CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Scenery in O.C. or L.A. County

Old 01-25-11, 01:52 PM
shiny250
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scenery in O.C. or L.A. County

Hey guys, a couple of friends and I were interested in doing a photoshoot for our cars. So I was wondering if any of you know a great place for shooting pics. Anywhere that has good background scenery (like some hills or overlooking the city). Preferably the location should be the O.C. or Los Angeles area. I'm new to the whole photography thing so I'd really appreciate it if you shared some spots. Thanks!

btw I'm not sure if this should be posted here or in the photography section. So if its in the wrong section could the mods please move it? thanks again
Old 01-25-11, 03:28 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...There's "The Pike" in Long Beach (also the top of that one structure where Phil lives), The Griffith Park Observatory and maybe a few places down Katella Ave to scope out like The Honda Center and the Convention Center.
Old 01-25-11, 04:27 PM
wizDUMB
Driver

signal hill in lb is always nice during the day
Old 01-25-11, 04:36 PM
mrwoolery
Driver School Candidate

There are some pretty cool spots on Terminal Island, just exit right before the Vincent Thomas Bridge and drive around. There are a few places where the road is right on the water and you can have some nice water/ships/industrial views.
Old 01-25-11, 06:20 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

^^ long beach is a cool area to take pics i'm sure u can find spots by driving around.

Don't bother going to the pike in long beach, They kick you out. you have to pay for the "priviledge" to take pictures there.
Old 01-25-11, 10:53 PM
shiny250
Advanced

hm alright thanks guys. i was considering signal hill but dont they have a black fence that gets in the background if you park on skyline ave? or is there another place there thats better?

griffith park seems like a great place as well. only its usually packed due to the griffith observatory visitors and the park.

terminal island ive never heard of. ill be sure to look it up and drive around the area. thanks again everyone!
Old 01-25-11, 10:55 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive around Newport Beach to Dana Point on a Sunday. Or around the business offices throughout Irvine
Old 01-26-11, 12:46 AM
calin
Rookie

Originally Posted by mrwoolery
There are some pretty cool spots on Terminal Island, just exit right before the Vincent Thomas Bridge and drive around. There are a few places where the road is right on the water and you can have some nice water/ships/industrial views.
I agree. Here are a few pictures a friend and I took on Terminal Island

Old 01-26-11, 07:33 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by xuningshen
Don't bother going to the pike in long beach, They kick you out. you have to pay for the "priviledge" to take pictures there.
The Pike allows you to take pics if you go very late at night. The smaller the group, the better. Keep it low key.

If you go after midnight, they typically don't mind. But if you go during business hours, they're less welcoming.
Old 01-31-11, 11:33 AM
COOLIS
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Palos Verdes has some good area for pictures. You can get the Queens Necklace (PV to Malibu), and on a clear day all the way to Downtown LA. If you go onto the other side of the hill you can get the entire port of Long Beach all the way down until Newport. Along the way on PV Drive West, there is some great spots where you can get Catalina in the background. There are also some great spots off Mulholland Dr. with LA or the Valley as the background.
Old 04-08-11, 12:52 AM
peteypablo
Driver

Originally Posted by COOLIS
Palos Verdes has some good area for pictures. You can get the Queens Necklace (PV to Malibu), and on a clear day all the way to Downtown LA. If you go onto the other side of the hill you can get the entire port of Long Beach all the way down until Newport. Along the way on PV Drive West, there is some great spots where you can get Catalina in the background. There are also some great spots off Mulholland Dr. with LA or the Valley as the background.
Mulholland Dr is the spot i like!