CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Cal State Fullerton lockdown: Campus police search for 2 possibly armed suspects

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 08:49 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Cal State Fullerton lockdown: Campus police search for 2 possibly armed suspects

a little late, but very scary stuff, knowing that there are several CL members that are CSUF students that might be in class or on campus (if they haven't been evacuated already). and i think this is finals week too?...

Cal State Fullerton lockdown: Campus police search for 2 possibly armed suspects

FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- California State University, Fullerton, campus police said they were searching for two possibly armed suspects who may be hiding out on campus. The school was placed on lockdown during the search.

Authorities said the incident started around 3 p.m. Wednesday as a jewelry robbery and attempted homicide by five suspects in Moreno Valley. The suspects fled the scene in a Lexus and exited the freeway at Nutwood Avenue in Fullerton, near the CSUF campus.

Two male suspect were arrested at the scene. Two other suspects were at large.

Police set up a perimeter around Mihaylo Hall, where students said they saw at least one suspect moving through the halls.

Sgt. Jeff Stuart of the Fullerton Police Department said members of the SWAT team were doing a systematic room-to-room search at the building. He said they were not sure if any of the suspects were inside or if they fled through the back.

Stuart said the search was expected to continue through the night and that students inside would be allowed to leave once police gave the all-clear.

University police said College Park, a building on campus, would be evacuated.

The fifth suspect, a male, apparently carjacked a silver Toyota Camry and led authorities in a high-speed pursuit down the 91 Freeway into Compton. That suspect bailed on foot in Watts, but was soon taken into custody in a park without incident.

Police said the suspects shot at a person at the jewelry store in Moreno Valley. The victim was at a hospital in unknown condition.

Students took to Twitter to share pictures of the scene. One showed students hunkered down in a classroom with its lights off. Others posted photos of one of the suspects being arrested outside on the street.

Troy High School, which is across the street from CSUF, was also placed on lockdown as a precaution. Western State University College of Law and Hope International University, also nearby institutions, took precautions as well.

Last edited by projectdna; 12-12-12 at 08:52 PM.
Old 12-12-12, 09:29 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finals week is next week for us.
I dont think they were trying to hurt anyone but rather just trying to get away.
There were a TON of students walking around when they got out from the car they crashed in front of the business building. Quite frankly they couldve taken anyone a hostage at any time, but instead they chose to run.
Old 12-12-12, 11:27 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

just got the all clear.
Old 12-13-12, 12:28 AM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got out of my biotech lab early today. good thing because it all went down 5 minutes after i left. students were stuck there until 11ish
Old 12-13-12, 01:10 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't see how the suspects could hide in the Mihaylo building with a bunch of students there.. its easy to point out which classroom he hid himself into since that building isnt that big.
Old 12-13-12, 10:56 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost went to mihaylo. Anyway I'm glad they weren't out to hurt anyone.
Old 12-13-12, 01:00 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah it was pretty crazy, I was following it on the news last night! One of my friends who goes there luckily just barely left campus before this all happened too!
Old 12-14-12, 04:22 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was stuck in the library for two hours until they decided to sneak people out. Couple of my friends were at school until 12 in the main halls like McCarthy.