CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

2 Fix It Tickets :(

Old 10-10-09, 01:10 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Fix It Tickets :(

Got pulled over today unfortunately..Cop told me he pulled me over because my windows are tinted, and my Exhaust is too loud..
Funny thing is he didn't even ticket me for my exhaust, he just walked to the front of the car and walked right back, and decided to give me a fix it ticket for not having a front plate . Better that than the exhaust of course. He also gave me a fix it ticket for my windows which aren't even that dark at all.

I get pulled over for the littlest thing IMO.

Also wanted to ask if 3M tape would do the trick for the Front plate issue, does the Police station actually walk over to your car and check if its put on right?

and are there any DIY's to take off window tints?
Old 10-10-09, 01:57 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TokerIS350
Got pulled over today unfortunately..Cop told me he pulled me over because my windows are tinted, and my Exhaust is too loud..
Funny thing is he didn't even ticket me for my exhaust, he just walked to the front of the car and walked right back, and decided to give me a fix it ticket for not having a front plate . Better that than the exhaust of course. He also gave me a fix it ticket for my windows which aren't even that dark at all.

Also wanted to ask if 3M tape would do the trick for the Front plate issue, does the Police station actually walk over to your car and check if its put on right?

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. As far as the 3M tape for the plate and the cops looking at it, really depends on the cop you talk with. Some cops will walk up and see how you put on the plate, others will say where's your car and you point it out from a distance and if they see the plate on it, never checking to see how its secured to the car, they'll just sign off the fix it ticket. Its sort of luck of the draw. And as far as window tint removal, well, most auto tint shops have tint removal adhesive in a can that helps them remove your old tint fast. You can give them a call and see if they will sell you a can, otherwise you got to put in some work to remove the tint, some straight edge razor blades, towels and soap and water solution. Peel the tint off and your left with the adhesive on the window, spray the soap solution on the window, let it soften the adhesive and then with the razor blade start scaping the soften adhesive off. Just be careful not to scratch your glass. Best of luck bro.....
Old 10-10-09, 04:23 PM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

Dude taking off the tint is easy...Just use a razor and pull, better if it's warm. The tint that is...If you have any glue left over which you will you can use the razor & scrape it off...Then use some goo gone...Glue just wipes off...I got a fix it ticket for my tint & removed it myself..Took about half hour all said & done..The cop did walk around my car..As for your front plate if you use double sided tape put on a license plate frame might trick them more than just putting on a plate.. Yes as small as these tickets might seem it's still against the law...If you tint your windows again which i will & you remove the plate again it just gives them a right to pull you over, bottom line a law is a law..
Old 10-10-09, 04:25 PM
Namster
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the fix-it ticket club bro. I just paid my fix-it ticket for front tint and no front plate too. Each fix-it ticket is now $25 in case most people still think it's $10. Luckily I have a coworker who knows a cop friend to sign off my ticket so I didn't have to do any fixing. Goodluck with your ticket!
Old 10-11-09, 11:50 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

dude is this the 3rd time you've been pulled over in the past 2 months? where do u drive/commute around?

i'm surprised he didn't mark them as uncorrectable. cops have been doing that alot lately
Old 10-11-09, 12:01 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
dude is this the 3rd time you've been pulled over in the past 2 months? where do u drive/commute around?

i'm surprised he didn't mark them as uncorrectable. cops have been doing that alot lately
well i live in walnut, on valley blvd, like near fairway/ the train tracks etc, my first time pulled over was on valley and lemon, and this time on fairway, like literally a mile away from valley and lemon. ive been pulled over twice in the city of rowland heights ( just moved from there)

i think its just the area

what happens if its uncorrectable??
i dont have to remove my tints or put a front plate???!?!
lol
Old 10-11-09, 08:55 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a fix it for my front plate, I just got the rho-plate mount for the 2IS. I also have another ticket for making an illegal u-turn...wish I could fix that. As far as my tint is concerned, been warned several times for it being too dark. Also was pulled over 6 times for having no front plate, and each time after receiving the ticket, just showed them the ticket I already got and was on my way.
Old 10-11-09, 08:58 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just zip tie your front plate to the lower grill and if they question you just tell them you have set up a appt with the dealer that way once its signed off just cut the zip ties.
Old 10-12-09, 12:25 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

what happens if its uncorrectable??
i dont have to remove my tints or put a front plate???!?!
lol
if its uncorrectable you just pay a larger fine.... hahaha and they don't check your car to see if u fixed it
Old 10-12-09, 12:47 PM
NoHoIS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MiiK350
I just got an 85+ ticket. Fix it ticket sounds like heaven to me right now.

Dude i just got a 83 in a 65...Only jacked up thing was, i was on my way to the track in caravan with 2 BMW M5's & 1 M3...1 M3 &M5 are white the other M5 is silver...My car is black...I was second car in line, cop runs out and gets behind me & gives me a ticket...Ummmmm we were all going the same speed pretty much...

Guess cops just don't like Lexus....
Old 10-12-09, 02:08 PM
TokerIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
if its uncorrectable you just pay a larger fine.... hahaha and they don't check your car to see if u fixed it
so after paying that large fine it would be perfectly fine to have the tints on and no front plate?!

haha imagine.
Old 10-12-09, 02:11 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

they can still pull you over for tint and no front plate.