CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

HIN this Saturday?

Old 11-28-11, 10:04 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIN this Saturday?

anyone from SoCal going to HIN as spectators or showing off their cars?....
Old 11-28-11, 10:33 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

having our photobooth out there...come by the VIS booth.
Old 11-28-11, 10:59 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Probably going with some other IS , any deal ? on tickets ? lolz
Old 11-29-11, 12:57 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going from the I.E. I know a few others from the Monday night meets are too lol
Old 11-29-11, 04:09 AM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

awesome!!! I'll be coming down from NorCal .. see everyone there!!!
Old 11-29-11, 08:52 AM
BPVIP
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

BPVIP will be there this Sat and showing off 13+ member cars! dont want to miss these VIP cars some of the best in So Cal!!
Old 11-29-11, 11:26 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

$30 a ticket? That's ridiculous! Will def pass on this. smh
Old 11-29-11, 11:59 AM
JYOO
Pole Position

^^Thats what i said!! Even with the little azz 5 dollars off coupon that a lovely young woman gave me at the LA auto show....which only cost 10 bucks to get in...huh?

Last edited by PureDrifter; 11-29-11 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-29-11, 06:26 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

30 bux... for a ticket to see the show????? WTF...!!.

what do they charge to enter a car??? 60- 70? its was always about double the ticket price.....

I tell ya as a 6 year veteran of the Scene.... it is all bull***** and just not worth the money quite frankly either the reg fees to show or the ticket prices if they charge more than 15 bux and that is max.....

Tickets should be $12 max & reg fees from $25 to $40 MAX dep on the show

i know the scene is hurting like everything and al lof us,...but pricing the participation well above what is decent VALUE for the money is not a good way to cover your costs...it may work short term but long term you will have no business... if you can t make it work by charging reasonable fees then stop promoting a show....

the sad thing is we get conditioned by these jagoffs and after paying 15-20 bux to enter a show then 25-30 doesnt "hurt" any more....next thing you know they think they are ok charging 30 bux to go see a show & FOOLS pay it!

.... like 20+ dollar movie tix & 5 dollar gas.... no real reason gas shouldnt still be 2.85 gal. but after the oil co's see us all paying $4.50 plus, why the hell should they drop the price...?

all the kids dropping mommys money on 30 dollar tickets to a show and i assume 55-60++ to register a car...?? just stoopid money being wasted and al lthe while...you are telling the promoters that this is the new normal..

They wonder why attendance & entries are down...??? when the economy is ****e you dont raise prices to screw the last few customers you have....every one paying these prices is part of the problem.

BOYCOTT.

I only do a handful of shows any more,..I have more fun and spend less going to the larger MEETS all over the southland...much less hassle, less commitment in time no cost to enter, I see people I like or have common interests in most of the cars i'd see at a show, & I can leave when i want..

the "Show Scene" pretty much Sux ballz any more......my POV is not from lack of winning/placing either...I always place and have more trophys than I have room for...I started backing off on shows when i was out of work & seeing prices rise with no additional benefit to entering the show for the additional 20 bux in some cases.... now I can afford to enter any show but ............Why...? to see & compete with the same cars every 4 months.....

...... Meh.

there are better ways to spend my money & time,....cars & coffee... Supercar sunday... motor for toyz....

that being said.... .see some of you at that Autocon show in 2 weeks

Hahahah!!
Old 11-29-11, 09:13 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL. Well, it's my first big show in SoCal. I guess I gotta get it outta my system.

Supreme Society will have 5 cars there. That's all we could really afford. It is definitely expensive to enter this show. I'm actually kinda scared of HIN based on all the stuff I hear people say from previous years involving drama, stabbings, etc.

I don't want to get my car keyed.

That being said, see you all at HIN AND AutoCon!
Old 11-29-11, 09:22 PM
lexuswtf
Lexus Test Driver

last time I was at HIN was in like '01 or '02... so I'm pretty excited.. be sure to stop by and say hi... and see the lexus wt-f
Old 11-30-11, 08:43 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by edgy
30 bux... for a ticket to see the show????? WTF...!!.

what do they charge to enter a car??? 60- 70? its was always about double the ticket price.....

I tell ya as a 6 year veteran of the Scene.... it is all bull***** and just not worth the money quite frankly either the reg fees to show or the ticket prices if they charge more than 15 bux and that is max.....

Tickets should be $12 max & reg fees from $25 to $40 MAX dep on the show

i know the scene is hurting like everything and al lof us,...but pricing the participation well above what is decent VALUE for the money is not a good way to cover your costs...it may work short term but long term you will have no business... if you can t make it work by charging reasonable fees then stop promoting a show....

the sad thing is we get conditioned by these jagoffs and after paying 15-20 bux to enter a show then 25-30 doesnt "hurt" any more....next thing you know they think they are ok charging 30 bux to go see a show & FOOLS pay it!

.... like 20+ dollar movie tix & 5 dollar gas.... no real reason gas shouldnt still be 2.85 gal. but after the oil co's see us all paying $4.50 plus, why the hell should they drop the price...?

all the kids dropping mommys money on 30 dollar tickets to a show and i assume 55-60++ to register a car...?? just stoopid money being wasted and al lthe while...you are telling the promoters that this is the new normal..

They wonder why attendance & entries are down...??? when the economy is ****e you dont raise prices to screw the last few customers you have....every one paying these prices is part of the problem.

BOYCOTT.

I only do a handful of shows any more,..I have more fun and spend less going to the larger MEETS all over the southland...much less hassle, less commitment in time no cost to enter, I see people I like or have common interests in most of the cars i'd see at a show, & I can leave when i want..

the "Show Scene" pretty much Sux ballz any more......my POV is not from lack of winning/placing either...I always place and have more trophys than I have room for...I started backing off on shows when i was out of work & seeing prices rise with no additional benefit to entering the show for the additional 20 bux in some cases.... now I can afford to enter any show but ............Why...? to see & compete with the same cars every 4 months.....

...... Meh.

there are better ways to spend my money & time,....cars & coffee... Supercar sunday... motor for toyz....

that being said.... .see some of you at that Autocon show in 2 weeks

Hahahah!!
sounds like someone needs a hug

Last edited by jonjon83; 11-30-11 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-30-11, 09:32 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I'll be there. Good to hear some of the CL peeps will be there as well. Parking will suck, but having seen what HIN was in previous years, it should make for a fun night. I, as well as many, were bummed that it was cancelled the past couple of years, so this is huge. As for the ticket pricing, yeah it's high (and it certainly helps to know people who have access behind the scenes), but hardly anyone gets shortchanged for the amount they pay.

Hope everyone who's going has a great time!
Old 11-30-11, 09:32 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 117 Likes on 44 Posts

HIN lol....try wekfest hawaii this weekend
Old 12-01-11, 01:05 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
HIN lol....try wekfest hawaii this weekend
Man i would LOVE to go to Hawaii for a little vacation + Wekfest