Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > CL of Southern California
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Pomona haters

Old 01-23-12, 03:27 PM   #1
g2bme
Pole Position
Trader Score: (6)

Default Pomona haters

So over the weekend, I was in Pomona, Tequila Hoppers to be exact. I went to visit some friends and ended up staying till last call. From the jumpoff I knew this place was a little questionable but whatever, i had good company i was meeting. I noticed getting into my car that there are circular cracks on the windshield and then in the morning it was massive cracks going from the drivers to the passenger roofish area.

Anyways long story short i was pissed but what could I do. It was 230 and the place was closing, they didn't have cameras or witnesses and I wasn't in my area (LA). To top it off friends were saying to call the police but we had been drinking. We went to King Taco after and still was in distraught over what happened. The lot was filled with 300's and hoopties. I shoulda known better and what sucks is that the bouncers and staff didn't give two craps.

Don't go to that place and Pomona, i thought LA was all love?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Attached Images

Last edited by g2bme; 01-23-12 at 03:33 PM..
g2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 03:37 PM   #2
KA8
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Your windshield got keyed? Hopefully insurance will cover that. Gotta be selective where you park your car. I'm paranoid when I park my Z at a mall lot.

2010 Prius IV
1993 LS400
1993 Z32TT
KA8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 03:53 PM   #3
g2bme
Pole Position

Not keyed. It's cracked. Like some type of circular object hit it and then made that circular crack and spider cracks that can't be really seen in the pictures. I was selective, I parked it right next to my friends black 300 under a well lit area about 20 feet in front of the entrance. And it was the ONLY car that was damaged.
Old 01-23-12, 03:57 PM   #4
600rr05
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

cbr600rr05 Rick_is250

dang that sucks. first time ive heard someone doing something like that....
Current Mods: 06 IS250 RWD Crystal White | 6K Headlights / Fogs | Tint | VERTEX Front & Sides, GFX Rear Lip | JDM Visors | V-LED HID White Puddle Light | Sewell LED Interior Lighting Kit | USDM IS-F Tail Light | Vinyl Black Roof | BC Coilovers | Oem.thing Roof Spoiler | LED Signal Mirrors | Platinum VIP Cup Kit | Platinum VIP Series I Wheels | Wald Rep Trunk Spoiler | AP2 Tips |

http://www.aemintakes.com/news/news.aspx?id=4591
600rr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-12, 10:36 PM   #5
k7q
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (27)

yeah pomona is sketchy.
Old 01-23-12, 11:15 PM   #6
NSGxLEX
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

bryan_85

Ive worked in pomona for the last 3 years. It aint no beverly hills lol
NSGxLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 02:38 AM   #7
midship909
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

I usually hang out at tequilla hoppers in upland on the weekdays to play some pool and the regulars are pretty cool even though me and my friends are the only Filipinos in there. Maybe it was just a unlucky night
93 MR2T sold
89 MR2T sold
midship909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 09:16 AM   #8
JYOO
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

I work in Pomona too, but i dont think ive seen even one spot where i would consider having a good time at.

CLASSIC OLD SKOOL FAV. LEX :GS 400 w/Naka, HIDs, Clear Bumper Lights, SRT HFI+ECU, Borla Carbon Fiber Exhaust, TRD LSD(MKIV Supra), Polarg Int. Lights, DIY painted calipers with Lexus logos, 12" Alpine Type-R sub, MTX 8302 amp, HKS hipermax coilovers, 19" Altstadts chrome/mesh Fr 19x8.5, Rr 19x9.5 on Dunlops
JYOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 10:19 AM   #9
Jay
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)

Send a message via AIM to Jay

Just TERRIBLE !!

Hopefully you can work something out with your insurance and repair this matter soon!!! My buddy had AAA and reported as a "vandalism" and took care of him. Of couse no idea what hpnd with his insurance rate after that matter took place..

I really don't think it's ONLY the Pomona ,maybe "MIDSHIP909" is right, this could be just ONE OF THOSE NIGHT, just hpnd to be your car as a victim.

GL

JAY
Old 01-24-12, 11:13 AM   #10
Dragtek
Pole Position

I think the place your referring to is in upland, not Pomona. I've lived in parts of Pomona for the past 6 years and there is certainly some sketchy parts (just as there is in any larger city). If you were to hang out in Pomona the best spots would be in downtown Pomona, the arts colony to be exact. I've taken my s2000, and friends 335 down there plenty of times with no issue.
Dragtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 11:41 AM   #11
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragtek View Post
I think the place your referring to is in upland, not Pomona. I've lived in parts of Pomona for the past 6 years and there is certainly some sketchy parts (just as there is in any larger city). If you were to hang out in Pomona the best spots would be in downtown Pomona, the arts colony to be exact. I've taken my s2000, and friends 335 down there plenty of times with no issue.
^^He's right because Tequila Hoppers is actually in Upland.

Pomona is mostly on the other side of the 10.

07 IS250 - SOLD
08 Altima Hybrid
98 Prelude - SOLD

Last edited by KillaIS250; 01-24-12 at 11:44 AM..
KillaIS250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-12, 02:12 PM   #12
g2bme
Pole Position

Okay so insurance is taking care of it. Still a little pissy pissy because it's me paying the deductible.

As far as the location, yeah it's Upland, but I mean I consider anything past Diamond Bar over the hill is Pomona lol. I mean don't get me wrong, the place was cool for drinks and on point for a good time...but just how the workers were after trying to get help and they didn't give two ****s. Honestly the crowd was all right and who knows maybe it was just one of those nights. Whatever the case I'm not going back there.

I probably will be going out to Pomona area often now just need to find a better area. I'll check out downtown Pomona at the arts district.

Midship909 I'm filipino too and so were two of my friends who were with me. I parked right next to my friends new chrysler 300 and she had no problem whatsoever. Just a fluke for the night but from what I was getting from there, there are usually fights that pop off.

Again I'm all bueno, whats done is done and just saying...there are haters out there and i hope karma comes back to them 100 fold.
Old 01-24-12, 05:41 PM   #13
starknight
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (20)

as I know that upland is actually a not bad city, maybe a little safer compare to pomona
Old 01-26-12, 01:31 PM   #14
phamxOC
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (14)

parked mine in downtown LA in around 2-3 pm

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-26-12, 04:18 PM   #15
vangis350
Driver
Trader Score: (8)

Sorry this happened to you. I used to live in Pomona and it's a pretty rough place. Someone egged my IS350 after 4 days of bringing her home.
vangis350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-12, 04:18 PM

Tags
arts, district, downtown, pomona, sucks