CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Longo Lexus service dept any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-11, 09:14 AM
kennuth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd recommend Jennifer. Tell her that Kenneth referred you.
Old 04-25-11, 11:31 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the service advisers at Longo.

Ask for Joe Castro (service director) he will put you with the best service rep available, just mention your from ClubLexus
Old 04-26-11, 09:43 PM
Gregoose
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys are lucky that you got the proper service consultant during your visit.

I had a horrible one, i wouldn't mention his name here.

Bought a 07 GS 350, from what i read they had a brakes recalled or some parts that making the squeaky noise which Longo refuse to replace until my 3rd visit of service within less than a month old since i purchased the vehicle.

I blame the consultant that took care of me. First service it was obvious the brakes were loud so he decide to just get them cleaned and noise exist the following day, even wasted some cash for Enterprise rent a car because the consultant did not follow up right away and was on service for two full day. They only pay for one day for the rent a car, thatswat i was told.
Second visit they replace the front brakes disk etc... Supposedly the rear is not part of the recall and no noise should be occuring due to less pressure...
Third visit car still 2k miles below 70k, experiencing rattles from left side speedometer, left dash, and somewhere in the sunroof. Drove around with Longo tech and he definitely noticed the rattles or noises. So i left my car assuming they will do work since still below 70k, took off around 7:30am. Lack of communications from the consultant, he called me around 5pm saying he couldn't get a hold of the manager that make decision if they will cover the cost. 9 damn hours!!!!!!
Called him back and told him thats unacceptable and i had to wait that long for no answer. Then he goes "my manager just responded, he said Longo will not cover the cost to open the dash and to fix the rattle noise" what ticks me off is that it's a known issue from GS/IS 3rd gen vehicles.
After they have my car for full day they did nothing.....and it's been a month....still dealing with the dash and sunroof noise.

I'm a little iffy if i should even go back to Longo service even though the vehicle have 3 years/100k warranty...

So if anyone know a good place for Lexus service please PM....need CL help?!
Old 04-26-11, 09:51 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Originally Posted by Gregoose
You guys are lucky that you got the proper service consultant during your visit.

Bought a 07 GS 350, from what i read they had a brakes recalled or some parts that making the squeaky noise which Longo refuse to replace until my 3rd visit of service within less than a month old since i purchased the vehicle.

I blame the consultant that took care of me. First service it was obvious the brakes were loud so he decide to just get them cleaned and noise exist the following day, even wasted some cash for Enterprise rent a car because the consultant did not follow up right away and was on service for two full day. They only pay for one day for the rent a car, thatswat i was told.
Second visit they replace the front brakes disk etc... Supposedly the rear is not part of the recall and no noise should be occuring due to less pressure...
Third visit car still 2k miles below 70k, experiencing rattles from left side speedometer, left dash, and somewhere in the sunroof. Drove around with Longo tech and he definitely noticed the rattles or noises. So i left my car assuming they will do work since still below 70k, took off around 7:30am. Lack of communications from the consultant, he called me around 5pm saying he couldn't get a hold of the manager that make decision if they will cover the cost. 9 damn hours!!!!!!
Called him back and told him thats unacceptable and i had to wait that long for no answer. Then he goes "my manager just responded, he said Longo will not cover the cost to open the dash and to fix the rattle noise" what ticks me off is that it's a known issue from GS/IS 3rd gen vehicles.
After they have my car for full day they did nothing.....and it's been a month....still dealing with the dash and sunroof noise.

I'm a little iffy if i should even go back to Longo service even though the vehicle have 3 years/100k warranty...

So if anyone know a good place for Lexus service please PM....need CL help?!
^^ Sorry, to hear about that at Longo.

But, I would still take my car there for service. One incident doesn't
make the entire Longo Service Department horrible!
Old 04-26-11, 10:00 PM
Gregoose
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gemini1
^^ Sorry, to hear about that at Longo.

But, I would still take my car there for service. One incident doesn't
make the entire Longo Service Department horrible!
I didn't say the whole department. Just the person that consulted me and how he minimized the job that needed to be done to my vehicle. It was just unnecessarily how he wasted my time on multiple visits for same issues.

It was mentioned from previous post, they do intend to either follow some procedure to minimize the work or it was just lack of communications/follow up.

