CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Do Not Go To Longo Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 03:49 PM
GS300kicks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Do Not Go To Longo Lexus

Absolutely horrible service consultant! Always seemed rushed and thinks you are at the assembly line. Don't want to mention his name. Just don't go there!
Old 01-24-08, 03:56 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

might help if state your reason for going there.
Old 01-24-08, 04:16 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300kicks
Absolutely horrible service consultant! Always seemed rushed and thinks you are at the assembly line. Don't want to mention his name. Just don't go there!
Why not and what happened

I have an service appointment at Longo this saturday 26th.. Please tell us your story and who was your service advisor?
Old 01-24-08, 04:27 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not name the S.A.? Also, just b/c one S.A. may be unpleasant doesn't mean the entire Longo service department is bad.

You should contact the manager of the service department and voice your concerns.
Old 01-24-08, 04:30 PM
GS300kicks
Driver School Candidate

His name is Man Wong. I brought my car there for service and have them also check out a faint sound that seemed to come from the dash board. The first question he asked me (like I have never driven a luxury car) was " What kind of gasoline do you use for the GS?" His attitude was bad enough to make me feel like I was the one that screw things up. Even though I got a loaner and things are fixed, I just will NOT bring my car there anymore. I guess longo is fine if you did not get this jerk as your service rep.
Old 01-24-08, 04:35 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

You sound pretty angry.
Old 01-24-08, 04:36 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 579 Likes on 398 Posts

I've used Rachael Frost for the times that I've been there. She's always been courteous to me
Old 01-24-08, 04:55 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by link13
You sound pretty angry.

in the end, at least the problem is fixed. maybe next time, try another Lexus dealer or request another SA, not Man. GL

btw, what type of service did you have performed?

i had them do my complimentary oil change + fix some molding w/no gripes.
Old 01-24-08, 05:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

funny, another incident with man wong. if it's just one case, maybe you can say it's independent. but when it's multiple people with multiple incidents, that say something. i don't find myself going to longo as well although they are much closer
Old 01-24-08, 05:16 PM
GS300kicks
Driver School Candidate

hey, rominl, any good recommendation of other dealers? Westminister is too far. Is glendale pretty nice?
Old 01-24-08, 05:23 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Man Wong is weird.. he was fine with me.. treated me with respect and everything.. however, when it came to my mom, she was telling me that he was giving her problems.. i'll believe my mom even though he didn't give me any hassle..

i forgot this other guy i go to now, but he's better than him.. not to make fun of him, but one of his eyes is crooked and wears glasses.. he's better to go to..
Old 01-24-08, 05:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS300kicks
hey, rominl, any good recommendation of other dealers? Westminister is too far. Is glendale pretty nice?
i have my cars serviced at keyes and one time at glendale. at glendale i asked for tim (sp?), it was good experience. at keyes i know the master tech so he's the one who works on my car.

see, those places are far away from me (i am in fullerton), but i rather drive that long. there is a reason
Old 01-24-08, 05:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
Man Wong is weird.. he was fine with me.. treated me with respect and everything.. however, when it came to my mom, she was telling me that he was giving her problems.. i'll believe my mom even though he didn't give me any hassle..

i forgot this other guy i go to now, but he's better than him.. not to make fun of him, but one of his eyes is crooked and wears glasses.. he's better to go to..
i don't know about others, but maybe i look young and he thought i was one of those kid who doesn't know any better with my cars?
Old 01-24-08, 05:32 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Next time either ask for Paul Mills (service writer) or go to another dealership.

You can complain to a manager or even ask for a manager to assist you but they'll simply pass you off to another service writer.

Paul Mills is good though and ask for Bob Jersey (mechanic) to work on your car. Those 2 guys are a good team.

Next closest dealers to Longo is Glendale and Cerritos. If you want to travel a bit further there's Westminster which is south and Keyes which is more north.

Most people don't realize this but service works on commission too.

Good Luck.
Old 01-24-08, 05:51 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

SW's do work on commission, but that doesn't guarantee good service, in some cases they will try to up sell you on unneeded products which are generally over priced BTW. However, that may be, it is GOOD to know one that you can refer to others and I generally tell the SW who the reference came from. It ensures i'm taken care of and lets them know they are doing a good job. One complait doesn't do much, but two consecutive ones do!

Quick Reply: Do Not Go To Longo Lexus