CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Tornado Watch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-10, 06:30 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate this crap.. First the economy now this crap.. Comon Cali! Haha... I have to deliver n drive far everyday in this crap.. I feel my car is gonna eat it very soon.. Gonna watch the intercooler eat up all the water n go boom..
Old 01-19-10, 09:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Yeah, my GF text me and said there was a Tornado Watch. I thought she was joking. Turns out it was true! She recorded some footage from her office window (Newport Beach). I was reading the news, it was said Newport had gusts of up to 72mph.
it's definitely no joke, i work in newport beach too. i was on third floor and when it was the worst, very low visibility outside and our building actually shook a bit. i thought it's just me but everyone came out of their offices
Old 01-19-10, 09:47 PM
bigguppy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it's definitely no joke, i work in newport beach too. i was on third floor and when it was the worst, very low visibility outside and our building actually shook a bit. i thought it's just me but everyone came out of their offices
Glade I did'nt work today. Coworker at Long Beach Memorial said they were flooding in some part. Pretty bad. Get ready for tomrrow everyone
Old 01-19-10, 10:14 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

I really couldn't believe this when i first heard about it. Pretty shocked, and still am..just hope everything gets better..sheeesh
Old 01-20-10, 12:05 AM
djduckii
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car almost went swimming on trask and newland today. the flood actually went over my hood trying to turn onto newland from trask. fml
Old 01-20-10, 12:11 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Tornados FTW! (Well not really) Anyways as a native Southern Californian I think that was pretty epic considering that was the 1st time in my life I've seen a "Water Spout" (A common occurance in California's coast) come onto land and become a full fledged Tornado...I can tolerate year round fires,floods,riots (aka Laker fans),earthquakes and ghetto neighborhoods but this is the first time I've ever dealt with a Tornado...The really messed up part, is that houses in California aren't prepped for this.
Old 01-20-10, 12:15 AM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ what he said about other disasters
all my 19 years of living in southern cali never have i thought to hear TORNADO warnings, well i guess it is time to consider to build the new houses ready to withstand that, but crap arnt houses already to much ahaha
Old 01-20-10, 09:40 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Default Tornado and beef recall!!

wth 2012 is getting closer ppl.. are these signs lolz
Old 01-20-10, 10:07 AM
swifty562
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah dude.... WTF! and i hear there was an after shock of 6.1 at hati... o.O
Old 01-20-10, 01:47 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Tornados FTW! (Well not really) Anyways as a native Southern Californian I think that was pretty epic considering that was the 1st time in my life I've seen a "Water Spout" (A common occurance in California's coast) come onto land and become a full fledged Tornado...I can tolerate year round fires,floods,riots (aka Laker fans),earthquakes and ghetto neighborhoods but this is the first time I've ever dealt with a Tornado...The really messed up part, is that houses in California aren't prepped for this.
Originally Posted by DixonPai
^^ what he said about other disasters
all my 19 years of living in southern cali never have i thought to hear TORNADO warnings, well i guess it is time to consider to build the new houses ready to withstand that, but crap arnt houses already to much ahaha
so i'm guessing you guys didn't hear about the tornado warnings in the riverside area a few years back?
Old 01-20-10, 01:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by blisiono
so i'm guessing you guys didn't hear about the tornado warnings in the riverside area a few years back?
i think it was last yr or the year before? and they actually touched down right?
Old 01-20-10, 01:56 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
i think it was last yr or the year before? and they actually touched down right?
i believe they did. i remember my friends at UCR telling me how it was almost completely dark when that was going on.
Old 01-20-10, 02:22 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blisiono
i was in class when most students got a text alert from UCI. they convinced the professor to let us out early lol
That's funny, because the last place you want to be when a tornado hits is outside.
Originally Posted by CrazySC300
There's no such thing as a "tornado prepped" building. If a twister hits your house (or any building), it won't be there in a few seconds. Tornados destroy everything in their path without prejudice to building code. Having lived with hurricanes and tornados every year for 20+ years, I can tell you that they're nothing to joke about or play with.

Javier
Old 01-20-10, 02:28 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 799 Likes on 558 Posts

I thought the tornado warning was pretty cool . I work in HB on the 8th floor of our building and a group of us were by the window watching the clouds swirl together and hoping that the vortex wouldn't get any stronger.

First thought that popped in my head was "If a tree fell on my car, what would I replace it with?"
Old 01-20-10, 03:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Allen K
I thought the tornado warning was pretty cool . I work in HB on the 8th floor of our building and a group of us were by the window watching the clouds swirl together and hoping that the vortex wouldn't get any stronger.

First thought that popped in my head was "If a tree fell on my car, what would I replace it with?"
haha you know that's act of god right?

Quick Reply: Tornado Watch!