CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06, 09:21 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... ceramic. Heard of the alluminum (out for a long time) and titanium....

As I've posted before, I can't say enough good things about Classic Window Tint in Orange.(714-633-6331)

I've had Lance tint every car I've had in the family (including my ES 10 years ago which is still perfect) and several dozen friends, magazine project cars, etc. And never anything but positive feedback.

They used to use Llumar, but switched a couple of years ago, can't remember the name. Did the SC and LS with the new tint and it looks great.
Old 08-19-06, 12:23 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

got my tint done today on a spontaneous decision... don't we all just love making logical decision at a moment's notice? hahah. anyways... got it done at song's tint masters which was recommended to me by pocky. ended up getting 40% huper optik ceramic tint all around minus the front windshield. tint looks absolutely great! i'm very happy with the results but ouch... it put a dent in my wallet hahah. oh wells i'm very satisfied with it. that little huper optiks demo thingy they have with the infrared heat lamp totally baited me! hahah.
Old 08-19-06, 03:09 AM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rsa supra
Hmmm... ceramic. Heard of the alluminum (out for a long time) and titanium....

As I've posted before, I can't say enough good things about Classic Window Tint in Orange.(714-633-6331)

I've had Lance tint every car I've had in the family (including my ES 10 years ago which is still perfect) and several dozen friends, magazine project cars, etc. And never anything but positive feedback.

They used to use Llumar, but switched a couple of years ago, can't remember the name. Did the SC and LS with the new tint and it looks great.
how much did you pay and what type of tint do they use? im in the 714 area and will be in the market for some new tint soon..

ultimax what how much did you pay? any pics?

im on a college based income which isnt much but financial aide works wonders
Old 08-19-06, 08:08 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

I would like to know too. How much did you pay? Where is it located? I'm in Pasadena. One important question.....I read somewhere that sometimes the shops remove the door panel or something like that (can't remember what I read). Anyway, did they remove anything?
Old 08-19-06, 09:32 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will answer for him, since his monkey butt is probably sleeping

He got it tinted at Song's Tint Master. It's located on the outskirts of Ktown. Off Arlington exit on the 10 freeway. If you decide to go there, look for HANN. Tell him Ray with the white IS350 sent you there. He is usually there on the weekends. On the weekday's he goes out and does other jobs like tint buildings, etc.

I believe he pay over $400 for it. I can't remember. Somewhere around the area of $450.

They remove the door panels. The tint is so flawless. I love it. I went the cheaper route, since....Im a cheapie. I got the Madico Onyx tint.

Cali_Girl, PM if you want more info. I can give you his direct line. What kind of "tint" are you looking for?
Old 08-19-06, 01:15 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

thanks pocky for answering for me. i paid 475 otd plus $10 credit card fee.. so 485 total. a lil more than what i wanted to spend on tint but after seeing that huper optik demo box i was sold. you're paying a premium for the performance of ceramic... nothing else can really compare to it. i use my car for work quite a lot so i need something to protect me from the summer heat.

i got 40% which is probably light enough so you don't get hassled by the cops but still offers great heat reduction. and yeah they do remove the door panels to install the tint. that's a huge liability on their part too cuz if they break one of those door switches.. it's $$$ to replace em hahah.

if you do end up going to song's tint masters tell em that ray with the white is350 and darren with the smokey granite is250 sent ya! you can pm either of us for hann's direct cell number. hann personally did my tint and he did a great job on it too. he's really friendly and explained all the tints that he carries. it took me a while to figure out what i wanted and he was really patient about it too. he also didn't pressure me into getting one tint over another. afterwards he even took photos of my car to add to his library of customer's cars so he can show other customers what 40% ceramic looks like on an sgm on black car.

i'll go take photos of the tint n post em...
Old 08-19-06, 03:11 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWWWWWWW MAN! He never took pictures of my car!!! Imma go back and force him to take pics.
Old 08-19-06, 03:15 PM
rsa supra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BlueKush86
how much did you pay and what type of tint do they use? im in the 714 area and will be in the market for some new tint soon..

ultimax what how much did you pay? any pics?

im on a college based income which isnt much but financial aide works wonders
He is usually around $200 give or take $20-40 for most small sedans. The TI tint is around $100 more and usually knocks-off 10% or so when I send someone. Pics in my sig (Supra and link to SC.)

