CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SoCal Exhaust shop... (Can't find thread..?)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-13, 01:36 PM
Shiryo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal Exhaust shop... (Can't find thread..?)

I can't find this thread or post about a shop that was up in OC or LA that was one of the best exhaust shops to go to. If I remember correctly someone did a custom exhaust setup, might've been X-Pipe too, for under or around a grand.

I think the guy's name at the shop was Mike? Not sure... To make things more complicated, I forgot if it was posted on CL or VSC...

Edit: I think it's Super Muffler in Arcadia?

Last edited by Shiryo; 03-01-13 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-01-13, 02:00 PM
xtremex626
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

think this belongs in the socal region section.

i'm pretty sure you're talking about mike's mufflers. i've always gone to mike's muffler in el monte (SGV area) for all my exhaust needs. their price is reasonable and they do a good job. i had my whole piping redone to a true dual exhaust (2.25 piping) from the cat back for under 2 bills.

if you're down in OC, i've heard ace muffler is pretty good too.

and btw, an x-pipe setup shouldn't even cost close to a grand, not even 500. i've known people that had it done for 250-350.
Old 03-01-13, 02:08 PM
Shiryo
Pole Position

My bad, figured it'd be best in here, forgot there was a SoCal region (I don't have the time for my car past few months so been off the forums a lot).

I just got off the phone with Mike's Muffler, quoted about $100 to cut the flange off the cats and raise it up and something like $375 for a custom back-back setup with magnaflow mufflers (Heard they were the most used by our scene out here?) and some 3.5" tips. Which is bit over what you're saying, but even when he said $375 for a full setup, that didn't sound too bad to me. However did say it would cost more for mandrel bent, and I didn't even get to ask on Stainless steel... Maybe i'm setting the bar too high for just a daily driver, but I like quality :/

I'm looking to get straight pipe with just 2 mufflers and tips, either x-pipe or true dual. Crazy you got it for under $200 though wow...
Old 03-01-13, 03:03 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got about $200 into parts for my exhaust and another $240 to have it welded up the way I wanted. I wanted it to be very clean and tucked as much as possible. I'm sure prices are going to be a bit different out there in cali.

I'm running an x-pype, dynomax mufflers, and resonated tips.

The setup sounds pretty good, if thats about what your going for.

Old 03-01-13, 04:11 PM
Shiryo
Pole Position

How does it sound?

I just got off the phone with Carlos over at Super Muffler in Arcadia who did Vincent's setup and he quoted me a lower price than Mike's Muffler and a turn around time of about 4-6 hours. So i'm really leaning on that side, I just need to source muffler/resonator and possibly exhaust tip setup... Then figure out how i'ma cut the bumper.
Old 03-01-13, 04:58 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds really good IMO. Has a nice grumble at an idle, but opens up alot on WOT. I still havn't gotten around to doing a sound clip, maybe I will this weekend. It took the shop I went to about 5-6hrs from start to finish.

The x-pype and mufflers I picked up from summitracing. The tips I'm using which are also resonators are made by "Pypes" if your interested