Official SoCal tint thread - Page 66 - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > CL of Southern California

Official SoCal tint thread

Old 07-22-15, 10:18 PM   #976
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
Will you be able to see anything out front with 35%?

I want to get some really light tint for the front, but seems like it won't be optically clear for night time driving.
Tint on the front windshield does distort the light from oncoming cars, but it really depends on the angle of the glass. It's like wearing polarized sunglasses and looking through your side windows. It's slightly distorted, but you can get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSteg View Post
It's light compared to most limo tint, but I can't image driving at night with 35%. Maybe your vision is better than mine, or my neighborhood is dimmly lit.
It's definitely because of your neighborhood.
Blkexcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 09:38 AM   #977
store042
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Come down to my shop:
Tint World Hermosa Beach
1414 PCH, Hermosa Beach, CA

You can check out my car for a demo, I have 35% on my windshield. I love it, works great in the day and at night. There is an adjustment period, especially if you don't currently have any tint on your windshield, like mentioned earlier. I've had my windshield tinted for a couple years now with 50% and loved that. Decided to go darker about 3 months ago with the 35%. It's just a lot more noticeable from the outside, so you have to be careful with cops. So I recommend sticking with 50-55%. And we use the higher end film, Carbon or Nano Carbon XP for the windshields for better optical clarity.
Hope that helps.
store042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 09:38 AM