CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Old 01-30-10, 03:32 PM
TheBean
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to California Tint yesterday. Peter took good care of me and gave me the Club Lexus discount. $130.....
Old 02-10-10, 02:31 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to STM in Los Angeles off of Washington and Arlington (right off the 10 fwy) because they got good reviews on here. NEVER AGAIN. Let me start by saying that I never badmouth a business unless I've given them several opportunities to fix whatever I was unhappy with...and this place fails miserably.

I went there to get tint on my GS based on the positive things others said about them. Got there and everything was fine, nice shop, easy to find, not crowded, decent waiting area. I ended up getting the $200 tint job, with the tint that supposedly "reflects more heat but lets in more light." I did not get a basic tint job but rather their middle offerring.

After the job is done I notice tiny specks of white particles sandwiched between the tint and the window glass. I bring it to the guy's attn and he says, "oh that will fade away when it dries, don't worry, it'll turn out great." I take his word for it (mistake) and go on about my life. A few days later the white particles are still there, and I'm not happy. I call them up, explain the issue, and then drive back over there on a Saturday. I show the guy the issue and he says, "oh, that's dirt...your windows must have been dirty when we tinted them...there's no way to fix that unless we re-tint those windows" And I'm standing there like "okay then, get to re-tinting those windows." So he tells the installer about my issue and the installer takes a plastic card type tool and begins trying to squeegee the particles out! This is making me more and more annoyed because all they had to do was re-tint 2 frickin windows and I would have been satisfied, but instead they tried to do everything BUT re-tinting my windows...and not all of them needed to be re-done mind you, only the 2 front windows! He finally admitted he couldn't get them out of one window so he re-tinted that one but didn't re-tint the other because he said the particles of "WHITE dirt" weren't that noticeable. I just left before I got even more upset.

It bugs me that when you first enter a place to spend money they're all nice and smiley, but when you return with an issue the mood is completely the opposite. Needless to say I will never bring another car to STM nor will I ever refer anyone there. I gave them 2 chances to just fix the issue and they did everything they could not to.

Good way to keep customers Song's Tint Masters

Last edited by mikeloc24; 02-10-10 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-10-10, 03:16 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBean
I went to California Tint yesterday. Peter took good care of me and gave me the Club Lexus discount. $130.....
Dang really? when i went for my 240 i got a full tint for 100$ thats WITH removing my old tint also!
Old 02-25-10, 05:27 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Dang really? when i went for my 240 i got a full tint for 100$ thats WITH removing my old tint also!
Dang! I got a quote from Mr. Tint for $240. Where is california tint?
Old 03-17-10, 08:10 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Default ..

read thru lot of pages but don't have time to go thru all 55... so can someone please let me know a good reliable tint shop around OC / inland empire / newport ... i am interested in the VIP style green tint....

so one choice is VIP tint in Murrieta...

thanks a bunch...

Last edited by drpatel77; 03-17-10 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-17-10, 10:09 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
I went to STM in Los Angeles off of Washington and Arlington (right off the 10 fwy) because they got good reviews on here. NEVER AGAIN. Let me start by saying that I never badmouth a business unless I've given them several opportunities to fix whatever I was unhappy with...and this place fails miserably.

I went there to get tint on my GS based on the positive things others said about them. Got there and everything was fine, nice shop, easy to find, not crowded, decent waiting area. I ended up getting the $200 tint job, with the tint that supposedly "reflects more heat but lets in more light." I did not get a basic tint job but rather their middle offerring.

After the job is done I notice tiny specks of white particles sandwiched between the tint and the window glass. I bring it to the guy's attn and he says, "oh that will fade away when it dries, don't worry, it'll turn out great." I take his word for it (mistake) and go on about my life. A few days later the white particles are still there, and I'm not happy. I call them up, explain the issue, and then drive back over there on a Saturday. I show the guy the issue and he says, "oh, that's dirt...your windows must have been dirty when we tinted them...there's no way to fix that unless we re-tint those windows" And I'm standing there like "okay then, get to re-tinting those windows." So he tells the installer about my issue and the installer takes a plastic card type tool and begins trying to squeegee the particles out! This is making me more and more annoyed because all they had to do was re-tint 2 frickin windows and I would have been satisfied, but instead they tried to do everything BUT re-tinting my windows...and not all of them needed to be re-done mind you, only the 2 front windows! He finally admitted he couldn't get them out of one window so he re-tinted that one but didn't re-tint the other because he said the particles of "WHITE dirt" weren't that noticeable. I just left before I got even more upset.

It bugs me that when you first enter a place to spend money they're all nice and smiley, but when you return with an issue the mood is completely the opposite. Needless to say I will never bring another car to STM nor will I ever refer anyone there. I gave them 2 chances to just fix the issue and they did everything they could not to.

Good way to keep customers Song's Tint Masters
Just feel free to give Hann a call I've never had anything but + experiences with him nor the other Tint shop I go to.
Old 03-17-10, 10:26 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Dang! I got a quote from Mr. Tint for $240. Where is california tint?
California Tint Alarms Auto Accessories
4325 Rosemead Boulevard
Rosemead, CA 91770-1472
(626) 287-2321

They did my 09 ISF right after I got it in Dec 2008.

Old 03-17-10, 10:36 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by flipside909
California Tint Alarms Auto Accessories
4325 Rosemead Boulevard
Rosemead, CA 91770-1472
(626) 287-2321
+1 for Peter too, I've known that guy for like 5 years now haha, a lot of my family and extended relatives have been tinted through him and oddly enough my co-worker who I work with started CA tint out with him hahah

Either place you go to Hann for Ntech or Huper, or Peter for the Johnsons you can't go wrong

Last edited by lexusscturbo; 03-17-10 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Brands carried
Old 03-18-10, 05:59 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by drpatel77
read thru lot of pages but don't have time to go thru all 55... so can someone please let me know a good reliable tint shop around OC / inland empire / newport ... i am interested in the VIP style green tint....

so one choice is VIP tint in Murrieta...

thanks a bunch...
The very first post in this thread has an "index" of shops mentioned here broken down by geographical area. There's also a link to each shop's review. You can also use the "search this thread" button to search within this thread for a particular shop or area rather than depend on members to repeat what's already been posted. Good luck.

Javier
Old 03-18-10, 11:41 PM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

hey guys u no at California tint how they take off the door panels do they do a good job of putting it back on?
Old 03-18-10, 11:43 PM
zet
Driver

Went to California tint a few days ago to get my S2000 tinted. 15% front 5% rear. Great job like always . Difficult driveway like always
Old 03-19-10, 06:26 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LilMan23
hey guys u no at California tint how they take off the door panels do they do a good job of putting it back on?
They only take it off for certain cars, for our E60 they did, (well the top part) of the door panel... But for my GS and the parentals 2IS they never did
Old 03-19-10, 07:41 AM
LilMan23
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
They only take it off for certain cars, for our E60 they did, (well the top part) of the door panel... But for my GS and the parentals 2IS they never did
i called and ask and they say they have to kuz of the 2IS speakers on the door panels or whatever -.- lets just hope they put it back on correctly on the clips going there tomorrow!
Old 03-22-10, 10:50 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

How much does California Tint charge to take tint off? I got my car tinted there, but it's time to take them off since I'm getting a new car.
Old 03-24-10, 10:55 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
How much does California Tint charge to take tint off? I got my car tinted there, but it's time to take them off since I'm getting a new car.
I called them yesterday $50 to remove the rear and $50 to remove all 4 windows i believe. I suggest you remove the 4 windows yourself since its easier, if your short on cash. But id give them a call again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread