CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

What's going on with Backyard Creations?

Old 02-02-09, 10:19 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sirblinks
well brandon supposed to be his right hand man. i guess he doesn't know what he's doing?
I dont know Joe personally, but I have seen his work and it is outstanding.

I can fully understand your frustration. You hold any business to certain structured standards of professionalism and follow through and thats reasonable.

I can honestly say that when you transition over to the automotive world, things are a little different than in corporate sector (I was in corporate sector for over 10years before starting D2). Joe seems to be the master at his craft and its tough to train a wingman or manager on the fly (and still tend to day to day operations). Add to this a couple family tragedy's and then things can get off track.

I'm not attempting to belittle your issue, or defend anyone, just giving some honest input. I have 2 small children and my son had to stay in the hospital for 4 extra days after being born because he was jaundiced. It was the most frustrating, heart wrenching 4days of my life. I can only imagine what Joe is going through.

When he pulls through this (I have faith, so I say "when" not "if"), he will hopefully look back at this time, and put some systems in place to avoid these issues in the future.
Old 02-02-09, 10:28 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

when i said " i guess he doesn't know what he's doing" i was referring to Brandon not joe. i have no doubt JOe knows his work and he does good work cuz ive seen it done before. haha i just wish it was on my car.
Old 02-03-09, 01:35 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I met Joe earlier tonight at the 24hr fitness at Arcadia and he is a good friend of mine...I haven't seen him recently at the gym so I went to find out what was going on...and it's pretty sad...he looked all stressed out cuz his baby came prematurely and he's been in the hospital with his wife for the past 2 months...the baby is still in the hospital's care so he knows that he hasn't really been paying attention to his business and he was thinking about closing down for 2-3 months until he and his whole family are healthy...I for one know that family is wayyyyyyyyyy more important that anything else at this point. What's the point of making a lot of money and then your health goes out the window and you die early? So I just wanted to give you guys a heads up...Joe is a quiet guy and he usually is very honest but he's going through tough times right now so hopefully you guys understand...
Old 02-03-09, 03:58 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sirblinks
when i said " i guess he doesn't know what he's doing" i was referring to Brandon not joe. i have no doubt JOe knows his work and he does good work cuz ive seen it done before. haha i just wish it was on my car.
Yeah, I know you meant Brandon, but I was just saying Brandon will only know what he is trained.

Hopefully next time Joe can put better systems in place after this learning experience. Tough times have a way of teaching us lessons! I know that's my experience!
Old 02-03-09, 08:52 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pingu
I still do not believe that is a way to run any business. Sounds like he needs a manager or someone there to run their day to day operations instead of using his personal cell phone as a business line.

After hearing all of this bs, I am glad my GF did not use his shop.
Did you read my post? Finding and hiring a manager takes TIME.
TIME is the issue for Joe right now. He doesn't have any.

The shop is still open & running, but they are not looking to take-on more work at this time.

Seriously... I would usually be a bit more diplomatic about this, but...
You must be either: a) out of your mind b) have nobody you care about more than your career, or c) you just can't read!

Personally, I would throw myself in harm's way to help my family.
He should walk away from his family to paint your GF's bumper?

Lunacy!
Old 02-06-09, 05:58 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I met Joe earlier tonight at the 24hr fitness at Arcadia and he is a good friend of mine...I haven't seen him recently at the gym so I went to find out what was going on...and it's pretty sad...he looked all stressed out cuz his baby came prematurely and he's been in the hospital with his wife for the past 2 months...the baby is still in the hospital's care so he knows that he hasn't really been paying attention to his business and he was thinking about closing down for 2-3 months until he and his whole family are healthy...I for one know that family is wayyyyyyyyyy more important that anything else at this point. What's the point of making a lot of money and then your health goes out the window and you die early? So I just wanted to give you guys a heads up...Joe is a quiet guy and he usually is very honest but he's going through tough times right now so hopefully you guys understand...
I hope nothing but the best for Joe. If anyone else talks to him, tell him the whole CL community is pulling for him so we can send him some business!
Old 02-06-09, 06:08 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Did you read my post? Finding and hiring a manager takes TIME.
TIME is the issue for Joe right now. He doesn't have any.

The shop is still open & running, but they are not looking to take-on more work at this time.

Seriously... I would usually be a bit more diplomatic about this, but...
You must be either: a) out of your mind b) have nobody you care about more than your career, or c) you just can't read!

Personally, I would throw myself in harm's way to help my family.
He should walk away from his family to paint your GF's bumper?

Lunacy!
I am not the only one with concerns. It seems like you have not read the rest of the thread. I can have my opinion about the situation and from what I have seen he should be trying to fix his business rather than going to the gym. If I made priorities and commitments I would be trying to make good on them.

Everyone has problems. You make it seem like he is the only one who has to deal with things.

I called him last year to see if I could get an estimate and a quote even before his problems. He never returned my phone calls. That kind of business ethic is pure crap. I went else where.

I could care less what you think.
Old 02-06-09, 11:50 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pingu
I am not the only one with concerns. It seems like you have not read the rest of the thread. I can have my opinion about the situation and from what I have seen he should be trying to fix his business rather than going to the gym. If I made priorities and commitments I would be trying to make good on them.

Everyone has problems. You make it seem like he is the only one who has to deal with things.

I called him last year to see if I could get an estimate and a quote even before his problems. He never returned my phone calls. That kind of business ethic is pure crap. I went else where.

I could care less what you think.
Before his problems? How would you know when the issues arose, or to what extent they have multiplied? Joe's father's health issues have been ongoing, for well over a year. He has been back and forth to the Phillipines several times to try to address the issues and help his family get their business situated.

Yes, you're right, a good stress-reliever is to go back to the office and return phone calls from people like you. Blowing off steam at the gym is evil, and nobody should go until your business is handled.

Like I said, they're not looking to take-on any new business, so I'm not sure why it matters to you. Adios.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-07-09 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-07-09, 12:16 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCalSC4
Before his problems? How would you know when the issues arose, or to what extent they have multiplied? Joe's father's health issues have been ongoing, for well over a year. He has been back and forth to the Phillipines several times to try to address the issues and help his family get their business situated.

Yes, you're right, a good stress-reliever is to go back to the office and return phone calls from a-holes like you. Blowing off steam at the gym is evil, and nobody should go until your business is handled.

Like I said, they're not looking to take-on any new business, so I'm not sure why it matters to you. Adios.
At least I am civil enough not to stoop down to your level and call people names.
Old 02-07-09, 07:31 AM
solo_stage
Lead Lap

You guys are just arguing in circles now... How about if one of you guys, when you get in touch with Joe, just let him know that Pingu REALLY needs to know the status of his insurance check.. and then relay the message back to him. Because i guess he needs his car fixed as well u know? That shouldn't be TOO much to ask, just to get the insurance check back out.

and then in return you can leave joe alone for awhle and stop bashing on him because family problems are very difficult to deal with especially during hard times like this.
Old 02-13-09, 01:44 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any updates on Backyard? Was gonna try to take my car there to shave my rear fenders, but afraid Joe's assistant would mess it up. Any advice?
Old 02-13-09, 09:52 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Ok, Mr. 8 posts (all bashing backyard). Now, you're making accusations of insurance fraud and slandering the business. Mods, please close this thread.
Old 02-13-09, 11:11 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha nice 8 post ha ha ha. but sadly, it's true, joe did the same with my car back then. I'm still waiting for my black chrome door handles he promised me.
Old 02-13-09, 10:43 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Yes, insulting people who have had GOOD experiences at Backyard will solve the problem. Fantastic logic.

Didn't you cut & paste this story from your thread on the BMW board?

Do what you have to do legally, I'm over it. Probably could have helped you with this, but given your attitude and insults to the ClubLexus members... I guess not.

Nothing personal... right?

Old 02-13-09, 11:07 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
Mods, please close this thread.

there's evidently an apparent general consensus about Backyard and the OP's inquiry has been well-replied; from both sides of the spectrum.

At this point, the thread is going nowhere.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's going on with Backyard Creations?