CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Any recent reviews of Nutech Auto Repair or Tashmo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 11:06 AM
redlex15
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any recent reviews of Nutech Auto Repair or Tashmo?

I have an 02 IS300, that needs timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, etc...

I've been to LTS in pasadena. Though they were good, they're kind of far. Same with Dynamic.

Does anybody have any recent work performed by the following:

Nutech Auto Repair
20225 Valley Blvd, Walnut, CA 91789
Jimmy Wong was a former Lexus Master Tech.

Tashmo
2015 N Tustin Ave
Ste F & E
Santa Ana, CA 92705

Thanks
Old 08-12-13, 01:05 PM
psd112
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently had a front brake job and oil change done at Tashmo. Daniel, the owner is young ,but very professional. The work was fine. No problems at all. I did bring all my parts though. I can tell he doesn't stock much, and gets parts on an as-needed basis. He has no problem using non-oem parts for repairs. However, for my own piece of mind I bring my own OEM parts, this goes for for whoever I take my vehicle to. My buddy also had them to a front brake service including resurfacing rotors.

The price was awesome, mainly because I brought my parts. I would go there again. As far as something as complicated/$$ as a T-belt, I'm not 100% sure I would. Not because I don't trust there work, its just my PERSONAL lack of a working relationship with this shop. Also, to be honest the parking situation is so annoying, as his shop is also in a busy automotive repair plaza. Its bad. Really bad. Double parked cars everywhere.

For something as large as your service, you can't go wrong with Dynamic. Or I hear Vinam is good around the corner from there too.

I'm going to have tashmo do a spark plug/coolant/tranny change soon. I'll report back.