CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

ATTENTION Friend Met Guy To Check Out SC300 & Got Jumped & Cell Phone Stolen

Old 06-05-11, 11:18 AM
silky f
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If he posted all over craigslist or CL I'm sure he'll vet caught in no time
Old 06-05-11, 01:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Guys, reminder that physical threats of violence are a violation of our forum terms of service.

Let's provide any details that might be helpful and let the police deal with this bad situation please.
Old 06-05-11, 04:39 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got an update. Our friend got a swollen nose and a broken ankle from all this
Old 06-05-11, 05:56 PM
emission
Driver School Candidate

Was it Ruben Jerry?
Old 06-05-11, 06:06 PM
saleens281
Rookie

First things first I'm sorry to hear about your friend this is beyond ridiculous.

Is there any chance your friend might be able to provide some further info? I have a lot of legit connections (PD) so please PM me when you have a chance.
Old 06-05-11, 06:31 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

i hope this guy get caught and prosecuted...punkd!!!
Old 06-05-11, 08:04 PM
clos
Driver

They should have been busted by now, that's if your friend did the smart thing and called the cops and give them the phone # and address of the guy he met up with.
Wtf is wrong with people now a days? Hope he's OK and keep him company.
Old 06-05-11, 09:06 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

so crazy hope this guy gets caught before he does the same thing to someone else
Old 06-06-11, 12:23 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

im pretty sure he got the phone number that's how they met right?
Old 06-06-11, 11:46 AM
SW2UZ
Pole Position

Feel free to PM me any info that way I can use my detective skills to find him and notify the proper authorities. That is unless he has already been found.

That being said I hope for the best for your friend and that this pos gets his just dues.

Edit: started search found thread on G35 started by xknowonex with the guys name gonna take some time there are a few Manuel Ramos living in south San Diego

Using pic to match housing and gate on the hits I got, gotta love street view on google maps

Last edited by SW2UZ; 06-06-11 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-06-11, 04:33 PM
jdmstar69
Driver

hey guys, thanks for the support. i called the police right after the altercation happened. i have been talking to this guy about trading his lexus(didnt look bad in pictures) for my mk3 supra. we agreed to meet up at a location in huntington beach to do the trade if everything worked out. when he got to the location, he pulled up in a uhaul with the car on a trailer and from there i could already tell the car was not what he described to me. panels were falling off, front bumper looked spray painted, the front bumper wasnt straight and the whole top of the car was sun damaged and peeling, car had no a/c and worst of all, he hot wired the car in front of me to show that it ran. i nicely told him that I wasn't intrested in the car cause i was expecting something a lot cleaner and he kept asking what he could do to make the deal go through. he and his friend got in the car after talking for a bit so i headed back to my buddies car and waited for them to leave. after a few minutes, they got back out of the car nd ask me to check my car out. i proceeded to let them check it out and after they looked at it i told them sorry for wasting your time and sorry we couldnt work out a deal. i stuck my hand out to shake his hand nd he sucker punched me square in the face. thats when the fight broke out and luckily my friend was not too far away to run over and help me out. my friend broke up the fight and i told him to go in the shop with me just to stay away from them cause at the time i had already broke my ankle and my face was covered in blood. during the fight my phone fell on the floor and didnt think twice to pick it up before we headed inside. when we went outside we couldnt find the phone anywhere so im guessing they took it before they left.
Old 06-06-11, 05:25 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmstar69
hey guys, thanks for the support. i called the police right after the altercation happened. i have been talking to this guy about trading his lexus(didnt look bad in pictures) for my mk3 supra. we agreed to meet up at a location in huntington beach to do the trade if everything worked out. when he got to the location, he pulled up in a uhaul with the car on a trailer and from there i could already tell the car was not what he described to me. panels were falling off, front bumper looked spray painted, the front bumper wasnt straight and the whole top of the car was sun damaged and peeling, car had no a/c and worst of all, he hot wired the car in front of me to show that it ran. i nicely told him that I wasn't intrested in the car cause i was expecting something a lot cleaner and he kept asking what he could do to make the deal go through. he and his friend got in the car after talking for a bit so i headed back to my buddies car and waited for them to leave. after a few minutes, they got back out of the car nd ask me to check my car out. i proceeded to let them check it out and after they looked at it i told them sorry for wasting your time and sorry we couldnt work out a deal. i stuck my hand out to shake his hand nd he sucker punched me square in the face. thats when the fight broke out and luckily my friend was not too far away to run over and help me out. my friend broke up the fight and i told him to go in the shop with me just to stay away from them cause at the time i had already broke my ankle and my face was covered in blood. during the fight my phone fell on the floor and didnt think twice to pick it up before we headed inside. when we went outside we couldnt find the phone anywhere so im guessing they took it before they left.
Wow, just Wow....

I'm glad you're doing ok, considering it could have been a lot worse. I can't imagine what goes through ones mind to commit such a crime on his fellow man. Phones are always replaceable. I do feel that he will be caught. Not a smart move on his part considering you can point him and his car out. It's not like it's a Honda Civic...keep your head up man. You'll be aiight dude
Old 06-06-11, 05:34 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

He will be caught don't worry. He won't be able to sell the car or drive it around everywhere before someone gets him. Did u by any chance get his plate #? Or try going to anything local where u met him up at n try to get the video
Old 06-06-11, 06:34 PM
curepunx
Driver

Damn, it sucks to hear. Just like everyone else states, we hope that these fellows get caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law for their actions. Anyway, even if your phone was not found at the scene, is it not possible to check your phone records/calls online from your service provider? It will state the time and date of the call. A simple trace from that number by the police department can possibly lead them to a name/address and MAYBE even an arrest.

Goodluck!
Old 06-06-11, 06:41 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

He left his number on one of the other threads asking for a radiator. Plus, his IP info is logged and can be accessed by law enforcement. Pretty stupid if you ask me

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ATTENTION Friend Met Guy To Check Out SC300 & Got Jumped & Cell Phone Stolen