CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Memorial weekend drivers and weird peeps

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-10, 10:16 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts
Thumbs down Memorial weekend drivers and weird peeps

I realize like other long weekends, it is family time to hit the roads and venture out for fun times. Today was crazy as in weird drivers.

Buena Park on Lincolin Ave...cops must have nailed someone. It's not like nobody has not seen a driver getting a ticket. Well, one driver goes incredibly slow and watches. On one street, speed limit is posted at 45 MPH. Because there is a cop driving in traffic doing 35, the car next to him won't pass. Sat behind this timid driver for about 2 miles of course having to stop at each damn light because they were so slow-afraid of the cop car.

Finally making it to the 91 to 5 south, humming along in the car pool lane on 5 south passing the 57 connector. What do we come upon first...a minivan driver doing 50MPH. No way to pass so all I and the many behind me can do is plod along. The merging is pretty slow but it does open up afterwards but this driver remains at 50 MPH.

Finally make the 55 and get around the minivan. What next, a Chrysler driver who's doing the car slalom around slower traffic. Instead of going into the "fast lane" which is moving a bit faster he remains in the slow lane making a hazard of himself. Then there are some noob drivers out in mom-dads BMW 750. Windows down, checking out all cars that pass by and if it has females...the hormone crazed kids yell out the window.

I finally get to my destination for lunch when some Indian (India) ladies sit next to us...made my ears hurt to hear them and that lady doesn't speak softly but all those within 15 feet are looking at her flap her mouth away. The lady was incredibly rude to the servers too. He filled her glass but because he had touched the lower portion of the glass, she ordered him to get fresh glasses of water. (He still has to hold it. ) He also had checked their bread basket and asked if they wanted more bread. Because he had touched the cloth covering the bread, she told him, no you touched it, get us a fresh one.

After enduring 2 hours in Memorial weekend crowds, I was glad to be home. Are people so uptight they lose all consideration for those around them? Brains must become absent on holidays...

That aside, I did see a nice slammed and kitted M Infinity with a VIP sticker at South Coast Plaza.

I hate these "holidays".
Old 05-30-10, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

these weekend drivers are complete pain to deal with.... it's such a huge difference between weekend/holiday driving compared to my daily commute. see, even if i am stuck in traffic every day, it's so much better than weekend coz' those stupid drivers just manage to do everything possible to frustrate you
Old 05-30-10, 01:15 AM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why I'm staying local this weekend. Thank god for the fire pit in my backyard
Old 05-30-10, 07:02 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the right most lane on the 605 yesterday while another lane merged into it; Mind you the merging zone is about 1/2 mile behind me and its one lane where my car is currently on the road stuck in traffic, I notice someone who's using the shoulder to go though and the excess width of the lane, so I keep right the guy is forced to completely drive on the shoulder; and gives me a WTF look as he was forced to drive completely onto the shoulder..... Where's the PD when you need them
Old 05-30-10, 11:12 PM
Plit
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally get to my destination for lunch when some Indian (India) ladies sit next to us...made my ears hurt to hear them and that lady doesn't speak softly but all those within 15 feet are looking at her flap her mouth away.
I guarantee this lady got a little something extra in her food and drink
Old 05-31-10, 11:04 AM
shhhua
Lead Lap

in SD, there are tons of ****ty drivers and just a lot of traffic all day with people who dont know where they are going. all the arizona and nevada people come and fill up all the parking lots at the beach. have to walk all far with my body board and fins :[
Old 05-31-10, 02:01 PM
madchyers
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

95% of guests that come to my restaurant lack brains as well as common sense. Running into roadblocks like "what kind of wine do you guys serve?" When the wine list is literally, right in front of them. Or "so what comes with the 3 course meal" when the 3 course menu is clearly divided into 3 sections, labelled "choose a starter, choose an entreé, choose a dessert" I run into these incompetent morons almost everyday of my life. I have work tonight at 5:30, and I'm pretty sure that 95% I previously mentioned will go up about 5% tonight, considering the holiday spirit.
Old 05-31-10, 11:36 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

I agree, holiday drivers are terrible. That's why I stay home or try to stay local on memorial day.
Old 06-01-10, 12:18 AM
Stubbornn
Rookie

Thumbs down

courtesy of not only a stupid driver, but an unlicensed, uninsured, illegal immigrant driver, this morning. Im a vet, what a memorial day for my service huh.
Old 06-01-10, 10:58 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Crazy weekend indeed.... I heard about that 18 wheeler with loaded fuel tank blew up on 91fwy, then a motorcylist crashed 55fwy then bunch of plastic chairs and sofas all over 5 south fwy (this one I witnessed myself and doing some slalom testing with my sister's tahoe) hehehhe... YUP... crazy !!

I stayed in town !!

Last edited by Jay; 06-01-10 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-01-10, 01:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay
Crazy weekend indeed.... I heard about that 18 wheeler with loaded fuel tank blew up on 91fwy, then a motorcylist crashed 55fwy then bunch of plastic chairs and sofas all over 5 south fwy (this one I witnessed myself and doing some slalom testing with my sister's tahoe) hehehhe... YUP... crazy !!

I stayed in town !!
the motorcyclist, probably you are talking about friday morning around 9am, on 55s right before 5 merge. i think it's fatal accident? i passed by there and saw a big yellow tarp over "something" and i could only guess...

the tanker, yup, 91 around 10:30, big explosion and burned for 4 hours. even when i left work around 6:30, i hit traffic on 55 coz' the 91 interchange was shut down
Old 06-01-10, 02:29 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Big holiday weekends are scary... Car sat in garage, no new bodywork and we're still alive. The older I become, the more thankful I am at the end of a day to be home and sleeping in our own bed.
Old 06-01-10, 02:53 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RA40
Big holiday weekends are scary... Car sat in garage, no new bodywork and we're still alive. The older I become, the more thankful I am at the end of a day to be home and sleeping in our own bed.
OMG Mike, you're only 20 something... Don't act all like grand pa and sh@#!! hahahaha....jk.

JAY
Old 06-01-10, 04:40 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

Buena Park around lincoln was full of cops. speed traps and prowling cops everywhere.

it might've been me driving slow (faded blue 1GS)