Official SoCal tint thread - Page 66 - Club Lexus Forums

Official SoCal tint thread

Old 07-22-15, 10:18 PM   #976
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
Will you be able to see anything out front with 35%?

I want to get some really light tint for the front, but seems like it won't be optically clear for night time driving.
Tint on the front windshield does distort the light from oncoming cars, but it really depends on the angle of the glass. It's like wearing polarized sunglasses and looking through your side windows. It's slightly distorted, but you can get used to it.

Quote:
It's light compared to most limo tint, but I can't image driving at night with 35%. Maybe your vision is better than mine, or my neighborhood is dimmly lit.
It's definitely because of your neighborhood.
Blkexcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 09:38 AM   #977
store042
Driver School Candidate

Come down to my shop:
Tint World Hermosa Beach
1414 PCH, Hermosa Beach, CA

You can check out my car for a demo, I have 35% on my windshield. I love it, works great in the day and at night. There is an adjustment period, especially if you don't currently have any tint on your windshield, like mentioned earlier. I've had my windshield tinted for a couple years now with 50% and loved that. Decided to go darker about 3 months ago with the 35%. It's just a lot more noticeable from the outside, so you have to be careful with cops. So I recommend sticking with 50-55%. And we use the higher end film, Carbon or Nano Carbon XP for the windshields for better optical clarity.
Hope that helps.
store042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-15, 10:07 AM   #978
GSteg
Rookie

W00t! Getting some tint installed next week. 3m Crystalline 90% for the windshield and 70% for the two front doors. Was quoted $500 at Campbell Tint in Huntington Beach. Slightly cheaper than other places I've looked at.
GSteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 01:24 AM   #979
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
W00t! Getting some tint installed next week. 3m Crystalline 90% for the windshield and 70% for the two front doors. Was quoted $500 at Campbell Tint in Huntington Beach. Slightly cheaper than other places I've looked at.
what about the rear windows?
tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-15, 10:32 AM   #980
GSteg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea View Post
what about the rear windows?
I didn't ask about the rear windows. It's factory tinted so I don't want the rears to be darker than they are now.
Old 08-17-15, 09:03 AM   #981
store042
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if they explained this to you GSteg, anything from the factory that's a tempered glass like what they would put on SUV'S and trucks is just a privacy glass. There is very minimal UV and heat rejection. The only way you block UV A & B is by putting a film on it. What we usually do is just put a lighter film on the back over the tempered if the customer doesn't want it to be much darker then it is.
store042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 10:54 PM   #982
GSteg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by store042 View Post
Not sure if they explained this to you GSteg, anything from the factory that's a tempered glass like what they would put on SUV'S and trucks is just a privacy glass. There is very minimal UV and heat rejection. The only way you block UV A & B is by putting a film on it. What we usually do is just put a lighter film on the back over the tempered if the customer doesn't want it to be much darker then it is.
Actually, the factory windows (newer Lexus) blocks up to 92% UV. Obviously not as good 99% from having quality tint, but hardly what I would call 'minimal." My rear glasses are already dark so I'm against putting anything in the back, even if it's 90% tint. Rarely do I have any passengers so it's not worthwhile to spend another $500.

I took a trip to Vegas last weekend and the outside temp was 105F with the sun beaming strong over us. The A/C was set to 70F and the blower was maybe on the 2nd lowest setting. Didn't feel uncomfortable at all! In fact, I had to turn it up to 72 occasionally because it was getting too cold in the vehicle.
Old 06-12-16, 05:05 PM   #983
blahsx
Driver School Candidate

any tint shop in orange county that worked on ls460 before? the tint shop i usually go to said he couldnt do the front windows due to the door panel blocking near the mirror
blahsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-16, 12:42 PM   #984
2jzdc
Driver School Candidate

Default California Tint

This past weekend I took my SC430 to get it tinted at California Tint since it was a few blocks away from my house and the experience was HORRIBLE. They are first come, first serve, we arrived around 11, they said there was 15 people in front of us so they told us to come back around 4:30. We arrived at 4:30, took about a 15 minute wait time to get our car in to start the tinting process. Tint took around 40 minutes for the two doors and rear windshield. The quality was just horrid, my driver side tint peeled off the next day. They tosses my keys on the rood of my car, leaving a scratch and my door had a ding because they did not carefully open the door. I would highly advise everyone to stay away from California Tint mainly because their work is **** and they aren't careful with your car. I'm going to see if the scratches get buffed out.
2jzdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 09:29 PM   #985
10lexISR6
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzdc View Post
This past weekend I took my SC430 to get it tinted at California Tint since it was a few blocks away from my house and the experience was HORRIBLE. They are first come, first serve, we arrived around 11, they said there was 15 people in front of us so they told us to come back around 4:30. We arrived at 4:30, took about a 15 minute wait time to get our car in to start the tinting process. Tint took around 40 minutes for the two doors and rear windshield. The quality was just horrid, my driver side tint peeled off the next day. They tosses my keys on the rood of my car, leaving a scratch and my door had a ding because they did not carefully open the door. I would highly advise everyone to stay away from California Tint mainly because their work is **** and they aren't careful with your car. I'm going to see if the scratches get buffed out.
Where exactly is this California Tint?
10lexISR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-16, 12:01 AM   #986
MasonGrey
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10lexISR6 View Post
Where exactly is this California Tint?
It's in Rosemead. 4325 Rosemead Blvd, Rosemead, CA 91770
MasonGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-16, 01:41 PM   #987
MasonGrey
Driver

3M Color Stable 35% all around with black interior. A little dark for my tastes. Done at OC Tint Shop off Alton in Irvine. A little on the expensive side, but very good work. I believe they give a discount if you mention you were referred.
MasonGrey is offline   Reply With Quote