CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

**Nick Reed Fight For Cancer Charity Meet***

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-10, 11:53 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Nick Reed Fight For Cancer Charity Meet***

First off, for those of you who know me my name is Nick, but no my last name is not Reed. this meet is not for me. I just had to make that clear.

A friend of mine gave me this link to E90post and gave details to this meet. It says to post it in all socal forums possible so i thought i'd post it here. heres the link to e90post. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345261
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, Nick Reed, a fellow enthusiast and friend was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia pre-B and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome. He began his road to recovery in the ICU of St. Joseph’s Hospital in Orange, CA and has recently been transported to UCI Medical Center. To combat the A.R.D.S, they have kept Nick heavily sedated and on a ventilator. He has also been undergoing a heavy regimen of chemotherapy for the Leukemia, and is slowly moving down the road to improvement. Nick’s family has setup a blog to keep his friends and family members up-to-date on his treatment and overall condition: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/nicholasreed/journal and http://nicksninjas.com/joomla.

WHEN: Feb 6th, 2010 11:0am -4:00pm

WHERE: Race Technologies LLC 1590 Sunland Ln. Costa Mesa, CA 92626

WHAT to expect: Music by local Dj's, some of the best exotics and street cars, raffle giveaways, and you can take a tour through the Race Technologies facility and find out how Brembo brakes are made and assembled.

WHO is hosting: Forgestar Wheels, GIAC tuning, Brembo (Race Technologies), K&N, AE Performance, Surfside Detail, Oakley, and many more.

WHY: Because a fellow enthusiast needs our help in a very trying time. We will be taking donations and all proceeds go to Nick Reed and his family. Please try to come out and enjoy the California weather rain or shine. There will be tons of cars and a good time. Please drive safe and post this in every So Cal forum possible if not already posted. Thank you and we hope to see everyone there.
Old 01-29-10, 02:29 PM
scalum1994
Pit Crew

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

Being a two time cancer survivor and having lost my dad to this horrific disease, I totally support this and will make an effort to attend.

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery go out to Nick and his family.