CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 12:34 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

35% up front in ca is legal? i thought 70% was the legal limit?
Old 09-20-06, 09:58 PM
vandit23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Song's Tint

Hey guys, just got my new ride...I rememmber seeing Song's Tint shop's number on one of these threads, but can't find it anymore...Can someone post the number again? Also, will I need an appointment, or can I just walk in? Lastly, what are their hours on Saturday (if anyone knows).
\
Appreciate it....
Old 09-21-06, 09:32 AM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
I really want to get tints like DAVE's. I wonder how much it would cost?
BITER!!!

Originally Posted by genearch
IMHO... there is no way to get the tint to lay down properly on the doors (tweeter area) in the 2IS without unsnapping the door panels. There is ZERO room between the tweeter and the glass.

Hann is a perfectionist.. IMHO, he is pretty much the best in Southern Ca.
+1... Hands down....

Originally Posted by UAL
Yes, I also had Hann over at Song's perform the work on my cars. I was also told that he along with Sam at Premier are window tint trainers for Madico. Great guys!
Hann actually trained Sam back in the day, and yes, they are both consultants for Madico and Huper... Both guys do EXCELLENT work... THe only thing is, Hann usually uses Huper at his shop due to contracts and only does Madico through his off site dealers. (he still does the work himself). The cool thing with Sam is his clearbra installations. OMG! The best that I've see to date! Too bad both their prices reflect on it...

Last edited by Eternity3G; 09-21-06 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-22-06, 03:59 PM
thanhvu
Pole Position

where i live....all of us get it from this mexican dude in a carwash...he's usually there waving a tint and if we agree...he takes us to the back of the nearby subway...he charges $80 but i say i only got $60 and he does it....i do not know the material he uses but we have got like 10 cars done from him and all are doing great...the longest is about a year and a half....no bubbles or fade...
Old 09-22-06, 04:39 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vandit23
Hey guys, just got my new ride...I rememmber seeing Song's Tint shop's number on one of these threads, but can't find it anymore...Can someone post the number again? Also, will I need an appointment, or can I just walk in? Lastly, what are their hours on Saturday (if anyone knows).
\
Appreciate it....
Song's Tint Masters
2464 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018

323-732-9100
Cell: 213-216-8087

I believe you'll need an appointment. Give them a call to find out their hours and if you need to make an appointment or not.
Old 09-22-06, 06:27 PM
vandit23
Driver

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
Song's Tint Masters
2464 W. Washington Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018

323-732-9100
Cell: 213-216-8087

I believe you'll need an appointment. Give them a call to find out their hours and if you need to make an appointment or not.
Thanks for the info...
Old 09-30-06, 01:02 AM
Hekto
Driver School Candidate

Default Tinting windows

Anyone know a good place around Southern California, Los Angeles specifically, where I can get some good quality tints plus installation. Thanks
Old 09-30-06, 02:15 PM
AudiMan
Driver

yes i do, in the SF valley where i got my GS 350 done. 20% all around, looks nice
Old 10-30-06, 04:53 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

I assume $480+ at Song's is for top of the line ceramic tints of 5 windows (4-sides and 1 rear)? I wanna tint my ES350 but dont wanna spend so much. I think i'll go with 40% as well....though I wish I could choose 35% which I believe is legal here in california. Is the type of tint the only factor in pricing? He doesnt care the size of car window or how tough it is to disassemble door panel? Does it make a difference if Hann does it or his crew?
Old 10-31-06, 03:45 PM
JonCAGS300
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default San Diego/ Don't tint windshield

In San Diego...Tech Formula on Miramar. They do great detail work too. I've had two cars tinted there. Years later they are great. Prices irrelevant because they were SUV's = many windows.

We had the windshield tinted in one car with a clear film. It was supposed to help protect the interior/us. Bad choice. It added a very slight wave to the window. We didn't really notice it at first, but over time it drove us nuts. It didn't get worse over time, it just irritated us more and more. Had it removed.
Old 11-11-06, 10:40 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Went to Song's today to get my tint. Hann wasnt there, but Tony was and he did a great job. I ended up getting the Madico CH Polyeurathane Ultimate 35% tint with lifetime warranty for $250. The craftsmanship/installation was flawless as far as I can tell. I felt confident that they knew what they were doing. The removed the strip panel of the front doors and put them back perfectly. What a difference in light protection wow!

Since i'm new to tinting, maybe you guys can answer some questions:

Tony said not to roll down window for 24 hrs. Isnt the curing period longer?

Tony said temperature doesnt really affect the product, so parking outside in sun or cold doesnt matter. I am a little concerned cus i gotta park outside this week and dont want the tint to warp.

Lastly, which i forgot to ask Tony.... after i got home, from certain angle I see streak marks from the outside....looks kinda like air streaks..... Do these disappear as time goes by? I hope so cus they kinda irritating looking.

If you have tint experience, please advise. Thanks.
Old 11-12-06, 09:46 AM
scawacs
Driver

i had air bubbles appear 1-2 days after installation. they were there for maybe 3 days and after that, everything was fine and looks great.
Old 11-12-06, 11:07 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

looking 4ward to seeing the pics, Kaius If all goes well, I might tint mine before year's end.
Old 11-21-06, 12:51 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default Window Tint in Los Angeles

Guys, I need a good and decently priced window tint shop in LA.

I remember there is a popular one in Alhambra area? I forget the name and exactly where though.
Old 11-21-06, 12:59 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want good and decent price, California Tint. Simple as that. Just look for Peter.

I know other people would also recommend Pro Tint in Rosemead as well. But they did a bad job on my previous vehicle, so I don't recommend them.

My recommendation would be Song's Tint Masters, pricing is good, but not the cheapest in town for the work.

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread