CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

rant! longo lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-09, 06:00 PM
silvrdakrt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rant! longo lexus

Well I dropped off My Is Friday morning for the recalls Detailed it Thursday night I got it back today and Its got a lot Bird sh%t and dusty. Somebody half assed wash it because it covered with water spots. Now i got spend another afternoon cleaning it.
Old 05-07-09, 07:06 PM
ankurman20
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks... I also had a similar experience with Longo Lexus. I went a few months ago for my 6 month complimentary services and because when the first time i went they washed my car all crappy i SPECIFICALLY told the guy who took my car in to NOT wash the car this time because I didn't like the way they washed. So after the services was over they called my name and when i went out to get my car i saw water on it... I was soo pissed offf...
Old 05-07-09, 09:50 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What I learned from reading all these rants:

Step 1) Get a piece of paper
2) Write "DO NOT WASH" in both English and Spanish on it
3) Tape it to the steering wheel
4) ???
5) Profit
Old 05-08-09, 08:37 AM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

i laugh at the fact that you still drove off knowing that you car came back worse then what it was when you left it. i would like to know why you didn't walk out to see your car before you signed off on it?
Old 05-08-09, 08:51 AM
vistorQ
Pole Position

well...first of all good point ^.... i had the same thing happen to me ,kinda, only they didn't wash my car but they did let it sit outside and got a bunch of greasy hand prints on it.. i was heated because i just spit shined the damn thing before it went in. so when i went inside all red faced they were like" your car is too low to run through our wash system" i was like " i did buy a lexus ,right?" and proceed to point out them in there fancy glass lobby that one of the things you pay for when you drop cash on a lex is customer service. after i ripped the service manager a new one, i stormed off and told them out loud that iwas going to glendale from now on.......before i even got a block away the Head honcho called and said she would send a flat bed to get my car and have it detailed and braught back to where ever i was. of course NO way was i going to let that happen. but u better believe my car is shinny hand washed when it comes out of there service center from now on....
moral of this long garbage story.....its your car and you are paying them...MAKE them do it right..the end
Old 05-08-09, 10:39 AM
EvoIS
Rookie

Knowing your gonna take it in for service, Just don't wash/detail your car before you take it in
Old 05-08-09, 10:53 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Telling the dealer to wash your car is inviting swirls to permeate throughout your car. I don't go as far as the sign in the car, but I tell the valet guy, he puts the hat on and I reiterate it to my service adviser. They washed it once, I complained and they never did it again. I think I'm in the system as a never wash
Old 05-08-09, 11:12 AM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

i'm with allen. never let the dealer wash the car.
Old 05-08-09, 12:19 PM
lexus5703
Driver

Originally Posted by vistorQ
well...first of all good point ^.... i had the same thing happen to me ,kinda, only they didn't wash my car but they did let it sit outside and got a bunch of greasy hand prints on it.. i was heated because i just spit shined the damn thing before it went in. so when i went inside all red faced they were like" your car is too low to run through our wash system" i was like " i did buy a lexus ,right?" and proceed to point out them in there fancy glass lobby that one of the things you pay for when you drop cash on a lex is customer service. after i ripped the service manager a new one, i stormed off and told them out loud that iwas going to glendale from now on.......before i even got a block away the Head honcho called and said she would send a flat bed to get my car and have it detailed and braught back to where ever i was. of course NO way was i going to let that happen. but u better believe my car is shinny hand washed when it comes out of there service center from now on....
moral of this long garbage story.....its your car and you are paying them...MAKE them do it right..the end
I like your style I've had my negative experiences with Westminister and once you make your point..suddenly, everything comes out so much nicer everytime.
Old 05-08-09, 07:32 PM
Peter_95
Lexus Champion

that is why, when you take your car to the dealer ship, do not let them wash your car.!
Old 05-09-09, 12:46 AM
vistorQ
Pole Position

F that when i own a lexus u better hand wash that MUG if i tell you too, or i would have baughta honda or toyota. i am paying for customer service that is part of their sales pitch...so NO WAY am going to say "oh just don't wash it if you can't do it right"...hell no..
"DO IT RIGHT PERIOD" ..... or i will go to a dealer that will . grow some ***** and tell the dealer what is what....
Old 05-09-09, 01:06 AM
archie
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am in the same boat, but as soon as it comes up in the computer line 1 is a DO NOT WASH in the biggest font their system will allow. I prefer to wash my car myself, even though it is white and hides swirls well. I agree that we are paying for customer service, but i believe them transfering golf clubs from my car to the loaner and back customer service. For me the wash is a bonus, however i am really **** about what soap, wash media, and towels are used on the car along with the way the car is washed, so I save the troubles and do it myself. I know i can bring in the materials i use and have them do it, but it is too much of a hassle to log two buckets, 6 wash mitts, 15 waffle weave towels, and about 30 microfiber towels, plus all the materials i use just to have them wash the car. The line has to be drawn somewhere, and for me lugging all the stuff there for a free wash seems pointless in my eyes.
Old 05-09-09, 08:08 AM
vistorQ
Pole Position

i never let them touch my golf clubs... ill do that my self.. but for damn sure i better not see any grease prints on my ride when i roll out the longo gates...
Old 05-09-09, 10:42 AM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, FIRST of all don't bring your car to a dealership on a Friday for warranty work and expect everything to come out ****. The people that work at dealerships hate that so don't pour all your warranty work on them on a Friday.
Old 05-09-09, 11:41 AM
vistorQ
Pole Position

its funny that you would trust them to do your brakes, fuel rails, or any other thing mech wise on your car but won't let them wash it.....if you let them get away with being lazy about washing how about getting lazy about things that really matter....
no excuses .they should do it ALL...NO matter what day of the week. and if let them slip on it its your BAD.

Quick Reply: rant! longo lexus