CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Ticket question-What if it isn't in the system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 08:27 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ticket question-What if it isn't in the system?

These past few months I have been rather unlucky with the popo. Latest one was getting a jay walking ticket for entering an intersection when it was too late, when the hand just started flashing and the countdown started. My interpretation of the law was that it was a warning and that you had to make it out of the intersection before the time expired. This ticket though hasn't been in the system yet and it's been over 3 weeks since it occurred. What are my options? Should I do nothing until it is in the system, or am I still required to go to court or should I want until I am notified via mail?
Old 12-18-09, 08:41 PM
tcr101
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

ouch, that what I thought the law for crosswalks are also..

as for the ticket, I would still show up at court on the date. You can try calling the court and asking what to do, but I believe they will still tell you to show up. I do know that the notification in the mail does not always come.
Old 12-18-09, 08:52 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

That's what my friend and I are thinking. We got it together when we were crossing, made it through in time, two girls behind us started after and finished after the countdown finished. Cop just gave them a warning...WTFF
But yeah, it's still not in the online system either.
Old 12-18-09, 11:44 PM
J_Hao
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sometimes it takes up to 21 days..but you still got to show up even though the ticket is not in the system..
Old 12-19-09, 02:26 AM
VIPJOSH
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definitely show up for court. what could happen is the ticket will be dismissed if you show up w/o the officer showing up. also, in my case of a bigger ticket (140+ mph) they said they have up to a year to file it and give you a new court case. either way california is broke and they are going to try to due there best to take more of our money.
Old 12-19-09, 09:40 AM
rvalero
Lead Lap

Show up for your appearance date. You signed the ticket saying that you would appear, so it would be best to do so.

21456 CVC – Walk, Wait, or Don’t Walk - Whenever a pedestrian control signal showing the words "WALK" or "WAIT" or "DONT WALK" or other approved symbol is in place, the signal shall indicate as follows:

(a) "WALK" or approved "Walking Person" symbol. A pedestrian facing the signal may proceed across the roadway in the direction of the signal, but shall yield the right-of-way to vehicles lawfully within the intersection at the time that signal is first shown.

(b) Flashing or steady "DONT WALK" or "WAIT" or approved "Upraised Hand" symbol. No pedestrian shall start to cross the roadway in the direction of the signal, but any pedestrian who has partially completed crossing shall proceed to a sidewalk or safety zone or otherwise leave the roadway while the "WAIT" or "DONT WALK" or approved "Upraised Hand" symbol is showing.
From my interpretation, as soon as the Upraised Hand symbol appears, you can not enter the crosswalk. The timer is probably for people who have already legally entered the crosswalk.
Old 12-20-09, 02:58 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Ah okay, I guess now I know...
Anyone have ideas on how much this will be?
Old 12-20-09, 03:45 AM
djduckii
Pole Position

lol i was in court n someone got a ticket for crosswalking too. just go to court, the officer will tell their side, you cross examine them. tell the judge the walking timer was on and be done with it. if u dont go to court n pay it, its liek 140ish. if u go to court n lose, you pay 104. if u win u pay nothing.
Old 12-22-09, 11:01 AM
Dez
Driver

Go to court. You may think it's not in the system because the same thing happened to me until I was hit with collection notices if I didn't go to court. Thats how they get you. They probably do it on purpose.
Old 12-22-09, 12:15 PM
curepunx
Driver

Well, ive received a ticket/citation for speeding once. Yea i signed that i would appear in court. For weeks i checked online and the system did not display the citation whatsoever. The end result was me showing up on the date i 'promised' to show up but WITHOUT the citation in hand. The clerk looked it up by number and my DL number but still to no avail, nothing would come up. The deputy and clerk both said i was free to go and havent been hassled since. If the officer issuing the citation does not turn in his portion, then you are not liable for anything. Goodluck!

PS: i will strongly suggest, if its not posted online or via phone automated, do NOT take the citation in hand (put it in ur pocket), and just take the details written on a paper.
Old 12-22-09, 01:59 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

What a B.S. ticket. Good luck fighting it!
Old 12-22-09, 02:58 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've gotten a ticket before and it didn't show up for 3 weeks. So i kept checking online the station no go. Then i was told to go to Fullerton courthouse instead of el monte (is where i got my ticket). good luck
Old 12-25-09, 04:05 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Show up and if it's not in system, get it date stamped, other wise they can reschedule the court date without sending a notice to you and you will have no proof that you ever tried showing up. Then you'll end up with a failure to appear. It's happen before, trust me.
Old 12-25-09, 04:27 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Defintely go to court, you don't want a collection agency to blemish your credit report !
Old 12-25-09, 11:36 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Read the thread below carefully. It happened to alot of people lately. Show up and get a ticket stub from the clerk as proof of appearance.

"California Courts: How does a $10 fix-it ticket turn into $500? Help?"

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1903646

Quick Reply: Ticket question-What if it isn't in the system?