CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Longo Lexus service dept any good?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 09:19 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SB2013RX
Thank you Crispy for the 411.
Glad to be of service. Ask for Jimmy, he's great.

You would think they would listen to customers requests. Sorry they did that to your car.
Thanks, and you would think... Luckily my detailer was able to get all the scratches out, so ended up being okay, besides being out of pocket some cash. Figured I would have had it detailed soon anyways, so took at as a lesson learned, c'est la vie.
Old 07-01-13, 12:20 PM
freeflight
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys almost time for our first service on our RX. Just had a few questions on longo's service dept. 1) how long dose it take for the first service? 2) what do they do. (Im guessing oil and filter change and a general check.) 3) if over an hour long wait time is it customary to request a loaner? 4) do they mind f i did not buy the RX from them? Would have liked to but the exact model was not in stock and my little lady did not have a good experience with our sales rep. This is my wife's baby and i want to make sure this is a good experience for her and done right. I would do the service my self but since its included why not get it done by the pros. Oh and if any pointers i will keep an open ear.

Sorry kinda long just trying to get my ducks in a row.
I have good experience with Longo, always worked with Jimmy Thach. You can ask him how long it usually takes. 1st service should be free.
http://www.longolexus.com/Our-Service-Team

They don't care if you bought the car from them. They want to earn your service money.

Kevin
Old 07-05-13, 02:37 PM
flomtony
Driver School Candidate

Long Lexus provides excellent service IMO. The SA are quite informative and try to service you to the best of their abilities. Also they are very accommodating to whatever you need while you are there.
Old 07-08-13, 03:15 PM
SB2013RX
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the info
Old 07-09-13, 08:57 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I've been a long time customer of Longo Lexus. I bought my first Lexus from them 10 years ago and have always gone to them to service my cars ever since.Their staff is first class and their services are second to none. I live about an hour away from them but for me it's worth the drive.
Old 09-04-13, 03:20 PM
SB2013RX
Driver School Candidate

Well im finally taking the RX in to longo this comming monday for the first real service. I will keep every one informed. Should be just an oil change.
Old 09-04-13, 03:23 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Went there the other day to get a brake fluid flush, pretty good service.
Old 09-05-13, 12:23 AM
JonTheFish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by koric
Will Longo price match Cerritos Lexus' oil change special?
You can call them to double-check, but when I bought my car there a couple of months ago I am almost certain they said they will.

I had an awesome experience with Longo's sales department when I got my 2014 IS and from my limited interaction with their service department (only when I got my complimentary 1000 mile service and attended a new buyers dinner), I have nothing but great things to say about Longo. I am actually much closer to Lexus Cerritos but will go out of my way (~20 miles actually) to deal with Longo. I haven't given Cerritos a chance yet, but I have no reason to take my business anywhere else.
Old 09-05-13, 11:52 AM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

I got really great customer service at longo when I went in for the lexus recalls. I always get a loaner for the long weekend holiday (make an appointment) and the rep was very nice and follow up promptly. The last recall they did was the enginre misfire/carbon build up and i told I had spark plugs in the truck and if they can replace it...and they did for free.

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
man, lucky you. all i've gotten so far were the IS250s. i guess they check what you drive before they issue your loaner cars, lol.

I've gotten my choice of IS250 or CT200 if they are available, just request for it.

Last edited by Initial_K; 09-05-13 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-09-13, 11:02 AM
SB2013RX
Driver School Candidate

Service on the RX was quick. In @ 7am out at 8am. A good experience.
Old 09-09-13, 06:09 PM
YogiFTLC
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Believe it or not, I still service my car through Longo Lexus. General fixes, maintenance and even warranty work. I have a good amount of parts and customization done to my vehicle and the staff always meets my needs. As long as you tell them what needs to be done or what needs to be watched out for, they'll always pull through and do their best to facilitate your needs.

I have a full vinyl wrap job, I simply tell them to not wash it through they're wash. They'll stick something on your roof with the big words "NO WASH". Also I have air suspension with a easy to reach controller so anyone can accidentally lower with the push of a bottom and wheels that are not so cheap. I simply asked my service advisor and he assigns a specific porter to drive it. Me being me I'm a very paranoid person and I don't like parking my car just anywhere, just incase a moron wants to swing his door open. They find a safe spot where my car is out of harms way.

My experience there is quite amazing and will always return for work.

if you guys wants my recommendation to who you should go to directly over there.

Service advisor: Jimmy Thach (very cool dude, also a car enthusiast, 2k owner & 4gs owner)
Technician: Jan Hor (You can request him, recommended by my friends and he's done quality work each time)
I believe this guy is one of the head porters (excuses me if i got it wrong): Sebastian, every time I come in for service, I trust this guy with moving my car with no worries. Every time I roll up, he takes the time out of his busy work schedule to take care of me.

Last edited by YogiFTLC; 09-09-13 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-09-13, 06:16 PM
YogiFTLC
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
Kind of hard to explain how I say it here, but honestly everyone says it differently. lol, I just call him Jimmy
lol, TH-at-CH
Old 12-19-14, 03:38 PM
freeflight
Driver

I just called Longo and found Jimmy Thach has left the company a few months ago. Who else can help Club Lexus member?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-14, 04:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

yes he left couple weeks ago. call up and ask for raymond liu and tell him henry refers you
Old 12-19-14, 04:36 PM
freeflight
Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
yes he left couple weeks ago. call up and ask for raymond liu and tell him henry refers you
Will do, thanks.

Quick Reply: Longo Lexus service dept any good?