I will give it another try for my next 70k mile service, and definitely going to ask for different service consultant.

But anyone know some place thats very reliable for Lexus service, i wouldn't mind having backup place for service....please PM me.

TY!
Old 04-27-11, 08:21 AM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LTS tech in pasadena. i wouldnt bring my car in to a dealer for anything other than warranty work.
Old 05-02-11, 11:36 AM
LongoLexs1
Driver School Candidate

Default Longo Lexus - Joe Castro Responds

Originally Posted by Gregoose

Hi Greg - This is Joe Castro, Service Director of Longo Lexus. I’m sorry to hear that you’re disappointed with your service experience with us. We do our best to deliver top-notch service to all of our guests. I do recall your situation, and on your second visit, provided the parts and repair of your GS 350 front brakes, rotors and shims on the house.

I hope you can understand that there are limitations on Certified Pre-owned warranty. Please contact me directly at Joe.Castro@LongoLexus.com or 626-580-6252 or Service Manager Glenn Simpson at Glenn.Simpson@LongoLexus.com or 626-580-6283 for the future service and maintenance of your GS 350. Glenn and I look forward to personally assisting you.
Old 05-05-11, 01:28 AM
Gregoose
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LongoLexs1
Hi Greg - This is Joe Castro, Service Director of Longo Lexus. I’m sorry to hear that you’re disappointed with your service experience with us. We do our best to deliver top-notch service to all of our guests. I do recall your situation, and on your second visit, provided the parts and repair of your GS 350 front brakes, rotors and shims on the house.

I hope you can understand that there are limitations on Certified Pre-owned warranty. Please contact me directly at Joe.Castro@LongoLexus.com or 626-580-6252 or Service Manager Glenn Simpson at Glenn.Simpson@LongoLexus.com or 626-580-6283 for the future service and maintenance of your GS 350. Glenn and I look forward to personally assisting you.
I guess thanks for replying back but i did review the CPO warranty for my car was still under 69k when i brought it in and got rejected to resolved the rattles issue. I'm just tired of wasting my time to take it in for servicd and nothing done while i take care of my daily job. Wish you guys at least try to fix it, further more i did a little research and rattles from dashboard and sunroof is common issue for GS and IS....

The worst part is i only had my CPO car for less than 3 month now i got another issue my driver side headlight projector flickers meaning it turned off random times but if i flicker the lever on/off the lights comes back up. So now im confused if this is a bulb issue need to be replace which i hope so, or its another one of those factory fault that been address before for this model?
Old 05-10-11, 02:48 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

I'm about to confront a huge issue. Lets see how they handle it.
Old 05-10-11, 03:04 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MiiK350
I'm about to confront a huge issue. Lets see how they handle it.
Keep us updated
Old 05-18-11, 10:43 PM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

I'm thinking about getting a brake job done. I got some expensive wheels. Do you think I should put the stock wheels back on or will Longo take good care of them for me?
Old 05-18-11, 11:35 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by nsxiboi
I'm thinking about getting a brake job done. I got some expensive wheels. Do you think I should put the stock wheels back on or will Longo take good care of them for me?
Should be fine as long as you say NO to the car wash.

Always decline the dealership car washes

But if i were you, honestly, i would just put on the stockies and be better safe than sorry lol

..and still decline the car wash
Old 06-09-11, 03:00 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Had another pain-free visit to Longo yesterday. Just an oil change this time, brought in my own synthetic oil at Jimmy's recommendation. Dropped the car off in the morning, they gave me a loaner so i could go to work and then came back and picked up my car in the evening right after work.

My only complaints are that they did wash my car, even tho there was a big fat red stamp saying "NO WASH" on my service bill. And i brought in 7 quarts of oil and didn't get any of the last quart back and there shuda been some left...but i can get past that. Woulda been nice so i wouldn't have had to buy it next time tho
Old 06-09-11, 03:47 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

My experience (a VERY complex one with Longo's service dept) was great. A bit bumpy bc of circumstance alone, but because of my Service advisor Jimmy, it was a great experience.
Old 06-09-11, 04:12 PM
GoCatGo11
Pole Position

I had a great experience with Longo Lexus....

Quick Reply: Longo Lexus service dept any good?