CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

fog light ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-09, 02:30 PM
john_papa
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog light ticket.

i got a ticket a month ago and finaly the ticket came in the mail that saying that i have to pay 160 dollars. isnt this suppose to be just a fix ticket. the cop said that my foglight is too blue. i have a 6k. please help. wat should i do. i know its suppose to be a fix ticket. its at cerritos area
Old 07-28-09, 04:14 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

damn....6K is too blue ?? what a pain in the butt....

sorry you got a ticket man, that's just suck.

i think it's just a fix ticket. just take out the 6000K and put the stock back, get it signed then put 6000K back again...
Old 07-28-09, 04:27 PM
angmedic91
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by john_papa
i got a ticket a month ago and finaly the ticket came in the mail that saying that i have to pay 160 dollars. isnt this suppose to be just a fix ticket. the cop said that my foglight is too blue. i have a 6k. please help. wat should i do. i know its suppose to be a fix ticket. its at cerritos area
Most fix it tickets come with a fee now. I remember in the days, that window tint violations or being to low was a fix it ticket without any fees. Use to just have to take it to any law enforcement official and they check that you corrected the violation, they signed the ticket and then you would send the ticket to the court. Nowadays, that same violation now carry fees along with getting it corrected. I don't know if it varies by county or if its a state thing as far as the fees that are imposed on fix it violations. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Since the state and counties are hurting for money, they will find anyway to recoup money lost to them. It sucks......
Old 07-28-09, 04:37 PM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

what city did you get the ticket in? i remember in HB i was chilling at a signal around 1-2 in the morning and a cop was also there in front of me..... the signal was being lame and took forever to change, he didn't bug me =\ i was sweating tho i had just gotten my HID fogs
Old 07-28-09, 04:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you have to wait for your ticket to come?! in your original ticket, did the officer check the box that says "correctable"? if so, then you just need to fix it, bring that ticket to chp or a cop to sign off (at the back of ticket i believe), and then mail it in together with the fee, which is like 10 or 20 bucks

if you don't get it fixed within the fixed period, then they will issue an official ticket with a higher amount.

i wonder if that's what you are getting? things could have changed, but last time my wife got a front place fix ticket, we just put on the plate and bring it to chp, signed that same ticket and mailed it in
Old 07-28-09, 05:12 PM
john_papa
Pit Crew

ow the cop puts no on the correctional box. and yeah i got it from the mail saying 160 dollars
Old 07-28-09, 05:12 PM
john_papa
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by masboy
damn....6K is too blue ?? what a pain in the butt....

sorry you got a ticket man, that's just suck.

i think it's just a fix ticket. just take out the 6000K and put the stock back, get it signed then put 6000K back again...
yup the cop is an ***. and i have a blue pearl mica gs300
Old 07-28-09, 05:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by john_papa
ow the cop puts no on the correctional box. and yeah i got it from the mail saying 160 dollars
if he says no on correctional box, then it's not a fix ticket
Old 07-28-09, 05:46 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

fight the ticket...insane $160 bucks for something you can just put your old bulbs in?...damn
Old 07-28-09, 06:43 PM
sanguine
Rookie

this is my first time of hearing someone get a ticket for fog lights, i hope this doesn't become a habit.
Old 07-28-09, 07:12 PM
john_papa
Pit Crew

alright. thanks guys for the info. thats what i was thingking how come he puts "no" and i could easily change it. he's dumb and stupid. well i will be fighting the ticket
Old 07-28-09, 07:34 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sanguine
this is my first time of hearing someone get a ticket for fog lights, i hope this doesn't become a habit.
i wouldnt be surprised to hear more of these ridiculous citations. someone with an accord got a citation for replacing his Accord emblem with an Inspire emblem.
Old 07-28-09, 11:07 PM
Stormwind
Racer

the state needs the money and the modders are easy money for them...my registration fee went up almost 100 bucks compared to last year and they are just finding new ways to milk more money from the people
Old 07-29-09, 02:02 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never stray from the "Lexus Yellow".
Old 07-29-09, 11:19 AM
AceM3
Driver

Hey Bud

File for a court date, and ask the judge to switch it to correctable,

then mail it in

or... um did you admit to altering the Lighting? Hope Not...

Quick Reply: fog light ticket.