CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Another Victim of the Recession: Active Boardshop

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-09, 12:24 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, but I might've missed something.. who's Active Ride Shop and what do they sell ?
Simply a sad news to hear anyone's filing bankrup' or close out biz.
Old 03-26-09, 12:26 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay
Sorry, but I might've missed something.. who's Active Ride Shop and what do they sell ?
Simply a sad news to hear anyone's filing bankrup' or close out biz.
skateboards, skate fashion, snowboards etc
Old 03-26-09, 09:54 PM
nnnickkk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Personally, being part of that skate-surf subculture, I think the Nordstrom prices that they are charging for clothes are ridiculous. They fail to differentiate between rich trendy kids who can afford 30 dollar t-shirts and those that started the scene in the first place. I think one of the reason some of these brands are failing (best example is Quiksilver) is that they have been trying to hard and alienate themselves from those that are at the core of the scene. None of those high prices were around when I used to skate back about 10 years ago.

Anybody who lives in coastal Orange County knows better and buys their stuff direct at warehouse sales that goes on every other season around Costa Mesa. I have been shopping at the RVCA sales for ages and have never spent more than $12 per shirt or $10 per hat
obey, hurley, rvca, paul frank, sole-tek, analog, special blend, foursquare.....all those warehouse sales ftw!
Old 03-27-09, 05:24 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Personally, being part of that skate-surf subculture, I think the Nordstrom prices that they are charging for clothes are ridiculous. They fail to differentiate between rich trendy kids who can afford 30 dollar t-shirts and those that started the scene in the first place. I think one of the reason some of these brands are failing (best example is Quiksilver) is that they have been trying to hard and alienate themselves from those that are at the core of the scene. None of those high prices were around when I used to skate back about 10 years ago.

Anybody who lives in coastal Orange County knows better and buys their stuff direct at warehouse sales that goes on every other season around Costa Mesa. I have been shopping at the RVCA sales for ages and have never spent more than $12 per shirt or $10 per hat
...True Dat
Old 03-27-09, 06:13 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I use to buy Volcom from the Volcom warehouse sale until they went corporate and stopped doing it. I started wearing RVCA after that happened. If RVCA follows the footsteps of Volcom and stops having warehouse sales, there are other growing companies around Costa Mesa / Newport.
Old 03-28-09, 09:18 AM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna have to look into getting a new longboard