CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Old 04-08-18, 06:30 PM
tnilc
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Window Star Tint in Santa Fe Springs, owner is a great honest guy, there was some damage done to my window trim, thought it was him and he offered to take care of it...then I looked back at a pic before I went and realized the trim had already been damaged, don't know how it happened and told him I wouldn't hold him responsible because I'm not sure he did it. I had only driven the car 3 days out of the week since I got it, still have no clue how it happened.

Tint job was flawless btw, but because he offered to make it right, I'll stick with him for all my cars. He earned my business.
Old 08-22-18, 03:27 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone have photos of their dot matrix on the back rear windows? Coming from the Bay Area, we had Rocky Mountain tint so he always did a great job.. Anyone have similar results from tint places here in OC? Specifically looking for Pinnacle formula 1, or may make the jump to 3M Crystalline. Any recommendations would be great...
Old 09-06-18, 08:21 PM
19LexusDad
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ability to Tint 2019 Models?

Hello, I’m new to the Club Lexus Forum and this is my first Lexus purchased...yes, I’m very happy with and and proud to be a Lexus owner! Apologize if I’m not properly posting this.

I recently bought the 2019 ES 350 F Sport in the Ultra White color. I was trying to get the car tinted with the Llumar CTX ceramic film in the medium tint at A Terrific Tint in Mission Viejo. I have to give Kudos to Tanzi and the tinters - they had the professional sense to thoroughly check the car before proceeding forward with job. They found out that my car had a UV coating on the inside glass, which would’ve gotten scratched up during the cleaning/prep process before tinting. Unfortunately, they turned down the job before they even began - luckily there was no damage or scratches to the inside of my windows. Has anybody else had this experience, and is there a solution? If this is common with the new 2019 models, I can see a steady decline in tint installations unless it’s resolved.
Thanks,
19LexusDad

Last edited by 19LexusDad; 09-07-18 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-07-18, 07:35 PM
lady2is
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

I am a fan of G5 Tint which is located in Alhambra, CA. They've done 3 of my cars and all came out amazing. I brought 4 of my friends in for a tint and they all came out satisfied. Nice sitting room, free refreshments, free wifi and free netflix which is good for those who decides to wait 2 hours for their tint.
The following users liked this post:
Trexus (09-10-18)
Old 09-12-18, 05:37 PM
samhockey
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 es350

Originally Posted by 19LexusDad
Hello, I’m new to the Club Lexus Forum and this is my first Lexus purchased...yes, I’m very happy with and and proud to be a Lexus owner! Apologize if I’m not properly posting this.

I recently bought the 2019 ES 350 F Sport in the Ultra White color. I was trying to get the car tinted with the Llumar CTX ceramic film in the medium tint at A Terrific Tint in Mission Viejo. I have to give Kudos to Tanzi and the tinters - they had the professional sense to thoroughly check the car before proceeding forward with job. They found out that my car had a UV coating on the inside glass, which would’ve gotten scratched up during the cleaning/prep process before tinting. Unfortunately, they turned down the job before they even began - luckily there was no damage or scratches to the inside of my windows. Has anybody else had this experience, and is there a solution? If this is common with the new 2019 models, I can see a steady decline in tint installations unless it’s resolved.
Thanks,
19LexusDad
Does the 2018 ES350 have the same UV coating? I checked my windows and it says UV in the rear left and rear right windows only. The back windows says 70% transmission.
No UV sign on the back window or the front windows.
Thanks
Old 09-13-18, 05:46 AM
19LexusDad
Rookie

Just following up, does anybody know or have similar experiences?
Old 09-14-18, 08:11 PM
samhockey
Driver School Candidate

Default 2018 ES350 Factory Tint

Just following up, does anybody know or have similar experiences?
Here is what I got for my 2018 ES 350. I think I will leave the windows without tinting to avoid destroying the original tint. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The front driver and passenger windows are UV cut glass. This information is directly from Toyota/Lexus Corp. Hope this helps.
GLASS LOCATION
COLOR
GLASS TYPE
VISIBLE LIGHT TRANSMISSION RATE
(1)
Windshield
Green
Laminated (Acoustic)
Min. 70%
(2)
Front Door
Green
Laminated (Acoustic, UV Cut)
Min. 70%
Tempered (UV Cut)
Min. 70%
(3)
Rear Door
Green
Tempered (UV Cut)
Min. 70%
(4)
Rear Door Quarter
Green
Tempered (UV Cut)
Min. 70%
(5)
Back Window
Green
Tempered (UV Cut)
Min. 70%
(6)
Sliding Roof
Dark Gray
Tempered
Equivalent to 20%
(7)
Glass Roof
Dark Gray
Tempered
Equivalent to 20%

19LexusDad (09-14-18)
Old 09-14-18, 08:34 PM
19LexusDad
Rookie

Thank you for your help! After learning more about acoustic and hydrophobic coating especially on the newer models, I have also decided to leave my windows “as is” and not tint. High marks go to “A Terrific Tint” in Mission Viejo who had the integrity to let me know about it, and the risk in damaging the window and pass on the job. I had no idea of this type of technology until now.

Last edited by 19LexusDad; 09-14-18 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-15-18, 12:30 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you for your help! After learning more about acoustic and hydrophobic coating especially on the newer models, I have also decided to leave my windows “as is” and not tint. High marks go to “A Terrific Tint” in Mission Viejo who had the integrity to let me know about it, and the risk in damaging the window and pass on the job. I had no idea of this type of technology until now.
I'm not sure why they couldnt tint your vehicle or how they would even damage it as i dont believe theres any coating.. lol Many owners have had tint on the factory 70% UV protection and never had issues.
Old 09-15-18, 01:12 PM
19LexusDad
Rookie

I agree with you, but better safe than sorry for now. I’m not going to question experence. If a tinter who does tint a lot of Lexus for the local dealership passes on the job with a new 2019 model, I’m perfectly fine waiting to see how it goes instead of risking damaging my car.. Apparently the acoustics and hydrophobic coating process appear to be integrated within the new windows.
Old 09-30-18, 07:55 PM
19LexusDad
Rookie

Default Something different with 2019 Windows to Not Tint?

As much as I want to get this done, I am still holding off on getting my 2019 ES 350 F Sport tinted, until there’s more explanation and clarification on the windows, and whether they are safe to be tinted and not get scratched during the cleaning process.

For those owners of the new 2019 models, please see this video regarding a recent tinting experience with the new 2019 NX 300 models and let me know your thoughts. Not sure if this experience will affect our models as well. Thanks
Old 10-06-18, 08:43 PM
samhockey
Driver School Candidate

I Just saw this video in youtube,

2019 Lexus ES350 Tinted with FormulaOne Stratos

19LexusDad (10-07-18)
Old 10-12-18, 01:52 PM
samhockey
Driver School Candidate

Default 70% factory tint + aftermarket tint

Does the factory tint provide enough protection from the UV? The label in the window says UV.

Last edited by samhockey; 10-12-18 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-08-19, 07:31 PM
psychowu
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Recommending G5 in Pasadena. Great service.

Old 12-11-19, 09:16 PM
2jzdc
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I do not recommend G5 in Alhambra, I suggest Tint Zone in Rowland, great work and customer service. Regret taking my car to G5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread