CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

WTF at Lexus San Diego parts dept.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-10, 03:31 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down WTF at Lexus San Diego parts dept.

Today during lunch time I went to Lexus San Diego (former Kearny Mesa Lexus) to get the price and order some parts I need for a Carbon Fiber wrapping project on my IS-F.
After showing the parts I was looking for, on a car in the Showroom to John Camire (Retail Parts Supervisor), he went on and looked for the parts on his computer, after a few minutes he printed out a sheet and handled it to me: total damages more than $600! Ouch! I then proceed to double check the price of one of the parts online, using the part number and my phone; that one part was close to half price online. I then respectfully asked if they match online price, he said nope, I then asked if they have a discount for people that bought a car with them (I did), he say nope, no discount, this is the price and that's it. I then tell him that was too expensive, thanked him for his help and try to walk away.
He then got agitated and said I can't take the parts number sheet, that is their policy not to give part numbers to consumer!

WTF! This is very un-Lexus, I understand they do have overhead cost and need to make a profit, which I do not argue against. I just find it extremely petty they refused to share information.

Anyway I needed to vent.

Update on Page 2

Last edited by timeToy; 07-10-10 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-08-10, 04:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

write down the part numbers right in front of him, give him back his paper, and then leave

tell him he can forget about their bs policy on part numbers. if lexus has all the part numbers all over the boxes for the parts, those are public information
Old 07-08-10, 04:21 PM
Initial_K
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timeToy
Today during lunch time I went to Lexus San Diego (former Kearny Mesa Lexus) to get the price and order some parts I need for a Carbon Fiber wrapping project on my IS-F.
After showing the parts I was looking for, on a car in the Showroom to John Camire (Retail Parts Supervisor), he went on and looked for the parts on his computer, after a few minutes he printed out a sheet and handled it to me: total damages more than $600! Ouch! I then proceed to double check the price of one of the parts online, using the part number and my phone; that one part was close to half price online. I then respectfully asked if they match online price, he said nope, I then asked if they have a discount for people that bought a car with them (I did), he say nope, no discount, this is the price and that's it. I then tell him that was too expensive, thanked him for his help and try to walk away.
He then got agitated and said I can't take the parts number sheet, that is their policy not to give part numbers to consumer!

WTF! This is very un-Lexus, I understand they do have overhead cost and need to make a profit, which I do not argue against. I just find it extremely petty they refused to share information.

Anyway I needed to vent.
Isn't this pretty much all dealership? if you buy from them, they treat you like you're they're best buddies. When you tell them you'll shop elsewhere, they treat you like **** to ruin your day.

You should post your experience on yelp as once a dealership get too much negative reviews, they'll provide better customer service, maybe.
Old 07-08-10, 04:30 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was that cute filipina chick working? sorry to get off topic
Old 07-08-10, 04:57 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

That's BS. The last time I was there, the parts guy wrote down the part# I needed, and I took the paper with me. I've also done this at Lexus Escondido. I would have taken a pic of the paper before giving it back. I usually get OEM parts from discounttoyotaparts.com if the shipped price is significantly less than the dealership price.
Old 07-08-10, 05:57 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

The parts guy writes them down for me as well. Tell this guy to stuff it, you'll be spending your $$ elsewhere. I've been pleased with Carson Toyota. Which reminds me I need to call them for some Celica parts.
Old 07-08-10, 06:07 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by anotherLS
was that cute filipina chick working? sorry to get off topic
i know which cute filipina chick your talking about. i wonder if she still remembers me!!!
Old 07-08-10, 07:05 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

bring a camera....take a pic of the part numbers.
Old 07-08-10, 08:28 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
bring a camera....take a pic of the part numbers.
and the girl in question

Old 07-08-10, 08:51 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
and the girl in question

Forget the parts, just the pics of the girl.
Old 07-08-10, 10:24 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

I think you guys in the area should give John Camire a visit to get some help with parts and leav him hangging afterward. We can do a daily/weekly chart of his attitude change tours customer. I am looking forward to a quarterly report

Lets see how long does it take for him to catch on
Old 07-08-10, 11:18 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

haha he doesnt mainly work in the front
usually john a different one and someone else works the front.
but john camire is the supervisor of the parts department so you will rarely see him unless you request him lol
Old 07-08-10, 11:54 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

every lexus dealership i have expierenced has given me the paper, the numbers, price matched, or all of the above. and that includes the one barely anyone goes to from CL in my area. the drive way sucks ***.
Old 07-09-10, 08:25 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the girl you guys are talking about work at the parts counter or is she a service advisor ? As for the douche maybe ask to speak to his manager. Ive asked about certain parts and they never asked for the print out back.
Old 07-09-10, 09:51 AM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

the girl is a cashier!!!!!

Quick Reply: WTF at Lexus San Diego parts dept.