CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim instal

Old 11-15-14, 12:21 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here are pictures of an Lexus ISF that I vinyl wrapped the roof in the 3M Di-noc material. As you can kind of see in some of the pictures, from a distance away, the material will almost give you a matte/flat black look. However, as you get closer to it, you'll be able to see the design and weave of the cf vinyl appear. The owner of this car came out to me in Irvine/Orange County. Hopefully these pictures will also help give an idea of how the 3M di noc carbon fiber material looks like on darker car and cars with sunroofs.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-14, 09:35 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I have confirmed the shop location that I will be doing all of the vinyl installations for this trip up there. It is going to be at my friend’s detailing shop.

And for those who want to see how far away the location from them is, the address is:
765 Mabury rd
San Jose, ca 95133

Also, his website address is sitelerwash.com/DetailShop, for those who want need any detailing work done. Feel free to contact him and let him know that you got his contact info from Don and he’ll be able to help you out.

For this white Lexus IS350 sedan, I wrapped the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material. The owner had plasti dipped the mirrors beforehand, as you can see in these pictures. Even with a relatively stock car still, the gloss black roof accents the car nicely and gives it a clean but more aggressive look at the same time. The only other thing I would probably do to this car, if it were my car, would be to black out the chrome window trim accents as well, to compliment the black roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-06-14, 08:47 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

It is not uncommon to have customers bring me by cars that have had clear coat or paint damage on them, for me to cover up with my vinyl materials. I have also wrapped over chrome window trim pieces that have oxidized from being out in the sun and exposed weather all the time as well.

The owner of this silver Nissan 350z was having clear coat failure/issues on his roof and wanted a fix that would cover up the ugly oxidizing paint and to also prevent it from spreading further. He had me vinyl wrap his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition to giving the car a new look, it also is going to end up helping protect his roof from further sun damage, especially since this car is parked outside all of the time. It is a good quick and cheaper solution than having the roof repainted. Can be done within a hour, versus dropping your car off at a body shop for a few days to a week to get it painted.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-08-15, 11:55 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this silver Lexus IS350 sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic glass look, connecting the front to rear windshield together. Although the car is relatively stock, the gloss black roof still goes well with the car, without making it look too modified or aftermarket. If someone didn’t know, the gloss black roof could have been something that was offered from the factory. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-11-15, 06:53 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I’ve had a couple of requests from people for pictures of gloss black interiors that I’ve wrapped. The owner of this Lexus SC400 coupe had me wrap the old wood interior trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl finish material to give it that piano black finish. This is a good alternative for those who don’t like the wood in their cars or their interiors trim pieces are starting to show signs of wear and they want a good solution to cleaning up the look of the interior. the owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County and was actually local/down the street from me in Yorba Linda.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-17-15, 06:32 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Blacking out the chrome window trim surround and front grill surround completely changed the look of this black Lexus IS350 sedan. For this car, we went with the gloss black vinyl finish for both the window trim and grill piece. Blacking out the chrome pieces still gave the car a factory and OEM look, but made the car look sportier and more aggressive at the same time. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done. Overall, I really liked the way blacking out the chrome on the car turned out, especially on a black car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-17-15, 02:37 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this Lexus GS350 sedan brought his car by for me to black out the chrome/brushed aluminum around the window trim, the front bumper grill surround, and also the center portion of the bumper. We went with gloss black for the chrome pieces and also center of the bumper, to give it a factory finish and also to match the other gloss black pieces already on the car. The owner of this car was from Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-25-15, 01:36 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 03-24-15, 09:07 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I had some people ask me what a carbon fiber roof on a black car look like, so here are some pictures.

Here is a black BMW E90 335i that I vinyl wrapped the roof with the 3M di-noc carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was from around the LA area and drove out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. I had also vinyl wrapped his window trim in matte black a while back as well. It's not very noticeable in the pictures, but the mirror caps were real carbon fiber, as a reference point for how the vinyl compares to real carbon.

-Don

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 04-06-15, 05:30 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-02-15, 10:21 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This is a returning customer who had me previous lightly tint the tail lights on his E92 M3. This time he had me come back to do the tail lights on his Audi V10 R8 as well. The film that I use is a fairly light shade, which is dark enough to give it a nice noticeable change and also still maintain a factory/OEM look. The owner of this car was in Irvine/Orange County near where I was so I dropped by his house to do the tail lights for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-04-15, 11:02 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this brand new white 4th gen Lexus GS350 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the black roof panoramic look. Even though the rest of the car was still stock, the gloss black roof still added a nice look/change to the car, without making it look out of place of aftermarket. My only other suggestion for this car would have been to also black out the chrome window trim and possibly front grill as well in the same gloss black vinyl material to give it a sportier look. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the car vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-12-15, 02:49 PM
Bdub619
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sent you an email...looking to get quote for CF roof wrap. Thanks
Old 05-12-15, 06:30 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Replied.

Thanks.

-Don
Old 06-18-15, 05:04 PM
Twotwo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need prices

Can u send me price in wraps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim instal