CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Ticket question-What if it isn't in the system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-09, 11:40 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

xknowonex, you think I should bring the citation as proof? This happened a few months ago with an illegal u-turn ticket I had. It wasn't in the system, but I brought the ticket in and they looked up the infraction and instead just made me pay it then and there w/o any option of waiting for it to be in the system, but wow because of LA court's inability to organize ****, they get more money out of people. What a great city...

Last edited by JDKane527; 12-25-09 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-30-09, 11:28 AM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now the ticket is in the system >_< $178.00!!
Most expensive street crossing ever, and it wasn't that good =\
It's due January 25, so I'm going to set up a court date to contest it.
Old 12-30-09, 12:56 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stonefan52
xknowonex, you think I should bring the citation as proof? This happened a few months ago with an illegal u-turn ticket I had. It wasn't in the system, but I brought the ticket in and they looked up the infraction and instead just made me pay it then and there w/o any option of waiting for it to be in the system, but wow because of LA court's inability to organize ****, they get more money out of people. What a great city...
Well if you paid for it then you should have a receipt of some sort just in case if they come back and accuse you of failure to pay or appear.

Usually what happens quite frequently is people show up to court on the date only to find out that their ticket is not in the system and they leave, foolishly thinking that the courts lost the ticket and they got away. Instead months later they get nailed with an exorbitant fine for failure to appear etc and they can't prove that they appeared on that date. So, if this happens, demand the clerk some sort of written proof that you were there.