CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-07, 02:30 AM
swimdaca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XprincoX
Do you need to make an appmt at this place or do they do walk-ins? price range?
i'm not sure if they do walk-ins, but i made an appointment for drop off in the morning..and i picked up my car in the afternoon

i believe i paid $195 for 5 windows
Old 12-20-07, 10:22 AM
Extreme437
Pole Position

+1 for CA Tint in Rosemead. I drove up from San Diego and had my windows done there a couple days after I got the car back in July. I was so happy with their work, I drove back up there to have my windshield done just last week. They did a perfect job on all the windows and I would definitely recommend them. I'd go back a third time but I ran out of windows
Old 12-21-07, 01:47 AM
YerMajesty
Rookie

CA Tint Walk-ins okay, but get crowded on weekends. Coupe done for 110 flat with a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-30-07, 02:59 AM
stvn
Pole Position

how much did you guys pay for the huper optik ceramic tint at song's tint masters? did you also get the windshield tinted? at what price?
Old 12-30-07, 08:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

5 windows i think it's 475 or so (gs350 and ls460). front windshield it's another 250 or 275 if i remember right
Old 12-30-07, 11:54 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
5 windows i think it's 475 or so (gs350 and ls460). front windshield it's another 250 or 275 if i remember right
that's how much i paid for my IS as well (475).
Old 12-30-07, 04:15 PM
The Godfather
Lead Lap

Tint Zone in Rowland Heights @ the Hong Kong supermarket plaza, by the carwash. Dave is the man! He's done about 10 cars for me!
Old 12-30-07, 06:09 PM
lsauto
Driver School Candidate

Just got my new LS460 tinted at Song's Ting Master with ceramic film. They are definitely very high quality, professionals.
Old 01-02-08, 02:47 AM
stvn
Pole Position

ouch dropping 500 for some ceramics... is it worth it?
Old 01-02-08, 08:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn
ouch dropping 500 for some ceramics... is it worth it?
if you can afford it, i say it's worth it. i was hesitant before i got it as well, but after i got it, i totally understand. i had tints on 3 previous cars, all not ceramic. they are just dyed film or metallic. they looked ok, but they blocked no heat.

we got the ceramic on the ls460l in summer. my goodness did the car get so much cooler under the sun. it was "stupid" coz' when i drove, i felt all the heat from the front (windshield)... the sides are all cool

all people i know who went / switched to ceramic say the money is well worth it
Old 01-02-08, 10:36 AM
dk0515
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got off the phone with Hamid from Sunshield Glass Tinting in Sherman Oaks. I was quoted $350 all round for Madico Ceramic tint and $185 for 3M Color Stable.

I went to this tint shop for the first time last month and they do a great job. I was referred to them by a member on this forum.
Old 01-03-08, 12:47 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If you're looking for a cheaper tint job but don't mind sacrificing the quality of the film (Johnson) and long wait time (if you go on the weekends), then go with California Tint.

If you're looking for higher quality film (Madico/Huper Optik) and a better install, but don't mind paying a little more, then go with STM (Song's Tint Masters).

Both are great tint shops depending on what you want and are willing to pay for. I would still be going to California Tint if it wasn't for my bodykit...both driveways are horrible for lowered/kitted cars. But the main reason I switched to STM is because Hann special ordered a full roll of "VIP green" tint just to do my car...that said a LOT to me about their service and willingness to make customers happy.

Originally Posted by mikemareen
If in San gabriel valley, California Tint is the definite place to go. The guy is a freaking cool guy, I mean really cool guy.
Peter is cool, but Hann is so much cooler. (explanation above)

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 01-03-08 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-03-08, 01:28 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

For the past 12 years of driving and owning different cars, i always been going back to California Tint. I never had a problem with their service and quality. I dont need to Huper Ceramic material b/c my cars are mostly indoors 95% of the time. I referred all my friends and family over to California tint and no one had a single problem so far. I personally know the owner peter and he always takes care of me, friends and family. I also get a huge discount. If you ever decide to go there, ask for peter and said you were referred by me (Tommy) and he'll hook it up for you.
Old 01-03-08, 01:44 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I've been to both California Tint and STM. They are both good. IMO, Hann seems to be a lot more thorough in terms of craftsmanship. Not to mention, he's a very easy going person. Like most people have mentioned, go for the ceramic tint if you can afford it. It's the money well spent especially if you park your car outdoors during the day time.

Terrance
Old 01-03-08, 03:00 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
If you're looking for a cheaper tint job but don't mind sacrificing the quality of the film (Johnson) and long wait time (if you go on the weekends), then go with California Tint.

If you're looking for higher quality film (Madico/Huper Optik) and a better install, but don't mind paying a little more, then go with STM (Song's Tint Masters).

Both are great tint shops depending on what you want and are willing to pay for. I would still be going to California Tint if it wasn't for my bodykit...both driveways are horrible for lowered/kitted cars. But the main reason I switched to STM is because Hann special ordered a full roll of "VIP green" tint just to do my car...that said a LOT to me about their service and willingness to make customers happy.

Peter is cool, but Hann is so much cooler. (explanation above)
I used a cheap tint shop because my car is a lease and I don't care about it, but if I bought my cars I'd be going to Song's Tint Masters. Hann Song is indeed a very cool and laid back guy - I had opportunity to watch him tint a brand new M5 and his skill/experience says it all.

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread