CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

To Those That Eat At King Taco

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-08, 08:35 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

do they have good carne asada fries? or is that a san diego thing?
Old 06-18-08, 04:37 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Super Fries" exist at Alberto's and Chano's. Nothing at King Taco that I know of =P
Old 06-18-08, 06:43 PM
Dogmeat
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is all about Carnitas Michoacan near China Town. Still the best carne asada burrito I've ever had. The hot sauce they make is fantastic. Open 24 hours too.
Old 06-25-08, 01:38 AM
Noz
Lead Lap

Anyone go to El Taurino on Hoover and Olympic? I swear they put crack in their meat. I've heard it tastes the same as King Taco but I've never been to one. El Taurino has bombass asada and hot sauce too. They also have good Sopes, Chorizo Tortas, and Tameles too.
Old 06-26-08, 12:22 AM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Noz
Anyone go to El Taurino on Hoover and Olympic? I swear they put crack in their meat. I've heard it tastes the same as King Taco but I've never been to one. El Taurino has bombass asada and hot sauce too. They also have good Sopes, Chorizo Tortas, and Tameles too.
Yep been to that place, tastes the same as King Taco before they went cheap on their meat!
Old 06-26-08, 04:34 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by sr20****
So Im a huge King Taco customer, I use to eat it at least once a week, their hot sauce is awesome. Anyways the past several times the meat tasted different, I thought that I bought it at a bad time and that it was just old meat and not fresh, understandable.

Several weeks later I go back and the meat still taste like sheet and prices went up. Is it just me and my tastebud or are they cutting corners on their quality of meat? So far I've gone to 3 places (Peck, Ramona, Garvey) all 3 has this mysterious new meat, Im going to go to the one on Cheaser Chavez which I think is the OG location and give it one last shot.

If it turns out to be like the other ones then King Taco has lost my business.
Their meat quality was never that great to begin with but I recently ate the the one on Garvey and it tasted the same to me. Maybe you got a bad batch?
Old 06-27-08, 12:12 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mtinez_IS3
yeah i went on saturday night to the one on Garvey... Yum!

the one on garvey in el monte gives you mudd butt! ha ha, i had that moths ago, i was pouring out budd all week!
Old 06-27-08, 12:14 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

you guys need to try the Taco truck on Potrero st...its the street right before backyard. its the best, my best friend whos mexican says he loves it more than king taco! i think we all should have a meet there late and eat tacos..just saying!
Old 06-29-08, 02:59 AM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sirblinks
you guys need to try the Taco truck on Potrero st...its the street right before backyard. its the best, my best friend whos mexican says he loves it more than king taco! i think we all should have a meet there late and eat tacos..just saying!

Loves it more than king taco?? wow i must venture out there one of these nights

are these taco trucks there only on weekends or everynight?
Old 06-29-08, 05:33 PM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
have you guys tried the Taco Truck that's in Pasadena from 5pm till 1-3am? They have some good tacos...heh...I don't think it is King Taco, it is some other one...he parks on fair oaks or arroyo after california and before del mar? heh
yeah its on bellevue an fair oaks, theres a tire shop and they park in there, and yes everything is awesome, even the mexicans rave about this truck. too bad ny doesnt have an roach coaches....
Old 06-29-08, 11:35 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sr20****
Loves it more than king taco?? wow i must venture out there one of these nights

are these taco trucks there only on weekends or everynight?
he's there every day all night...ive actually seen him there around lunch time too when i drive home for lunch...
Old 06-30-08, 03:00 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Noz

El Taurino is owned by King Taco as well. But for some reason when i compare the two, El Taurino taste better.
Old 07-02-08, 10:59 AM
gs eddy
Rookie

I've heard that the El taurino and King Taco owners are brothers.....I guess one's goin down the corporate road... and I agree ^^ El taurino seems more consistent in quality and taste. But if anyone is in Pomona, check out " Taco Jalisco" its across the street from the police station. same area as the courts..... tacos are quality, asada flavor stands out. no hiding flavor behind hot sauce.