CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Know any good Scenic Drives in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-13, 11:47 AM
kdm
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone tried the famous ONE WAY Tuna Canyon Road?
Old 08-20-13, 12:40 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kdm
Anyone tried the famous ONE WAY Tuna Canyon Road?
That's the one all down hill to PCH from Topanga! I took it instead of Topanga Canyon Blvd(27) once, I recommend a clear bra if you're doing it with friends and a safe distance between cars. That road gets pretty tight...

Actually, there's a good part of the 27 before the 101 too. Not really the "scenic drive" because traffic can ruin it, but it's best paired when you loop through to Mulholland Highway.

I like driving....
Old 10-08-13, 03:43 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by killnN00bs
ya thats right by my house...you live near malibu/
No, I just found it while browsing cayon drives in lateralg.org
Will def. have to try it out sometime!
Old 10-08-13, 08:19 PM
BigJ
Rookie

Sunrise Highway in the Cuymaca Mountains just off of the 8 fwy in San Diego is one of my favorite scenic drives. Not super technical, but plenty of very enjoyable road and scenery. There are plenty of long sweeping turns, twisty parts, and fast straights to enjoy. I love the crisp air, tall trees, and the fresh smell of pine experienced on this road. If you take it from the 8 fwy, it will eventually dump you off by Cuyamaca Lake, which is just around the corner from the town of Julian (this is where those awesome apple pies live that others were talking about ). From there, you can take Japatul Valley Road back to the 8 fwy, which is another great drive with plenty of rolling hills and sharp turns.

Sunrise Hwy:
Old 10-18-13, 08:32 PM
kdm
Pole Position

^ Ooh I think one segment from Top Gear's race to the border was filmed on Sunrise Hwy with Jeremy Clarkson driving the LFA. It looked quite nice..
Old 10-20-13, 07:44 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

We did the Mulholland Drive this weekend and there are some pretty good twisty roads in there! There's also a guy (Allen I think?) who sits at one curve with a camera ready and a sign that says "Photo at Apex"

If you don't go early enough though, you run the risk of other "traffic" on the road...like that black SUV who decided to roll through at 20mph....we're pretty sure the speed limit there was 40.

Anyway, we are going again next Sunday morning for Supercar Sunday and then a canyon run
Old 10-20-13, 11:06 PM
kdm
Pole Position

Nice FR-S run there. I have yet to try out Mulholland Dr. Also, by Supercar Sunday you mean the one Lamborghini Newport hosts? If so, isn't that next Saturday? (Nov 2nd)
Old 10-21-13, 09:52 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kdm
Nice FR-S run there. I have yet to try out Mulholland Dr. Also, by Supercar Sunday you mean the one Lamborghini Newport hosts? If so, isn't that next Saturday? (Nov 2nd)
Ah, I'm not sure about the one that Lamborghini Newport hosts-- my understanding is that there is a Supercar Sunday every Sunday at 7am on Mulholland Dr.

"From celebrities to race car drivers to designers to us regular guys, at Supercar Sunday is always full of surprises. It is the place to be see and be seen if you are an automotive enthusiast."

I've heard Jay Leno shows up quite frequently in one of his many awesome vehicles! I will just be bringing the FRS again because that car is amazing in the canyons
Old 10-25-13, 11:13 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Change in plans

Doing Angeles Crest this Sunday instead. Will check out Supercar Sunday another weekend
Old 11-07-13, 07:47 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Supercar Sunday is held at the Topanga mall in Woodland hills. The next Supercar Sunday will be in December which is toys for tots. I would love to join you guys/gals on the next canyon cruise.

Oscar
Old 11-11-13, 03:58 PM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SEXC
Supercar Sunday is held at the Topanga mall in Woodland hills. The next Supercar Sunday will be in December which is toys for tots. I would love to join you guys/gals on the next canyon cruise.

Oscar
Ohhh, is that the Motor4Toys show? I think I'll be going to that with a few buddies from work! I need to get a trunk full of toys though to bring out there, so I guess I need to get shopping!
Old 11-12-13, 05:45 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Ohhh, is that the Motor4Toys show? I think I'll be going to that with a few buddies from work! I need to get a trunk full of toys though to bring out there, so I guess I need to get shopping!

Yes, Motor4toys is a great show. This year will be the 10th year so I'm sure it will be even bigger/better. Hope to see you and hopefully a few other members.
Old 11-15-13, 04:03 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Me and a few friends are heading up to Newcombs ranch this Sunday morning. If anyone is interested in joining us for the cruise post here or Send me a PM.
Old 11-15-13, 04:12 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Havent done a GMR run in a few months now...

As always, BE CAREFUL!
Old 11-15-13, 05:04 PM
kdm
Pole Position

^Nice photos. Where is that one-lane road? Does it branch out separately from GMR?
Looks kinda scary. One small mistake and.. well...
How's the CHP presence during the weekends? Do they aggressively ticket speeders?

Quick Reply: Know any good Scenic Drives in SoCal?