CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 04:21 PM
kimIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Try Peter-California Tint.. Just say you were referred by a prior customer (he'll then give you a better deal).
^ Peter@ California Tint is awsome guy, he takes his time to explain wut tints u want n u can tell him how u want it done n he will do it. I got mine done like 2 weeks ago, it still looks very good. And it's lifetime warranty but if you were to go there i suggest u get there maybe half an hour early before they open cuz i got there at 8:30 n i was already 4th person in line.
Old 05-23-09, 04:05 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03aristo
Try USA tinting off Moran Street next to the Asian mall. ive used them for all my cars. Ive seen them worked out a few IS before so it should be a problem, they have really good price, dont come weeken, if you do come early, otherwise its a long wait
i went there 3 weeks ago cuz i usually do all my cars there as well and they usually do a really good job. they charged me 120 but the old guy who did my tints *****ed it up.. i came back a second time to redo the front tints.. waited another couple days.. and they're still messed.. i came back a third time and talked to the owner.. said the old guy is notorious for messin up tints and messin up the trim as well.. i'm going back on monday to have the owner do my tints.. he said he'll take off the panels and what not.. let's see how it goes for the THIRD time
Old 05-25-09, 12:30 PM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISThree
I highly recomm.

Rich's Tint Shoppe
(626) 913-3718
784 Nogales Ave, Walnut, CA 91789

Had at least 5 cars tinted there...
+1. Before I had my cars done, I did my research on the tint forums. Other tinters were recommended Rich. Nuff said.
Old 05-25-09, 09:45 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

man, there are so many options of window tint...lol...

here is another one, just got my wife's ES tinted 2 weeks ago in : Tint M Up (in Stanton)

Review is completely 100% positive : http://www.yelp.com/biz/tint-m-up-stanton

$150 (cash only), they are using SunGard film tho, not sure good/bad.
Old 05-26-09, 08:05 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

you can contact 3M on their window tint website and request a dealer in your area. the closest tint like the mercedes is suntek HP50 blue.
Old 05-27-09, 09:48 AM
needlejeff
Driver School Candidate

You might try Advanced Automotive Engineering in Alhambra. Scott does a great job and has 3M as well as other brands. I know it's 3M cause he left the water mark on the window until I saw it.
Old 05-27-09, 01:20 PM
joeker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for solargard
Old 05-27-09, 11:40 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ISThree
I highly recomm.

Rich's Tint Shoppe
(626) 913-3718
784 Nogales Ave, Walnut, CA 91789

Had at least 5 cars tinted there...
Does anyone know how much they charge?
Old 05-28-09, 09:40 AM
VIPtint
Pole Position

3M CS line has the "3M" ink mark on the tint. it can be removed with alcohol. its there so the customer knows they got the right material. the CS is one of 3Ms most expensive lines of film
Old 05-30-09, 12:12 AM
derricklee
Driver

Default Got 3M tint.

Thanks for you guys all helpful information. i already got my 3M tint. .50% tint with my favorite 3m mark. but i might got my front driver side retint since some water bubble still there after 6 days. is it normal for new tint. will this be gone later??
Old 05-30-09, 02:35 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

the shop probably told you to wait a week. dont worry if it doesnt go away bring it back and theyll redo it. if they dont, then they suck. it is covered under the warranty. actually that would be installer error and should be under their shop warranty.

3M CS50 is what i got on my GS, and i had every option of tint to use. and i went specifically off color. good thing 3M performs well too.
Old 05-31-09, 10:52 AM
derricklee
Driver

update here. shop just re-tint it for me yesterday. at first, he told me there is something stick on my window can't take off. I still want him to redo it for me. and it approves i was right. my window is no problem at all. the water bubble is gone. He explain that this is because my car is 06 model. it is been three years old. it is hard to clean it before he tint. ..........is this bs? is that mean only new car can get their window tint? but i decide to let it go without saying anything. so far, i am very very happy with the outcome. 3M CS50 looks so awesome on my car. it is also good to know 3M mark can be removed with alcohol. since my wife likes this 3M mark a lot. maybe i will just keep it. i will post some picture after i got clean clean car wash
Old 06-02-09, 06:08 PM
DaKi3241
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by derricklee
update here. shop just re-tint it for me yesterday. at first, he told me there is something stick on my window can't take off. I still want him to redo it for me. and it approves i was right. my window is no problem at all. the water bubble is gone. He explain that this is because my car is 06 model. it is been three years old. it is hard to clean it before he tint. ..........is this bs? is that mean only new car can get their window tint? but i decide to let it go without saying anything. so far, i am very very happy with the outcome. 3M CS50 looks so awesome on my car. it is also good to know 3M mark can be removed with alcohol. since my wife likes this 3M mark a lot. maybe i will just keep it. i will post some picture after i got clean clean car wash
ah please do. I never knew there actually were blueish tints. Post some pics! Also btw, does your tint have UV protection? if so I'm interested haha
Old 06-03-09, 02:57 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

that 06 was BS. the 02 and older do have back window issues, but thats just lexus. the tint has 99% UV ray rejection on all shades. it is offered in 70% 50% 35% 20% and 5%, i wish there were more shades but there isnt.

the 3M is considerred blueish cuz most are either brownish or greenish which is considerred charcoal. 3M is more BLACK looking from the exterior.
Old 06-03-09, 09:59 PM
derricklee
Driver

here is some picture.

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread