CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

San Gabriel shooting

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-09, 12:40 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Gran Torino hyped the honda sterotype.
Old 02-07-09, 12:42 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

if this is gang related, im surprised this still happens over there. i remember a long while back when i used to go cafe hopping with friends that some cafes were not safe since every knew the gangsters hung out there.
Old 02-07-09, 04:00 AM
gs300jh
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeahh bunch of my friends went to eat today in SGV and both of their cars got followed by gang unit and pulled over right before they hopped on to the 10 fwy.. dey said that their car matched the discription and yadada dey seached dem in the rainn and stuff.. it was an RSX and a INTEGRA... it was messed up cause dey put my friends little girl and his pregnant girlfriend in the cop car while dey were searching the car.. then after awhile they left them goo.. and jst said their car matches some describtion from the shooting which is bullshiet...
Old 02-07-09, 10:21 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Lets all get M1 Garands and a 1911 to protect ourselves from Gang members like Grand Torino =]

Placed my order for my M1 Garand last week should be here in 2 months or so! hehe
Old 02-07-09, 10:49 AM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Damn this really sucks. Everyone's a suspect until they catch those bastards. Just try not to make any eye contacts, yes even with fellow Lexus drivers. You never know, and you cant never be more careful. I know i'm not going to hang out around the 626 for a long while.
Old 02-07-09, 12:05 PM
Do.Man
Pole Position

dang....there goes one kick it spot.=/
but this definitely sucks.
Old 02-07-09, 12:34 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

did everyone suddenly come down with the "chicken little" syndrome?

now, i'm sorry to hear about people getting harassed by the cops because of the shooting, and i think it's unfair to those totally unrelated to what happened. but just because the apple fell from the tree doesn't mean that the sky is falling. i mean, let's exercise some common sense, here.

now i understand a major cause for concern if there was beef between two rival gangs and that people have been getting gunned down left and right, but so far this has proven to be an isolated incident. no need to blow things out of proportion by suggesting that this stuff goes down on a daily/nightly basis.
Old 02-07-09, 08:00 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sad to hear about these things going on since I live so close in Alhambra. I remember hearing a bunch of police and ambulance sirens last night so that might have been it. Be safe out there everyone.
Old 02-08-09, 01:27 PM
StayBroke
Driver

Originally Posted by SlowNShow
LOL... apparently now, all the "thugs" or "gangsters" drive black modded 2GS !!! ahahaha, messed up man, messed up!
Yep we sure do... And I still have my civic, so i must be an OG since i own a civic and a 2ndGenGS, LOL

P.S. When my homie bought his 2ndGen on some BS chrome, it was tinted so dark that we thought O-Dog was in there...
Old 02-08-09, 08:45 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

damn, sounds just like the "asian task force" back when i was in high school.
Old 02-09-09, 04:39 AM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

+1 pulled over in wesco for this *******t... where did this happen exactly? cop said it was related to the shooting... did they get a tip that it was a black GS or what?!!! gang unit gave me such a hard time cause i wouldn't let them take photos if my tattoos. so they tore apart my car for 45 minutes while i sat in the wet sidewalk. didn't even want to eat afterwards. this is bull****.... feels like high school all over again.
Old 02-09-09, 06:51 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pingu
Maybe Gran Torino hyped the honda sterotype.
I was just thinking that, picturing the white four door civic with the huge wing on that back.
Old 02-11-09, 12:34 PM
jay@statik
Former Vendor

I think you guys are being paranoid. 5-6 years ago thing was much worse in the SGV....There's other worst place in LAC like the jungle, south central LA and boyle hts. SGV isn't all that bad as you think, just some occasion thing like this happen.

The cops will harass you whenever they want. I got pulled over so many time before. I'd a fixed Integra back then.

Even at the club I got pulled out along with my date because I was "Asian", supposedly the night before someone got stabbed so that night the G-unit was pulling out any "suspicious looking" Asian and profiling them even if you didn't do anything wrong. I was put on the list and taken picture since I had tattoos, they let me back in but it was stupid. You can't even tell them no or else they lock you up. No rights what so ever ....Now I'm on their record. I felt like a criminal and my date was so worry it was just stupid...

Ohh well that's the price to live in LA
Old 02-11-09, 01:01 PM
maying856
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks, it sounds like driving while asian in that area is gonna cost us, hopefully everything will be cleared soon. I wonder if theyll pull me over.....yikes!
Old 02-13-09, 07:09 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jay@statik

The cops will harass you whenever they want. I got pulled over so many time before. I'd a fixed Integra back then.

Ohh well that's the price to live in LA
Haha I have a fixed up integra and the IS...mmmm risky. Haha cops leave me alone though-- a few years ago they gave my car more attention, but nowadays they don't seem to care.

Quick Reply: San Gabriel shooting