CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Where do you get your car serviced? Provide your experience.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 10:33 PM
akito
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do you get your car serviced? Provide your experience.

Hey guys. How’s it going I’d like to make a thread and have everyone provide input about where they take their car for service and what their experience is like. Please provide names of Service Consultants/Managers you recommend, so that in the future anyone who brings their car to a certain dealer will have an enjoyable experience that will make them bring their car back.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Lexus of Westminster Service 9/29/08 – Charlie Sarno/Jorge B.
Took the car in today for my first 5k mi complimentary service. I’ve heard horror stories here and there but I felt otherwise. Went in and got great service, practically went thru a few items on the list to make sure there wasn’t anything wrong and if I needed anything else checked since my last semi-service at Glendale. After oil change was complete I inquired about the F-sport sway bar install and I must say it was pretty cheap. I was obliterated by the pricing, considering I was expecting it to be like 300$ yet it was 1/3 of the price. Install was clean and successful not to mention I was able to get a look, take some pictures which I will post here. Overall service here is amazing and mod-friendly if talking to the right guys. If you come here and because it’s local to you, make sure you hit up Charlie or Jorge as they are both willing to make sure things are done right.

Lexus of Glendale 8/18/08 – Chris Bosque
Among all my service visits, this dealer would be the one I would love to take my car to all the time however it is a bit out of my way. The service provided by LoG was just an exceptional experience. Service here is really helpful and they make sure you are well taken care of. Anyone in the service dept. will do, not to mention world class service as expected. Although anyone will do, Chris here was very very helpful, not to mention nonetheless one of the coolest service advisors I’ve ever had among any dealership. Not only was he one of the “tuner” guys, he had made sure that I was well received when I dropped off my car. We went thru a long list of things to be covered as I thought I may have been having problems with the car, but he made sure to even take it to his local mechanic he usually takes his car to as a just in case to have a 3rd party view it aside from the master mech at LoG. They have a plethora of loaner cars, although this may be far it’s worth the service. Received a loaner car from them and got the IS-F as my loaner which was amazing and fun to drive but a gas killer. Overall service at Glendale was exceptional, probably one of the best experiences by far.

Longo Lexus [El Monte] 7/28/08 – Jim Palmer
Continuation of my first service. After the horrible experience took my car to Longo to redo my LPS settings. Awesome service was provided and not to mention their cookies were pretty damn good. No complaints here about this place because they exceeded my expectations and provided the best service possible.

Lexus of Cerritos – 7/28/08

I took my car here after my first 1000 mi so that I can get personalization settings done. I had read up on the forums that you can turn of DRLs and requested them off. However Cerritos was not being helpful and declined. Not to mention they said it would take about 30 minutes for LPS to be done yet it took almost 2 hours. Wasted my time there and started driving off to Longo.

Last edited by akito; 09-29-08 at 10:58 PM.
Old 09-29-08, 11:26 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You got an IS-F Loaner! OMG
I'm going there for my 15k with warranty work (TSB)
Sounds good!

Good reviews
Old 09-30-08, 11:30 AM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i take my car to Lexus of Carlsbad...

they bend backwards to keep you happy
Old 09-30-08, 12:23 PM
jayy178
Rookie

do most lexus dealers give loaner cars for oil changes and TSIB type work that takes several hours ?
Old 09-30-08, 10:19 PM
XhyDra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayy178
do most lexus dealers give loaner cars for oil changes and TSIB type work that takes several hours ?
Some do, it depends on what TSB work needs to be done, I want them to fix some stuff that's been bugging me lately, and the last time I went to a near by dealership they told me that it would take a while so they'll give me a loaner for the day. So I'm guessing it depends on how long the work takes and how much you're willing to wait.

IS-F Loaner here I come
Old 09-30-08, 11:49 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

for my 5k and 15k i went to santa monica lexus for service. too far out of my way, and the service was pretty much no-frills. i can't remember my service advisor's name either. both times they gave me loaners, but only because i drove halfway across LA county to do so. got my brake TSIB done there.

for my 30k i went to lexus of westminster. charlie sarno took care of me. went over everything for the 30k scheduled, checked my brakes and highly recommended a brake job all around (my pads were way thin, and i needed new rotors). i had an issue w/ the driver's side seat belt mechanism in the b-pillar, so i brought it back a few weeks later. did the repairs, and even detailed my interior. both times, i left happy.

recently i had to take my 2is in for the cold start-up grinding noise TSIB, and i went to longo. despite my concerns, eddie diaz took care of me and even got me into a 2is loaner. kept me updated, and got my car back to me on the promised date. armando carlos is his associate, and he come recommended as well.
Old 10-07-08, 02:40 PM
jayy178
Rookie

cool. im going into the southbay lexus this week to get the TSIB brake job done and 20K oil change..they told me theyd give me a loaner...
Old 10-08-08, 01:28 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats cool that they have a ISF loaner. the dealer i use gives me a loaner for any work i bring there wheter its for warranty work or for regular services and no matter how long or short the job will take. i know that they usually only give out loaners for stuff that takes half a day or more.