CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

CPP Structure: Thieves tried to steal my brothers Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-12, 09:07 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
Default CPP Structure: Thieves tried to steal my brothers Prelude

Once again.

Location: CPP Parking structure 4th Floor on ramp near elevator
Time: 1pm - 4pm.
Date: Thursday May 24th.
Car: Brothers black Prelude

He found the car with the lights on, hood popped, alarm cut, carpet pulled etc.

luckily he had a few theft prevention stuff in his car but they still were able to open the door via force.

Please keep a lookout CPP students in the structure.

If you see suspicious activities please take docs if not pics of it (no flash.. so that u dont get detected), take down all the description as possible, contact campus police immediately n if they flee follow!

I think these are the same arsefaces that stole my friends White integra, stole the miata, and maybe a few more cars that were gone on campus.
Old 05-24-12, 09:27 PM
tures
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cpp

Man you guys need a ak47 while parking at this school. Is that your brother felix Honda prelude?
Old 05-24-12, 09:35 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

yeeez sir. thats my brother
Old 05-24-12, 09:54 PM
TheBry
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should camp out in a different car not too far away next time haha
Old 05-24-12, 10:01 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'd also recommend going head into a stall as opposed to backing in. This way, the thieves still have to do a little reversing, and any excess amount of time from the theft might be valuable seconds that bystanders or actual owners can catch the thieves in the act. With all these thefts or attempted thefts at CPP, it might deter students from attending. It is seriously not worth it to go to school to learn and advance yourself, while constantly in fear that you might come back to the parking structure to find your car gone.
Old 05-24-12, 10:31 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

DANG IT, we were just talking about it today at the CPP thursday meet, we were like wow its thursday and no car was stolen today, so they did try, EVERY THURSDAY 1 to 4 hmmmm did you post at imports?
Old 05-24-12, 10:42 PM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
I'd also recommend going head into a stall as opposed to backing in. This way, the thieves still have to do a little reversing, and any excess amount of time from the theft might be valuable seconds that bystanders or actual owners can catch the thieves in the act. With all these thefts or attempted thefts at CPP, it might deter students from attending. It is seriously not worth it to go to school to learn and advance yourself, while constantly in fear that you might come back to the parking structure to find your car gone.
This is a big reason I deterred going here for graduate school due to these incidents...
Old 05-24-12, 11:07 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my homies car got jacked a month ago...in the same structure.
Old 05-25-12, 08:57 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DixonPai
DANG IT, we were just talking about it today at the CPP thursday meet, we were like wow its thursday and no car was stolen today, so they did try, EVERY THURSDAY 1 to 4 hmmmm did you post at imports?
naw im not a member on imports.

this is stupid though. The parking an transportation idiots would rather give out parking citations than stopping thieves from breaking into cars.
Old 05-25-12, 10:30 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

^^^ That's because, more likely, those guys are paid by the people who hired the thieves, to look the other way...

Last edited by OG Dada; 05-25-12 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-25-12, 10:53 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

This contract limits our liability, please read it. This parking pass LICENSES the holder to park ONE VEHICLE as directed. The University hereby declares itself NOT RESPONSIBLE for and assumes no liability arising from fire, theft, damage to or loss of the vehicle or any article left therein including but not limited to damage from trees. ONLY A LICENSE OF SPACE IS GRANTED HEREBY AND NO BAILMENT IS CREATED. Acceptance of this parking pass constitutes acknowledgement by holder that he or she has read and agrees to the provisions of the foregoing contract. Your PERMIT IS NOT VALID IN METERS. RESALE IS PROHIBITED AND NOT TRANSFERABLE

heres where cal poly gets you
Old 05-25-12, 12:49 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
This contract limits our liability, please read it. This parking pass LICENSES the holder to park ONE VEHICLE as directed. The University hereby declares itself NOT RESPONSIBLE for and assumes no liability arising from fire, theft, damage to or loss of the vehicle or any article left therein including but not limited to damage from trees. ONLY A LICENSE OF SPACE IS GRANTED HEREBY AND NO BAILMENT IS CREATED. Acceptance of this parking pass constitutes acknowledgement by holder that he or she has read and agrees to the provisions of the foregoing contract. Your PERMIT IS NOT VALID IN METERS. RESALE IS PROHIBITED AND NOT TRANSFERABLE

those rules are everywhere not just CPP

so many cars have been getting jacked left and right around the same time each week. I've gone tired reading the same thread every week about a different car getting jacked (teggy, miata, etc.)

i say drive over there with a few nice cars, camp the place out and catch them in the act.\

naw im not a member on imports.

this is stupid though. The parking an transportation idiots would rather give out parking citations than stopping thieves from breaking into cars.
this, i park in a loading spot for 5 minutes to run to my apartment to grab something and i already get a ticket by the time i get down yet they cant catch a thief whos snooping around the parking lot the whole day, looking for cars to steal?
Old 05-25-12, 12:58 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Wow. Again.. Thieves are worthless piece of crap in society.. You CPP guys should stake out and catch these thieves. Sorry to hear that it had to happened to your brother.
Old 05-25-12, 01:23 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, that is why I say we can get the press on this, but in the end if CPP wants to they can just go back to that and be like we already said we are not liable.
Old 05-25-12, 03:14 PM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

i don't remember there was a parking structure, but last time i been there was 2004

Quick Reply: CPP Structure: Thieves tried to steal my brothers Prelude