CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

KRISPY KREME TUESDAY 3000+ attendees

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-12, 03:45 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Same story - just magnified. Every car meet there's potential for idiots, this one was no different considering the massive amount of cars who showed up. Cops closed the streets entering the shopping center around 9:30p, and they were making the rounds in the parking lot. However they only went after the idiots... some guy did a full throttle turn in the parking lot, they arrested him and towed his car... a few motorcycle idiots were speeding in the lot and got tagged too... then peple in the main lot started a burnout line (in other words more idiots) - which was when the cops decided it was time to shut it down. But yeah - the cops tagged as many idiots driving wreckless as they could, which for me is a good thing. It's those types that ruin car meets for everyone else.

Hell - I had my puddles and my Knight Rider light on all night while my car was parked, no front plate too. Cops rolled by, saw it and didn't care. They went after the idiots trying to show off their Fast and Furious side LOL

There were the usual assortment of nice cars, okay cars, stock cars, ugly cars, plus bro trucks, old school roadsters, lowriders, a few cars that were trailered (to a car meet LOL), some exotics, some muscle, etc. Good mix, entertaining to see the various "states of tune".
Old 11-09-12, 04:00 PM
bobafreak
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XhyDra
CL is dead when it comes to the car scene. It's the truth, I rep alone and it's mostly with other brand cars. People know the risks of going to a mega massive epic meet, there will always be people doing stupid ish but that's life anyways. Any who it was epic.
Its not dead. I feel we just don't want to associate with common idiots you see at other meets doing stupid stuff. Look at the other meet thats been going for several yrs now. No PROBLEMS.! Lexus owners are more grown up. Well...........Most of us. lol
Old 11-15-12, 06:49 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobafreak
Its not dead. I feel we just don't want to associate with common idiots you see at other meets doing stupid stuff. Look at the other meet thats been going for several yrs now. No PROBLEMS.! Lexus owners are more grown up. Well...........Most of us. lol
That's exactly what I'm talking about, with all due respect. CL is a very closed uptight car club. They don't like to associate with anyone. You've obviously not seen when CL officials at meets kick out other car clubs. Or ask them to park somewhere else that's not near the meet. That's rather disgusting if you ask me or anyone that knows what I'm talking about. I generally hang around all types of car clubs and let me tell you I feel right at home. Very responsible people that talk the talk and walk the walk.

Maybe because the community isn't transparent but CL officials go to other car club events and keep their actions pretty tight nit. As to not stain the rep of CL. Well trully I just don't care. I'm more welcome at a BMW event than a Lexus event due to the nature of how the car culture exists within these walls we call CL.
Old 11-15-12, 09:49 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bobafreak
I went to one of the CL meets to meet some friends, we met up, then left. No big deal, it was only like what - 10-15 cars there at that time. Then I found that the meet had an official thread on CL forums so I suggested that that they post some pics to get more people to go, and everyone got all touchy about it LOL.

Someone even PM'd me asking 20 questions about what I drive, when I went, how long I stayed, who I talked to, etc. saying if I didn't stay there long and didn't approach them to talk that I shouldn't "tell them how to run a meet"

Really? LOL whatever.

The one thing I do know is this: owning a "Lexus" does NOT automatically make the owners "more grown up".

Granted, there are a lot of those "idiots" who show up to ANY meet, moreso something as big as KKT. But that doesn't mean that going to KKT is a bad thing - I go there to meet with friends in the Valley and we have a good evening looking at cars and hanging out together. Hell - I've met some Honda drivers at KKT who were more welcoming than what I mentioned above, and I don't even like Hondas at all.
Old 11-15-12, 10:22 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XhyDra
CL is dead when it comes to the car scene. It's the truth, I rep alone and it's mostly with other brand cars. People know the risks of going to a mega massive epic meet, there will always be people doing stupid ish but that's life anyways. Any who it was epic.
CL has changed drastically
Old 11-16-12, 08:47 AM
lsvtec
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you wanna see all crazy cars from ghetto civic to lambo, you should go to this one, over 3000 cars last time . if you just wanna go chill with your buddies, then stay with cl meet
Old 11-18-12, 08:32 AM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Parked alone in the back and someone put their coffee on my roof and threw up on my rims. First and last for this meet for me...
Old 11-18-12, 10:10 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by BBRolex
I Parked alone in the back and someone put their coffee on my roof and threw up on my rims. First and last for this meet for me...
^^^ what a straight out HAATEERRSS!!!