CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

HELP!!!...Attorney Recommendation Needed FAST - Eviction & Unlawful Detainer

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-13, 08:58 AM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!...Attorney Recommendation Needed FAST - Eviction & Unlawful Detainer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socal CL members,

I need a referral to an Attorney that specializes in "Eviction & Unlawful Detainer".

Basically, a close friend is going through a divorce and her ex-husband has not paid her the monthly support payment for this month, and she supports her two kids without his help for now.

She is now two months behind on her rent, and is being evicted. She just started a new job, but won't have the rent until three more weeks. (Working two weeks, then get paid on the third week). She received the unlawful detained posted on her door, for the payment for back rent and legal fees.

She showed the building manager the offer letter, but he still proceeded with the eviction (that's understandable from a landlord standpoint, to cover himself legally).

Can someone recommend a good Attorney who can help delay or postpone her eviction?
She lives in the Irvine/OC area.

Thanks in advance guys!!!!
Old 06-12-13, 09:42 AM
Uda880
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vipermann1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Socal CL members,

I need a referral to an Attorney that specializes in "Eviction & Unlawful Detainer".

Basically, a close friend is going through a divorce and her ex-husband has not paid her the monthly support payment for this month, and she supports her two kids without his help for now.

She is now two months behind on her rent, and is being evicted. She just started a new job, but won't have the rent until three more weeks. (Working two weeks, then get paid on the third week). She received the unlawful detained posted on her door, for the payment for back rent and legal fees.

She showed the building manager the offer letter, but he still proceeded with the eviction (that's understandable from a landlord standpoint, to cover himself legally).

Can someone recommend a good Attorney who can help delay or postpone her eviction?
She lives in the Irvine/OC area.

Thanks in advance guys!!!!
Try consulting with Ken Z Liang, he's been my personal lawyer for the last 5 years now, and have covered me from business deals to more personal issues.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ken-z-liang-irvine
Old 06-12-13, 12:33 PM
starknight
Lead Lap

feel bad for your close friend...but I doubt there is anything can do to postpone the eviction since she is already two month late on her rent. plus rent in Irvine isn't cheap, to the landlords standpoint, it will be hard for her to catch up on the rent.

Might as well just moving out instead of spending money on attorney fees, and focus on how to get the monthly support from her ex-husband.
Old 06-12-13, 02:16 PM
vipermann1
Intermediate

Thanks...I will have her call your friend.

Any other recommendations???
Old 06-12-13, 03:15 PM
lsvtec
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with 2 minor kids, I don't think the judge would order eviction plus she just gotten new job recently, chances are she would need to pay for past due rent and attorney fee.