CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

WTF at Lexus San Diego parts dept.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 11:44 AM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^yah that one!
Old 07-09-10, 01:43 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Update:

I send an email yesterday to the Part Director and the General Manager, today I received this from the Part Manager

"Hi Mr. XXXX,

First I would like to offer my apologies for your experience here today in our parts department. We try very hard to always meet and exceed our guest’s expectations and we are very grateful for the business opportunities you have provided us in the past. I truly hope we can resolve today’s experience and re-earn your continued business with us. After receiving your email, I sat down with John and we talked about your experience. In the past we have refrained from supplying part numbers over the phone to some guests, because they had told us they wanted to see if Toyota had the parts and needed the part numbers. I am afraid that John took this to the extreme today by not supplying you with the part numbers as you had requested. I also reminded John that he should have checked with me on any type of discount we could have offered you, as a loyal, multiple Lexus owner. That being said, I have attached for your review a complete list of the part numbers discussed today, as well as offering you the parts at our best wholesale pricing. I hope regardless of your decision on the parts; that we can continue to have the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations, as a valued Lexus guest.

Best regards,

Ed Bayard
Parts Director
LEXUS SAN DIEGO"

The new quote was half of the original one and within few percent of the best online prices I could find, so thumb up to Ed, he managed to keep my business.
Old 07-09-10, 03:01 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well glad you at least got a response back from them.. now the question will you be buying it from them ?
Old 07-09-10, 03:16 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr05
well glad you at least got a response back from them.. now the question will you be buying it from them ?
Yes I bought from them, they were within few bucks of the online price and that will save me some hassle.
Old 07-09-10, 03:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

definitely big thumb up to ed, he did the right thing and i applaud for his action / communications! even if now the price is a few percentages higher than what you can get elsewhere, i think it's still worth going back to them
Old 07-09-10, 07:15 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good ending ! Glad to here everything panned out and management did the right thing.
Old 07-10-10, 02:05 AM
TofuMaster
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...dude the last time i went he game me the part number print outs and diagrams for my exhaust system. all i have to complain about are the higher prices and them telling me to walk over the the toyota parts dealer to get oil filters
Old 07-12-10, 08:33 AM
shhhua
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad that you got it resolved

Originally Posted by TofuMaster
...dude the last time i went he game me the part number print outs and diagrams for my exhaust system. all i have to complain about are the higher prices and them telling me to walk over the the toyota parts dealer to get oil filters
Lol, must have ran out of filters or something because that has never happened to me. Still, they could have sent someone for you