They took the door panels off of a Volvo my stepdad had, but on every other car that we've done, they've been able to get it to the edge of the window perfectly w/o issue. There is always zero space between the edge of the window and the tint.

$475 for tint (unless it was ceramic or some other kind of material that was way more expensive than usual) sounds outrageous to me.
Old 08-19-06, 04:26 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

ok here are some pics.

the first 2 are before pics w/o any tint.

huper optik ceramic 40% all around except front windshield.

these pics were taken on a sunny day around 2:30PM. you can see that at some angles it looks really dark and others it doesn't. keep in mind that i have a black interior too. i like it cuz it's not too dark so hopefully the cops won't hassle me. hope these pics helps someone's decision.
Old 08-19-06, 06:09 PM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rsa supra
He is usually around $200 give or take $20-40 for most small sedans. The TI tint is around $100 more and usually knocks-off 10% or so when I send someone. Pics in my sig (Supra and link to SC.)

They took the door panels off of a Volvo my stepdad had, but on every other car that we've done, they've been able to get it to the edge of the window perfectly w/o issue. There is always zero space between the edge of the window and the tint.

$475 for tint (unless it was ceramic or some other kind of material that was way more expensive than usual) sounds outrageous to me.

$200 for what kind of tint? would you recomend the TI tint? thats what my budget will allow me for now or should i save up and go with the 200?? what do you think?
Old 08-19-06, 07:14 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Nice tint! I haven't decided on the type of tint yet. I was thinking about making it a bit darker than 40%. Can they do without removing the door panels? I don't want complications later on.
Old 08-19-06, 07:43 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

if you're gonna go with huper optik ceramics... they have one shade darker at 30%. it was a little too dark for my tastes so that's why i went with the 40. i wanna avoid any run ins with the law... doesn't help that i work down the street from a chips stations too hahah. hann also told me that he's never had a customer come back and say they got a ticket for the 40% on the front windows.

um not sure if they can do without removing the door panels. but the install would be much better if they do. you might actually run into complications of the second window seal scratching the tint in the future if they don't remove the panels, like how some members here have experienced. if anything on the door panels do malfunction... it should be immediate rather than break over a few years.

today was the first day that i got to test out the tint and i am extremely satisfied with the performance of the ceramic tint. usually when i drive the sun beats down on me and i can feel the heat. now some of the sun light still comes in but theres no heat. i parked my car at the gym for about 1 1/2 hours today and usually when i get in my car i can see the shadow of the heat fumes escaping from the car when i open the door and the leather burns my legs. now it's soo much cooler. can't wait to test the performance of the tint this coming week when it begins to heat up again... like it did 3 or so weeks ago.
Old 08-20-06, 08:22 AM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

Thank you all for all the information. I never thought about the sunroof. Since I hardly use mine, I'm not sure if I when do that. I'll have him tint the side windows and back. Maybe I'll just go with the 40....don't want tickets.
Old 08-20-06, 12:03 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

40 is a good choice! post pics when you get it done!

i might go back to get my windshield and sunroof done once i get some more funds. i always wanna tilt my sunroof but the sun would just beat down on my head.
Old 08-21-06, 11:56 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

I got johnsons paper..
heard metallic messes with the nav... so went for metal free johnsons...
well neways.. someone say they turn purple in a year or two...
if they go purple.. its life time warranty neways..
i got limo all around..
the place i got it installed i didnt like..
but my friend got the same film at another place and he seemed happy..
Attached Thumbnails Official SoCal tint thread-p060806001.jpg  

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread