CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

donut derelicts

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-09, 10:29 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default donut derelicts

Any members interested in going to the donut derelicts car show that is held every Saturday morning in Huntington Beach? There are all kinds of cars that show up from hot rods to Ferarri's. I take my F over once in awhile and hang out and check out the several hundred cars that show up.

The bad news is that the meet begins around 5AM, and ends around 9AM. Check out the link below, I would love to have some ClubLexus members join me and show off our cars.

http://www.donutderelicts.com/
Old 08-29-09, 11:09 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

is this different from the cars and coffee meet in the early mornings? and hopefully there's a lot less ricers showing up
Old 08-29-09, 11:32 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cbrasian
is this different from the cars and coffee meet in the early mornings? and hopefully there's a lot less ricers showing up
I am not sure about the cars and coffee as to where it is held.

This show is in HB at the intersection of Magnolia and Adams. I have not seen many ricers at all. But definitely imports show up BMW, Lexus, MB, others, and a lot of hot rods.
Old 08-29-09, 11:44 AM
HellFish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are the donuts?
Old 08-29-09, 02:45 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

heres a link for the c&c meet in irvine sat morning http://cars-and-coffee.com/location.html
Old 08-29-09, 04:12 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

i kno this meet, its mostly older fellows w/ their hot rods and stuff. it is actually at the block right next to where i live lol, like.. half a mile away? i would go more often but i like to sleep in on saturday mornings =\

yes it is different than cars and coffee, thats in irvine, this one is just at a parking lot area where there is a donut shop, zubies, goodwill, ace hardware, laundry matt and a few other things. um... idk if its right to say hundreds of cars show up? don't think that many cars can fit in there. i don't really fit in... they'd look at me and my car and be like... looks its an asian ricer hahaha

Last edited by xuningshen; 08-29-09 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-29-09, 06:18 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
i kno this meet, its mostly older fellows w/ their hot rods and stuff. it is actually at the block right next to where i live lol, like.. half a mile away? i would go more often but i like to sleep in on saturday mornings =\

yes it is different than cars and coffee, thats in irvine, this one is just at a parking lot area where there is a donut shop, zubies, goodwill, ace hardware, laundry matt and a few other things. um... idk if its right to say hundreds of cars show up? don't think that many cars can fit in there. i don't really fit in... they'd look at me and my car and be like... looks its an asian ricer hahaha
Must be why I and my F fit in. I'm old, and the F is a hot rod.

As far as the number of cars, I have never bothered to count but the parking lot is packed with cars. It is a fun, low key kind of place with good donuts, and no problems.
Old 08-30-09, 12:20 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

don't get me wrong, i love hot rods.... My cousin built a rat rod that he's brought there with his dad quite a few times. i helped some welding on the body and welded the mount for the gas tank.

i've never really considered the F a hot rod.. i guess since it has a V-8 you consider it one? yea i can see that actually its a different way to look at it. but agreed, it is a very nice place to go. i'd just walk on over since its so close so i don't have to be embarrassed being stared at like why are u bringing your car here lmao
Old 08-30-09, 10:48 AM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Their website seems like they are only into muscle cars.
Old 08-30-09, 10:50 AM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

I think it's too bad you feel that way, and would love to have you park your 350 next to the F. I too live near by, not walking distance but about 5 min away.

The last time I was there I parked the F next to a CTS-V, and S2000 Honda, there were many imports and I for one felt great having our cars there. I had many people come up and ask me about the F when I was next to it but I spent most of the time walking around looking at the other cars.
Old 09-01-09, 11:00 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

hmmm in that case maybe i might have to stop by again and check it out.... maybeee this saturday.... just maybe
Old 09-01-09, 01:00 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

I thought this thread was going to be about some disgruntled cops...
Old 09-01-09, 02:11 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

when i went there was alot of hot rods. but still fun never the less
Old 09-01-09, 07:01 PM
hwy1isf
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xuningshen
hmmm in that case maybe i might have to stop by again and check it out.... maybeee this saturday.... just maybe
If you decide to go let me know and I'll clean up the F and join you.
Old 09-02-09, 12:31 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

That meet is no comparison to Cars and Coffee Irvine

Quick Reply: donut derelicts