CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Good $$$ Smog Station around Socal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 10:46 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good $$$ Smog Station around Socal?

Anyone know cheapest smog station around (Norwalk, Cerritos, Whittier, La Mirada, Downey) area?

I usually check the penny saver ad but the place I go to no longer have discount ads. I go there just about every year (I have 5 vehicles here that I somewhat take care off). They charge me $19.95 all the time plus certificate. This place is I believe an Arco Gas station along Studebaker/Florence right by the 5/605 freeway on ramp.

Now I've seen some more ads on penny saver from Econo Lube N' Tune & Brakes charging $9.98 plus cert and transaction. We all know there are always a catch which is why they put on their ad "most cars" so when you take your vehicle there, its like you don't have a choice but to get it done anyway.

Ok, do you guys know a place that has a fix price or whatever and does not bull***** around? My brother's '00 4Runner is not due till december anyway but we've already received the registration notice. Some time in Jan-Feb my mom's Van will be due. Oh wait, I think I got my mom's van smogged this year. Anyway, around May 2011 I think my 05 Titan will finally need one then August 2011 my SC4.

I'll call shops around and update you guys as well. I just thought this would be good since SoCal is big and everyone else might need the info if they happen to be in your neck of the woods.

Thanks!
Old 10-14-10, 12:58 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

If you have a stock emissions system...
I've been using this place for my last two and other family members go there as well. $56 though.

Wright Way Smog in Anaheim
http://www.wrightwaysmog.com/

Don't go to the 76 on Carmenita and Artesia. The guy added body work/scratch to the fender on ours and lost two of the blind holed black engine cover nuts. He replaced it with some rusted gouged nuts that he implied were exactly like was on the car. Luckily my parts guy gave me the proper nuts to replace the hack jobs he put on. Maddening.

My experience with some places in the past is that often I'm given an upsell for some part that is bad. Gas cap, a vacuum hose or they say the car needs some $$$ service. Total BS routine.

Back when I was driving the Celica, I took it to the smog place on Walker just south of Lincoln. Guy failed me I didn't know why. This wasn't one of those don't pass don't pay places so they got me $25 and the re-inspection would be another $25 plus certificate. I just drove down the street to another station that regularly repairs my car. The tech told me a vacuum hose had wiggled loose and he plugged it back in. Passed no problem. Then I realized/suspected the tech at the other place had pulled it. Later I found out that the shop had been under investigation for fraudulent repairs.
Old 10-14-10, 11:46 AM
defrag
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a place here in Glendora on the corner of Lone Hill and Route 66 that does it for $15.95 + cert. Not a bad deal at all.
Old 10-15-10, 07:48 AM
flyfl1pguy

Any smog place in O.C.?
Old 10-20-10, 07:59 PM
92soarer
Driver

i would goto Andy smog in Pomona cause he will take care of our cars. He is also Test Only so he got a Dyno Machine