CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SoCal dealership recomendation? (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-10, 09:59 AM
areukhmer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal dealership recomendation? (The Mother thread)

My family planning on getting new 3GS this coming month. Was wondering if anyone here know anyone or anything that can probably help me save a few dollars!?!?
Old 08-09-10, 12:19 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ask Alfred!
Old 08-09-10, 12:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i don't know about san diego, but if you come up to LA area, i always use peter of lexus of glendale. i have gotten a few cars from him and he's always been great (on both services and prices). i have referred a few people to him too and they all like him. let me know if you want me to get you his contact info
Old 08-09-10, 02:28 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to work at Lexus of Cerritos. Desmond Thompson is the only person I would ever buy a car from. He is the only person I know that will not make your car buying experience a stressful one.
Old 08-15-10, 10:16 AM
stefunnie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MiiK350
I used to work at Lexus of Cerritos. Desmond Thompson is the only person I would ever buy a car from. He is the only person I know that will not make your car buying experience a stressful one.
wish i knew this earlier.. i bought my car from david tang @ cerritos
Old 08-15-10, 10:43 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I think Lexus of Cerritos is a Vendor here also..
Old 08-15-10, 12:06 PM
DaBeast
Driver

Originally Posted by areukhmer
My family planning on getting new 3GS this coming month. Was wondering if anyone here know anyone or anything that can probably help me save a few dollars!?!?
I know Orange County and LA County if you wanna make a trip.
Old 08-15-10, 06:40 PM
alan003
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by stefunnie
wish i knew this earlier.. i bought my car from david tang @ cerritos

i bought my car from him too.... lol
Old 11-02-11, 11:05 AM
1herm4
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Any SoCal dealership recomendation?

Its time to sell the G35 coupe, need a sedan.

New member lookng to purchase an IS 350. I live in lake elsinore but willing to take a 50 mile drive for the right car at the right price. Any recomendation are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-11, 01:30 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you shopping for a new car or a used/CPO?

I'll share my personal experiences

Lexus of Carlsbad - specifically with Sandy Schwartz. He was super helpful and got me a killer dealer on my CPO IS250. It's probably right about a 50 mile drive from Lake Elsinore, but based on my experience it would be worth the drive if your serious about buying a car. It was the most painless car buying experience ever. (Besides the part where I had to trade in my beloved Prelude lol)

Crown Lexus - had a great experience there too with Jason Bordeaux when i was trying to trade in the 250 for a CPO IS-F. I'd say if your buying CPO and not new you definitely want to hit up Crown Lexus because they had the best prices of any dealer in SoCal when i was looking for the IS-F. And by best I mean at least $2500 less than the next closest price for a comparable car at a Lexus dealership. Crown Lexus should be less than 50 miles from you too.

Longo Lexus - is a bit further than 50 miles, but some of my friends have gotten SWEET deals on new cars there. Probably because Longo is the #1 Lexus dealers on the West Coast and they sell a lot of cars. I personally take my car here for every service and love the dealership and the staff. If they had a 250 that met my criteria when i was shopping for one there's no doubt i would have dealed with Longo.

I would personally avoid Lexus of Riverside, I did look at 250s there but the sales guy i got was not that helpful during my test drive. Made it to obvious he wanted me to buy the car right away so he could get paid and move on to the next one. I'm sure other people have had good experiences, but my own personal experience, and a few ive read on CL (mainly with service department though) haven't been positive.
Old 11-02-11, 09:46 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

thanks for the advice. Odd thing is Lexus of Riverside is the only one who seems or wants to offer any quotes. Might have to make the drive to Longo this weekend.
Old 11-03-11, 10:38 AM
gemini1
FNM President

Your gonna get alot of different opinions regarding different dealerships.

I recomend LONGO LEXUS!
Old 11-03-11, 11:32 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Use the internet to your advantage. Go to the various websites and get a quote on the cars before wasting any gas. I got good responses from Longo, Westminster, and Crown when I was helping my folks pick out a LS
Old 11-03-11, 12:54 PM
1herm4
Intermediate

Thanks everyone. In my opion, online is the only way to buy or atleast the best way to get a no hagle price. Too bad the company i work for does not offer any purchase incentives for Lexus. They offer nice discounts but from the Big Three (GM,Ford,Chrysler), one fixed price take it or leave it! It sure was nice when i bought my Chevy diesel truck, best and quickest process.
Old 11-03-11, 08:32 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I, too, would recommend Longo Lexus. They have great customer service when dealing with potential clients and have a great selection. But aside from Longo, there are other closer dealers near you as well. Definitely look around and check to see if any dealer has exactly what you're looking for. Best of luck to you!

Quick Reply: SoCal dealership recomendation? (The Mother thread)