CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus of Riverside 2nd Annyal Fyeah event

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-15, 09:48 AM
shannana22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lexus of Riverside 2nd Annyal Fyeah event

Coming this October, Lexus of Riverside's second annual FYEAH car show event. We are finalizing the date but wanted to give a heads up to our SoCal enthusiasts. More to come. Also, what do you think makes for a WOW factor at one of these types of meets/events?
Old 06-15-15, 11:03 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

YESS!!! Can't wait, loved crusing with the local ISF guys to the event. 70+ miles of raw 5.0 v8s blasting down the highway, making everyone on the freeway turn their heads! sweet!

-Josh
Old 06-15-15, 04:18 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

damn already? wow, I've been wearing my Fyeah 2014 cap...I hope there's another F cap give away...
Old 06-15-15, 07:32 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

have better prizes for the raffle! Us ISF owners deserve cool prizes too.
Old 06-16-15, 12:11 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
have better prizes for the raffle! Us ISF owners deserve cool prizes too.
lol..thats right khoa, i still have the free oil change from pete coorey...
Old 06-16-15, 12:59 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

The inaugural meet was a complete success. A wonderful turnout from a very humble Lexus enthusiast crowd. Some things that might make it even more memorable might be:

1) pop up giveaways not associated with the raffle tickets

2) social media account involvement (i.e.- best IG/fb post, rewards for best depictions of the event as determined by the Lexus of Riverside staff to be delivered to the recipients' address, etc.)

3) added vendor participation with giveaways and discounts for products solely for attendees on the day

Having the radio team and food truck in attendance were both great and really made good use of the space that wasn't designated to the cars in attendance. And everyone in attendance receiving a very gracious gift when the event concluded- that was highly unexpected and well received.

My biggest issue, and this doesn't pertain to solely the IS Fs in attendance, was the revving and peeling off the dealer lot. While the police weren't able to nab anyone on the spot, there were a few instances of their lurking around for potential speeders and guys/gals who wanted to showcase their mods. A few attendees, including myself, were subject to a bit of questioning after the event. Yes, I did get pulled over because I "had a car like the other loud cars that zoomed by", but was not ticketed; just asked some very unique questions about the event and noise factor. And it is out of courtesy to the other dealers and surrounding homes to keep the noise to a respectable level. This isn't some wild 'n out free for all. It's a reputable event hosted by the community's Lexus dealership, and for it to be ongoing, it would highly advisable to not draw negative attention to the dealer or the attendees. More than likely, the law enforcement that weren't seen from last year's event will be closer than expected this time around, especially beyond the railroad tracks for those who wanted to give themselves added space to floor it and closer to the freeway onramp.

Let's make this one even better than the last, and I look forward to seeing the SoCal Lexus community again for this fun event. #fyeah
Old 06-16-15, 01:21 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

^ you got pulled over? dang lol.

Better prizes, and a better trophy ranking system lol.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-16-15, 08:12 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Count me in! OC ISF caravan!! As with any event like this, food, music, and raffles are essential.
Old 06-16-15, 09:39 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!!! Really looking forward to it
Old 06-16-15, 03:01 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
yea cant wait! congrats fellow winner!!!
Old 06-16-15, 10:54 PM
2jzdc
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
The inaugural meet was a complete success. A wonderful turnout from a very humble Lexus enthusiast crowd. Some things that might make it even more memorable might be:

1) pop up giveaways not associated with the raffle tickets

2) social media account involvement (i.e.- best IG/fb post, rewards for best depictions of the event as determined by the Lexus of Riverside staff to be delivered to the recipients' address, etc.)

3) added vendor participation with giveaways and discounts for products solely for attendees on the day

Having the radio team and food truck in attendance were both great and really made good use of the space that wasn't designated to the cars in attendance. And everyone in attendance receiving a very gracious gift when the event concluded- that was highly unexpected and well received.

My biggest issue, and this doesn't pertain to solely the IS Fs in attendance, was the revving and peeling off the dealer lot. While the police weren't able to nab anyone on the spot, there were a few instances of their lurking around for potential speeders and guys/gals who wanted to showcase their mods. A few attendees, including myself, were subject to a bit of questioning after the event. Yes, I did get pulled over because I "had a car like the other loud cars that zoomed by", but was not ticketed; just asked some very unique questions about the event and noise factor. And it is out of courtesy to the other dealers and surrounding homes to keep the noise to a respectable level. This isn't some wild 'n out free for all. It's a reputable event hosted by the community's Lexus dealership, and for it to be ongoing, it would highly advisable to not draw negative attention to the dealer or the attendees. More than likely, the law enforcement that weren't seen from last year's event will be closer than expected this time around, especially beyond the railroad tracks for those who wanted to give themselves added space to floor it and closer to the freeway onramp.

Let's make this one even better than the last, and I look forward to seeing the SoCal Lexus community again for this fun event. #fyeah
Your suggestion sounds similar to the Lexus of Westminster meet LOL.
Old 06-17-15, 01:03 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
^ you got pulled over? dang lol.

Better prizes, and a better trophy ranking system lol.
I know. I was one of the last ones to leave, too. One of the officers just wanted to see what the commotion was all about, while his partner walked around the car once. Thank goodness I had my front plate on after the event ended. It was more of an inconvenience than anything. else But I know the F crowd is a mature group (minus Kody's expletives and Hitler-like commands ). Looking forward to seeing you guys again sooner than later.

Originally Posted by IntegresS
This is one we might be able to pry viperrx out of the watering hole.

Originally Posted by r0shiro
yea cant wait! congrats fellow winner!!!
First and second place winners, respectively. Third place gets no love? From what I recall, that car was a bit old and kinda slow.

Originally Posted by 2jzdc
Your suggestion sounds similar to the Lexus of Westminster meet LOL.
Very true. Just want to have everyone leave with good memories and zero negativity. It's no different than law enforcement hanging outside the Irwindale Speedway after the Pursuit events in years past.
What I do like is that these dealer events being put on are solely for the benefit of the Lexus enthusiast community.
Old 06-17-15, 10:55 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Haahhahahhaaha, good leader is always got you guys thru pretty awesome meets and foods, plus everyone was safe at the end of the day
Old 06-25-15, 11:31 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shannana22
Also, what do you think makes for a WOW factor at one of these types of meets/events?
Not sure about this suggestion being a Wow factor, but having Lexus parts and accessories discounts during the event would be very cool.
Old 06-29-15, 08:55 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

This is cool. I was there last year and it was a blast. I'll be there again this year. I CANT WAIT!!

Quick Reply: Lexus of Riverside 2nd Annyal Fyeah event