CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Petition for no front plate!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 12:51 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrasian
Not gonna happen because of all the red light camera's, plus it give them a easy excuse to pull you over. However it does look nasty and I have been driving my cars without a front plate for 7 years
Some red light cameras only take a photo of the front of the vehicle meaning if you have no front plate they dont get to send you a running red light ticket. Unless they get rid of these cameras I dont see them making it legal to have no front plate... But I still signed the petition anyways.
Old 09-08-09, 10:18 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
Some red light cameras only take a photo of the front of the vehicle meaning if you have no front plate they dont get to send you a running red light ticket. Unless they get rid of these cameras I dont see them making it legal to have no front plate... But I still signed the petition anyways.
await till you get to go to az that got that crap on the fwy waiting for you to speed there too
Old 09-09-09, 11:07 AM
Selvarace
Driver School Candidate

Signed. but I agree, Ive seen many of these in the past and dont expect action anytime soon.

Also, a friend of mine in the CHP has advised me a few things about this law. First, his superiors has said asked the CHP patrol officers to step up enforcement. And, the CHP has issud bulletins to other police agencies to step up enforcement of the CVC 5200 sections regarding not only displaying of the front plate, but the position of the plate(no just tossing it on the dashboard anymore).

The reason is, that even the fix it tickets generate from $5 to $15 "sign off" fee when the ticket is signed off. A friend of mine from another police agency confirmed that too. he said that he can no longer just sign off a ticket like " front window tint" and "no front plate" like he used to. Now the ticket must be logged in at the front desk reciept log, the ticket must be signed off by THE officer assigned to work the front desk that day, and the $15 sign off fee collected and a recieipt issued. Then the ticket is signed by the desk officer, and a rubber stamp with the agency ID info stamped on the cite where the desk officer signed to prove it was done at the station instead of in the street by any officer that was your friend. He said not all gencies do all this yet, but that is the new practice in the larger agencies to cut down on the "get it signed off by my buddy thats a cop" method. He said already the administratiors of this system at the stations has seen a huge increase in fees collected so they push officers to keep up with the fix it tickets as it generates revenues directly at the station level instead of the stations hoping and waiting for budget increases through the state or city.

Another thing that was mentioned to me by both my cop neighbors, they said that more and more, people that get these tickets from officers come in to the station and politely ask the desk officer why they were given the "front plate" ticket and the "front window tint" ticket, when so many of the officers drive cars with front tinted windows and no front plates on their cars. That often if they again "politely" push the fact that its not fair, often the desk officer will bring out a higher ranking officer and take the ticket back, if you are persuasive enough. The reason being, the CHP guy said that the individual advised that they would photograph the personal vehicles that were in violation coming out of the CHP station and turn in the story to the newspaper or other media on how CHP officers and Police officers get away with it yet they write tickets for these violations all day. Just as a matter of fact, both my neighbors have tinted windows as dark as anything I have ever seen on the front door window. The one has a vette and the other has a BMW, both without front plates. Id try this one at your own risk, but even at worst case scenario, they just dont take the ticket back.
Old 09-09-09, 07:44 PM
Do.Man
Pole Position

signed. =)
Old 09-10-09, 12:02 AM
blacklex0
Driver School Candidate

signed!
Old 09-10-09, 01:10 AM
SD.IS