CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

A December to Forget- Park Place Lexus Mission Viejo

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-09, 04:48 PM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about this terrible experience. But maybe it's for the best? Are you sure $3,000 over invoice is such a good price? I just did a special order for $1,000 on a GS450h. That's the highest price over invoice that I'm willing to accept on any vehicle.
Old 12-24-09, 05:06 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

Park place where nice to me when i was still shopping to buy my IS. it was also located convienently right next to an infinity dealer so after i test drove a 350 i jumped right in a g35 15 minutes later and was able to compare better haha.

But i take my car to newport lexus now and they treat me better. dunno where you live but newport lexus is probably alot closer to you than carlsbad if you where looking in mission viejo. but you already ordered. hope it all works out
Old 12-24-09, 07:32 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Typical of new car dealers. Went through a very similiar experience with local Ford dealer here in the Plains, PA area. Daughter bought the Fusion in Ohio, saving $991 over the local "friend" deal. If they can't make the profit level they want, then they clam up and hope you go away after someone that represents the dealership commits to a price. Of course, dealer management probably told the salesman that the shiort end comes out of his commission. What happened to taking it on the chin, man up and take the small commission? Any commission is better than no commission, esp in these days.
Old 12-24-09, 07:35 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

sucks to hear about your experience at that dealership. when i first read the beginning of this story, i thought immediately that one of the salesmen might try to up the price. i special ordered my lexus IS, and they immediately gave me a typed statement with all the additional options i wanted in my car and we agreed. and then i placed my deposit. but to hear that they did the same thing with you and STILL tried to sucker you into paying more for a car you waited long for...thats ridiculous and a shame to the dealership. i know some want to maximize profit, but it shouldnt come at customer expense. im glad you didnt stick around for that special build there. going to a nearby lexus was not only a great resolution but it showed that that particular lexus wasnt the only one in town and they lost your business. also, by putting your story on here, you have strengthened others' opinions of this dealership. great job holding your composure and not getting taken for a ride (in a car that probably wasnt gonna be there anytime soon).
Old 12-24-09, 09:45 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you traveled up North a little bit, you could go to Longo Lexus. My family had great experiences at Longo Toyota and now Longo Lexus and they've taken care of me for my accident I got in two weeks ago and the service has been exceptional. I hope your situation is taken care of, and so what happened to the $1,000 deposit? They agreed on the price and it was in a contract was it not? If they are canceling on the contract, I would assume your deposit should be refunded and you can take your business to a more reputable dealership and inform corporate of the ahole in sales.
Old 12-24-09, 09:59 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by ERC4
Back in August the Internet Sales Manager agreed (in writing) to a price that the New Car Sales Manager felt was not profitable enough to give up one of their allocated vehicles for. So instead of showing integrity and sticking to the deal that they agreed to, or at least coming clean with me so I could order my vehicle elsewhere, they chose option #3- provide such terrible customer service that after 4 months I would cancel the order and get them off the hook.
Sorry to hear about the situation, but let's examine this - if you had the order and agreed upon price in writing, why on Earf did you not pursue this? You could very easily garner the attention of the local news with things like this and create all kinds of hell for a dealer that won't live up to its own agreements - especially one that puts it in writing then tries to jack the price up by giving you horrible service. I'd also be willing to bet if you called Lexus corporate and faxed them - or better, sent it by registered mail - they'd have something to say about it.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you go in and handle things in person when phone calls and emails weren't being responded to?? I would have made such a scene in the dealership that they would have GIVEN me the car. I had no choice but to speak with the GM of a dealer in person, and hand delivered a message to him that I typed up. I went through several layers of middle management, refusing each time to let someone else hand it to him. We sat and talked for the better part of 30 minutes, and the problem was resolved with him terminating a no good and useless service manager, his lackey, and assuring me that the service would improve because of it. He was, of course, right, which I knew would be the case since the service manager was a POS.

Glad to hear you have your order placed, but I would certainly not have been nearly as kind to someone who basically held my money hostage for 4 months. I might not even look at the same brand since corporate clearly dropped the ball.

I would strongly suggest you write a letter - do not call, do not email - write an actual letter and send it to the entire corporate leadership. You will be surprised how receptive they can be. Been there - done that.

Big Mack
Old 12-25-09, 12:35 AM
jackblack7
Pole Position

Sorry to hear that. I bought my IS from that location. I emailed about 20 different dealerships and they gave me the best price, about $6k off. Service was excellent and it was a great experience. I'm really sorry your experience was poor. I wonder if it's the same people as when I purchased from there.
Old 12-25-09, 03:55 AM
CJS57
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Well this shows that it is best to just buy something that is already in the USA. Bird in the hand............That dealer was bad!
Old 12-25-09, 05:55 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Let's show them the power of the internet. I live in Houston, TX, but have a very good friend in Mission Viejo who lives about five minutes from that dealership - and he is a huge car nut. From here, it will take me a few seconds to send him a link to this thread.
Old 12-25-09, 11:47 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting. I generally hate car sales people, although my Lexus sales person in South Florida is superb. I deal with Jeffrey Felder at J M Lexus of Margate. This guy is superb - negotiated a great deal - did everything over the phone. He did not give me any of that you have to come to the dealership to work a deal nonsense. He did a terrific job having the car and paperwork ready when I arrived. He went way overboard to ensure the detailer did an immaculate job getting the car ready for delivery. And he remembered my Birthday.

This is the only car sales person I can recommend after 15 years of buying cars.
Old 12-25-09, 11:23 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did MV Lexus change their staff again? Hmm, I better talk to Melissa again. Of course, Roy can come here and give some insight on this. They're usually very good with customers that go through them. I haven't had an incident yet with my time dealing with them...
Old 12-26-09, 11:23 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the information!
Old 12-27-09, 09:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

thanks for the information, definitely helpful to everyone looking to buy cars here, and hope you get your car soon! post up pictures, and make sure send the new car info to the new car sales manager at mission viejo, lol
Old 12-28-09, 12:37 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Eh...Park Place is the closest dealership to me, but I don't think I'd ever go there to buy a car. I just go there cause they have a air freshener that I like. Most of the staff there usually gives me the stink eye for some reason. I always wait like 15 minutes at the counter just to buy a air freshener haha(They are really cool ones though...so i brave through the experience). But I guess just because I'm young, they dont give a ***** about me. There have been a few helpful guys that I have talked to, but unfortuneatly that doesnt offset the amount of people who "don't care".

SIDE NOTE: ALL of their parts are more expensive then other lexus dealerships, from what my mechanic tells me. I forgot how their sales system works but even my mechanic says he tries to order from other dealerships(If even need be in the first place). Apparently they use a different pricing system then most Lexus dealerships.
Old 12-28-09, 12:38 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

There a valet there named Roy thats reallly cool though, he'll treat your car right.

Quick Reply: A December to Forget- Park Place Lexus Mission Viejo