CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Need Car Audio Shop

Old 05-10-08, 09:36 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need Car Audio Shop

Ok, so I bought my car over a year ago with a kenwood headunit and an aftermarket amp already installed. The amp installation and wireling looks to be a little shotty, but everything worked fine until last night. Now all I hear are pulses of staticky noise whether the radio is tuned to AM/FM or CD. I no nothing about car audio and am looking for a decent shop in the general Glendale/Pasadena area to repair or possibly replace this. Id really like to get this done asap because Im going on a long road trip in just over a week and would really like the use of my radio. Anyone have any experience with car audio shops in the area?
Old 05-10-08, 10:36 PM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O2 car audio did my custom system and re wire my whole car audio did a very good job and clean...

02 car audio
(626) 350-5000
9558 Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA
Old 05-11-08, 06:20 PM
?uthority
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a place in Irvine, Orange County called Goldstar. A lot of my friends went there to get hooked up. Ask for Jay.

GOLD STAR AUDIO
16500 ASTON ST
IRVINE, CA 92606
(949)752-1446
Old 05-11-08, 08:00 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

I have nothing but great stuff to say about Sightwaves in Eagle Rock, CA. Omar is a huge audiophile and very resourceful (he'll sit back and let you dictate exactly what you want, however i recommend letting them give you the advice). Erick is an A+++ no BS type of guy that knows quality stuff and will tell you like it is (let him know your guidelines and he'll work out something for you).

They carry pretty high end stuff but can pretty much get anythign else. I had my Hertz speakers installed here, they dyno matted my car and did a custom fiberglass install.... the car sounds phenomenal.

fair warning... if you want a fast job you'll have to pay for it.... they are top notch in every category, will tune the sound imaging, clean the interior and take the car to a car wash when you come pick it up..... I was amazed and highly recommend them. They've done both my cars so far.

Just tell em' Thanh from HIN recommended you. Feel free to hit me up here if you have any concerns.

www.sightwaves.com ...plus its right in the Pasadena area.
Old 05-12-08, 12:45 AM
Matador
Racer

Thanks for all the suggestions! I actually live in Eagle Rock so ill give sightwaves a call first thing monday, but they might be a little too classy for what I hope is a fairly quick fix.

Edit: I just mapquested sightwaves and they are all of 3 miles from me, thanks so much!
Old 05-12-08, 08:27 PM
Matador
Racer

I hit up SightWaves this morning and they were able to help me out. They were really nice and did a great job at really understanding what I needed. There was no pressure to sell more parts etc. Major props to those guys!

Uptown GS, I mentioned that you refered me but I think they might have confused you with someone else. One of the guys has a buddy with a silver GS and I couldnt remember what was in your sig...o well.
Old 05-12-08, 10:49 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

no worries! as long as you got what you needed. I dont need to help promote them... I do it because they really kicked some *** when I needed it, besides my car's practically done, just need to upholster the trunk. worked in overtime and still delivered grade A+++ service. That makes me confident to recommend any CL'er to Sightwaves.

PS did you see my fiberglass (black) box in the shop?
Old 06-02-08, 08:52 AM
RX729
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's SightWaves address...?