CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Exhaust Ticket...help =/

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-09, 11:07 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust Ticket...help =/

So heres how the story goes.

My car has been in my garage for 5 weeks as i put on my DaveH T61 Kit. Just finished my custom exhaust today.

was cruisin on the street was not going fast until i found a nice open area at a adequite time and i gave it some gas. I boosted then blew off.

Next thing you know Glendale Police is on my *** hole. He says i hear ur BOV and do u have a turbo? I reply with honesty...He said i made an illegal U-Turn, was Speeding, exhaust is loud too.

So i got a

27151(a) CVC Exhaust Mod.

****One thing to to understand. His partner that showed up after he had pulled me over asked him a question before i drove off****

Partner said: "Are u sending him to the state ref?"

And my officer that pulled me over replied: "No, i am not"

So i know for sure and plus the ticket just says NON-Correctable 27151(a) CVC

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT PEOPLE?? Help me out this sucks ***** i just took out the car less than 24 hours ago.

****in hate gdale police
Old 07-31-09, 11:51 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Sounds to me like you the cop was nice and let you off easy for not giving you a ref ticket.

A non correctable ticket is just going to court and paying the fine which is a lot easier to deal with.
Old 08-01-09, 12:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Sounds to me like you the cop was nice and let you off easy for not giving you a ref ticket.

A non correctable ticket is just going to court and paying the fine which is a lot easier to deal with.
agree, that seems like a nice cop already, sending you to ref would be a lot more pain. wait for the ticket and pay
Old 08-01-09, 12:23 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much would the fine be?
Old 08-01-09, 12:24 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

seconded, he made his monies and you don't have to fix anything lol.

could have been worse.
Old 08-01-09, 12:28 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
how much would the fine be?
a year ago it was $117 in LA county, but the price has probably gone up even more now.
Old 08-01-09, 12:32 AM
Monkey250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take the car to the sheriff's station during lunch time. That way you can avoid the $10 or however much they charge for the inspection at the police station. I also noticed that there is usually 1 deputy that is working during lunch. He was in a rush, he signed my exhaust ticket from afar. Meaning he stepped out the door and said "is that your car park over there"? I said yes, he signed the ticket and I was on my way.

You're very luck you didnt get the state ref ticket. That would have been over for your car. Full inspection of your car plus its like $250 for them to inspect it or what i last heard.
Old 08-01-09, 02:02 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

not necessarily, that's if htey ask for a full BAR Rref, if you just get an exhaust ref you just have to rev for them and they measure to make sure its <95dbi.
Old 08-01-09, 02:23 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

a year ago it was $117 in LA county, but the price has probably gone up even more now.
Think it's $126 today
Old 08-01-09, 09:26 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkey250
I would take the car to the sheriff's station during lunch time. That way you can avoid the $10 or however much they charge for the inspection at the police station. I also noticed that there is usually 1 deputy that is working during lunch. He was in a rush, he signed my exhaust ticket from afar. Meaning he stepped out the door and said "is that your car park over there"? I said yes, he signed the ticket and I was on my way.

You're very luck you didnt get the state ref ticket. That would have been over for your car. Full inspection of your car plus its like $250 for them to inspect it or what i last heard.

Absolutely do not take the car to the sheriff's station. Wait for the fine and pay it, then you're done.
Old 08-01-09, 09:38 AM
Monkey250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by link13
Absolutely do not take the car to the sheriff's station. Wait for the fine and pay it, then you're done.
oh crap, i didnt see the part where it said non correctable. dont go to the sheriff's!
Old 08-01-09, 10:35 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
agree, that seems like a nice cop already, sending you to ref would be a lot more pain. wait for the ticket and pay

pay it and move on. it's unfortunate this has occurred to you, when it did. however, lesson learned: dont cruise in glendale and/or just be a bit more careful when doing so or when testing your new exhaust.
FYR, glendale is quite the profitable city. City employees are paid well, quite well, as well are their peace officers. Fines are pretty hefty over yonder.

lucky he didnt pop your hood, pull you out of the car, etc.
GL!
Old 08-01-09, 11:16 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys!!!!!

Thanks for great responses...i feel a lot safer now.

Yeah basically it goes down like this.

He wrote non-correctable because he knew if i took my car to get it fixed they would stab me for hte turbo...bov...illegal smog...and all that **** and my car wudda be DONE for.

He was very nice for letting me off the speeding ticket (he said i jsut had one not too long ago so he didn't wanna give it to me again), and also let me off a illegal U-turn because i was very nice with him.

Man i just realized i DODGED A BULLET.

Im just gunna pay the fine...keep the exhaust on...and put my silencers as gay as it looks. At this point i dont care if it looks gay or silencers are for "noobs" w/e the hell u wanna say. It all matters if someone wants to race

ANyways thanks guys again for the help....i'll take the care today to PCH and enjoy it for a while..although my clutch is slippin like a bitc!
Old 08-08-09, 12:11 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

There is no reason to ever get an exhaust ticket.
Check out this forum site and see that you can beat exhaust tickets with the proper knowledge.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496087
Old 08-08-09, 02:16 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1KhpWrx
There is no reason to ever get an exhaust ticket.
Check out this forum site and see that you can beat exhaust tickets with the proper knowledge.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496087
Maybe in their neck of the woods, but his "method" doesn't hold water in SoCal. It says right in the veh. code that the cop doesn't have to measure the noise. It is his perception of noise.

If you pull dat shizle around here, the judge will be like, " OK.. you don't think it's an illegal exhaust?" No sir, I believe it to be within the law. So judges, says, " Ok.. I will extend your court date and you will be required to submit to an inspection at the State BAR."

Not you go and get it tested, have to pay the fee's, and have a 50/50 chance that the can will blow under the limit. But he will not only be looking at the can. Your hood will be popped.. Go ahead and have an intake or BOV. God help you if you turbo'ed it or have fuel rails or anything. Then your reg will be revoked until yo fix it.