CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

OC First Food Truck Car Meet Of The Year ... 01/25/2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-11, 01:13 AM
ivanz33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha it better be ricer-friendly
Old 01-25-11, 08:59 AM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

I'll be out there. Ashame about my car being so stock now. Haha
Old 01-25-11, 10:06 AM
s0fab0l0us
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc300jz
626 are we gonna have our own little within the caravan or just a mash of cars? for the rosemead location i google mapped it and its just a small street, is that enough to hold x amount of cars?
it should be big enough, help over 60+ cars there before for another caravan
Old 01-25-11, 10:38 AM
wizDUMB
Driver

Hahaha it should be ricer friendly as long as ricers slow their role and don't **** it up for everyone else

Stock or modified ... who cares, there is nothing to be ashamed about just come out for the good food and free goodies from elite autosports
Old 01-25-11, 11:48 AM
canond
Rookie

lower car friendly route

here is another route to dodge the metal plates. if your are going from bolsa towards magnolia. there is a street called PURDY ST. MAKE A RIGHT THEN A LEFT right away onto Summerwood st. go straight right into the meet.

Old 01-25-11, 12:10 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now assuming that Westminster PD has gotten wind of this by now, I guess we no longer have to worry about ricers acting the fool, This should now even be more fun, See you guys tonight.
Old 01-25-11, 01:46 PM
wizDUMB
Driver

as of now ... bolsa is free and clear of construction
see everyone there tonite
Old 01-25-11, 03:14 PM
poppyseed
Driver School Candidate

The conclusion one has to make is that catering trucks, and other vehicles, carts etc., are more likely to be operating with a severe or high risk health code violation (resulting in the suspension and closure) than a restaurant. This translates into a greater risk of food poisoning or food-borne illness. Since most people do not report their food borne illness (this seems to especially apply to those that patronize trucks and carts), it is difficult to get a percentage of food borne illnesses directly related or attributed to trucks and carts. But based on what we know are the main causes and sources of food poisoning or food borne illness, one has to conclude that the risk of contracting such an illness is much higher from eating prepared foods off a catering truck than a restaurant.

If you still dare to tempt fate, here are some basic requirements of a catering truck and things to look out for as a customer. If you see any of these I strongly recommend that you think again about ordering something from this truck or cart.

The business name or name of the operator, city, state, zip code must be legible, clearly visible to patrons, and permanently affixed to the customer side, and in most cases to both sides of the truck. If this basic information is missing, the vehicle is most likely operating illegally i.e., without a public health permit.

A valid public health permit must be posted in a conspicuous place for you to see. Look for an expiration date and that the business name on the permit matches the name on the side of the truck. There may also be other identifying information on the permit such as the license plate. The posting of a valid permit from the local Environmental Health program in a conspicuous place actually applies to all retail food facilities including restaurants and markets in California and probably many, if not most states. It is more important to look out for with a catering truck or street vendor because there is a much greater likelihood of these types of mobile businesses operating illegally, or without a permit, than a permanent restaurant or market.

No liquid wastes or water can be leaking or draining onto any street, sidewalk or premises.

All food condiments or any food offered for customer self-service must be protected from all types of contamination, such as people sneezing, coughing, as well as bugs, dust or any possible overhead contamination.

No food or drinks made or prepared at home or any other unapproved, unlicensed sources, can be sold to the public from any vehicle. (This also applies to all restaurants, catering trucks, and food markets.)

If the catering truck is conducting business for more than one hour in the same location, there must be an approved and readily available toilet and handwashing facility for the catering truck staff. It can not be a home or house, but a publicly accessible and/or department approved facility.

All food operators must also follow the same requirements regarding good health and hygiene, just as if they were working in a restaurant kitchen—see page 11 on food handlers.

The vehicle must, of course, be free of all vermin, including flies and live animals at all times.

All windows and doors must be in good repair and be provided with screens or flaps to prevent the entrance of flies. Pass through windows should be covered when not in use and self-closing screens are required on the exterior of pass though openings.

Have fun and enjoy the meet and the food fellas.... ;-)
Old 01-25-11, 03:23 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Hey wizDUMB, Are you "Johnny H" by any chance? LOL!
Old 01-25-11, 03:24 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

I figured that a meet this large with catering trucks would require the organizers of this meet to have a permit from the city to pull this off....I guess they do...See you guys there!
Old 01-25-11, 04:26 PM
wizDUMB
Driver

yeah i am johnny h. hahaha i think i know how you are on fb since you posted
Old 01-25-11, 04:43 PM
Hype VVTi
Driver School Candidate

see you tonight cl
Old 01-25-11, 05:24 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

see you all there, i'll be at the rosemead caravan
Old 01-25-11, 06:01 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent123
see you all there, i'll be at the rosemead caravan
You gonna pose for me?
Old 01-25-11, 06:16 PM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

do we need to be in the roll call in order to park in the CL section ?? if so get me in there haha

Quick Reply: OC First Food Truck Car Meet Of The Year ... 01/25/2011