CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Help me petition to get more security at Cal Poly!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-11, 11:30 PM
kanani22
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me petition to get more security at Cal Poly!

Hey guys,

As some of you guys have seen here on Club Lexus, my friend's eg was stolen (now found, completely stripped and on blocks in LA) from Cal Poly. There is a massive lack of surveillance in parking lots on our campus, and my club, Imports@CPP, has started a petition to get more cameras, lighting, and security on campus. Our ultimate goal is to reduce the amount of automotive vandalism, as we know we cannot fully eliminate it.

Please sign the petition here, I would greatly appreciate it!

http://www.change.org/petitions/cali...king-locations

Thanks!
Old 10-19-11, 12:04 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Petitions don't really do jack...$$$$ will do all the real talking on this issue.
Old 10-19-11, 12:37 AM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I added my sig...we really do need security cameras, etc. this is getting ridiculous
Old 10-19-11, 01:03 AM
PointABE
Driver

Signed. I don't go to CPP, but I have many friends that do, and I occasionally study at their library.

Well, having a petition is better than doing nothing.
Old 10-19-11, 08:23 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

question: whos going to fund the security?

we pay about $90 or watever for our quarterly permits... and yet we still complain about it. Imagine getting it bumped to $120 or so.. people be raging.

Signed.
Old 10-19-11, 11:07 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^I bet you anything they would seriously consider bumping up permit prices to fund this kind of thing if it does happen.

Anyways, I don't go to CPP either but i signed it. I know how crappy it is to have your messed with on campus, happened to me a few times at UCR. They wouldn't beef up security either, my buddy even got his RSX wheels stolen in a busy parking during the middle of the day. The campus really doesn't care even though you spend $200+ a year on a parking permit they can't be bothered to install a few cameras in a parking lot.

Good luck collecting the rest of the signatures!
Old 10-19-11, 12:13 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
^I bet you anything they would seriously consider bumping up permit prices to fund this kind of thing if it does happen.

Anyways, I don't go to CPP either but i signed it. I know how crappy it is to have your messed with on campus, happened to me a few times at UCR. They wouldn't beef up security either, my buddy even got his RSX wheels stolen in a busy parking during the middle of the day. The campus really doesn't care even though you spend $200+ a year on a parking permit they can't be bothered to install a few cameras in a parking lot.

Good luck collecting the rest of the signatures!
to be fair, i lived at UCR for 4 years rolling around on my wheels and other stuff all the time and never had a single problem aside from occasionlly people drawing in the dust on my car
Old 10-19-11, 12:20 PM
isdouble
Rookie

Signed.
Currently I'm at CPP right now as I'm writing this haha. Since I've heard so many stories here mainly because there are no cameras, I always try to look for a parking spot that has at least 1 side that isn't parkable just so I can park a bit close to that side to avoid door dings. Of course I can't find it all the time because parking gets packed pretty quick. Whenever I see threads about cars getting stolen like the red EG, I keep getting paranoid lol.
Oh and now I know why I see so many Imports stickers on cars here lol.
Old 10-19-11, 12:44 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
to be fair, i lived at UCR for 4 years rolling around on my wheels and other stuff all the time and never had a single problem aside from occasionlly people drawing in the dust on my car
Did you have a Honda/Acura? Lol the Inland Empire is notorious for Honda/Acura thefts. My Prelude got broken into twice and someone even tried to steal it with a flat bed. I even left campus one day and noticed the car felt weird when turning out, when i checked, all the lugs on the front drivers side where loose except the locking one...i guess someone tried to get at the wheels My whole car was even keyed at the Lothian dorms (all the way down one side from front to rear and across and down the hood). Security didn't notice anything and no camera's to get anything. -_-
Old 10-19-11, 01:01 PM
PointABE
Driver

Did you have a Honda/Acura? Lol the Inland Empire is notorious for Honda/Acura thefts. My Prelude got broken into twice and someone even tried to steal it with a flat bed. I even left campus one day and noticed the car felt weird when turning out, when i checked, all the lugs on the front drivers side where loose except the locking one...i guess someone tried to get at the wheels My whole car was even keyed at the Lothian dorms (all the way down one side from front to rear and across and down the hood). Security didn't notice anything and no camera's to get anything. -_-
Dang. Some guy's Charger at my apt complex had his wheel jacked and is currently on blocks...
Old 10-19-11, 04:32 PM
Jordan_Inc
Lexus Test Driver

Signed! Cal Poly is ridiculous.
Old 10-19-11, 04:42 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

nah i had my LS for most of it, or my supra.
Old 10-19-11, 05:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

You guys realize that more security cameras means more money...which equates to higher tuition later down the road. They money has got to come from somewhere.
Old 10-19-11, 05:27 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
nah i had my LS for most of it, or my supra.
Haha that's why you where all good. My buddies with modded SC's, Nissans, and even Toyota Celica's and stuff never got messed with. But i heard some crazy stuff from Honda peeps. lol
Old 10-19-11, 05:42 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by flipside909
You guys realize that more security cameras means more money...which equates to higher tuition later down the road. They money has got to come from somewhere.
considering they've raised tuition almost 50% since i started college i'd wager they can afford a few grand in cameras... especially since most public area security cameras aren't funded by the school but rather by the UC Police Dept. (though idk how that works for CSUs)

Quick Reply: Help me petition to get more security at Cal Poly!