CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim instal

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-13, 12:12 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You might see me post a lot of white cars, followed by black cars, but I also do get cars that are other than black and white that come by to get work done as well. I thought the gloss black roof for this red Infiniti G35 coupe turned out very well. The gloss black roof went well with the black/dark colored rims that were already on the car, which was the look that the owner of this car was trying to go for. He drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-26-13, 05:43 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I don't know why, but I just don't end up posting very many pictures of the interiors that I have wrapped. I thought I had more pictures of this interior, but only one of them turned out well enough to post, since the others ended up being too dark, due to angle/lighting inside the car. This is the interior on an IS250/IS350 that I wrapped all of the hard wood pieces with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. The owner of this car had me wrap the pieces while still in the car. It's a nice change from wood, for those who are looking to get rid of the wood look or going after a sportier look.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-27-13, 02:26 PM
seanphan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much to just vinyl the chrome window trim?
Old 09-27-13, 02:46 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

What kind of car do you have? PM me and I'll get you a quote.

thanks.

-Don
Old 09-28-13, 10:35 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

This is one of the few new BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-30-13, 11:56 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Did a light tint/smoke install on this darker grey/gunmetal BMW 750i sedan F01. I took some before, during, and after pictures to give you guys a better picture of how the subtle changes/progress is like with my light tint/smoke vinyl material. I think the tail lights being slightly darker gave it a nice OEM+ look without making it look too modified, which is what the owner was trying to maintain. In addition to the tails, I also dod the reflectors in the bumpers to make sure that everything matched in the rear. The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-02-13, 09:58 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I blacked out the chrome/brush aluminum trim on this black Mercedes Benz CLS550 with my matte black vinyl material. We went with the matte black finish over the gloss black finish to give it some more contrast and a somewhat more of an aggressive look. I think it overall went fairly well with the look of the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. In addition the window trim, I also did the rear trunk bar that was chrome, which tied in nicely with the blacked out badges/emblems that were on the trunk as well. Only other thing that I could have possibly suggested is to also lightly tint the clear portion of his tail lights.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-09-13, 09:37 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this white VW CC sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, and the owner wanted to give it that panoramic and two tone look. The car did not have a sunroof, so the black roof was seamless up top, which gave it a very nice large mirror effect and smooth look. I took some up close pictures of the edges to show you how I am able to cut the edges/lines straight even on cars that do not have roof rails (IE BMWs, Mercedes, etc).

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-11-13, 10:48 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

I took a lot of pictures of this white BMW E90 335i sedan when I wrapped it. The owner of this car wanted me to wrap his roof in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber vinyl material. I also did the top portion of his bumper where it meets with the splitter, to try and give it a continuous look. It was a bit overcast the day I did this car, so it's actually a bit hard to tell that the film was actually the gloss carbon finish and not the dinoc matte carbon fiber finish. The rear trunk spoiler is also real cf in addition to the front splitter, so you guys can sort of get an idea of how real cf and the carbon fiber material I am using compares up next to each other. The owner of tho car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-11-13, 11:48 PM
bean006
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful BMW work Don!!!

It's just so happen that he's my housemate living in my home!! Lol!!
What a small world.

Thanks for the quote. I'll contact u soon for my front light tints.
Old 10-12-13, 10:28 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

That is pretty funny. I guess when you've worked on as many cars as I have, it's bound to happen, haha.

-Don
Old 10-13-13, 12:36 AM
bean006
Driver

Love your quality of work!

He told me that Don worked on his car.
But I didn't realize that both of us are talking the same Don.
Lol!!

Great workmanship, definitely worth it.
Old 10-13-13, 02:15 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear. Did you show him the pictures I posted on here? I don't post on the VW forums, so he may not have seen it yet.

-Don
Old 10-14-13, 09:54 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

The owner of this dark blue Subaru WRX had me my clear/transparent red vinyl film on his tail lights. I know most people are used to seeing me use my smoke/tint shade on tail lights, but I also have other colors such as red and yellow for tail lights, fog lights, etc. I took some pictures of the progress, for those who want to see how it is done. Also, some people also prefer the look of the whole tail lights completely red versus having the center portions cut out to be clear. The owner of this car drove from Tustin to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me vinyl his tail lights.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-16-13, 08:07 PM
flomtony
Driver School Candidate

How much for an Is250 roof wrap in gloss black?

Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim instal