CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Do Not Go To Longo Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-08, 05:51 PM
Richardim
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys! i used to work for cerritos lexus as a service writer! for all those that live near or around and want to take it to cerritos, ask for frances saldania or brian kim as your writer! tell them that richard sent you and they will take care of you! also if possible request for peter tsui or kirk meyers as your tech! they both are great master techs and make sure everything is fixed proper. those 2 were the only ones that worked on my car! i didnt let anyone else touch my cars cus there the ones i can trust! there are times that it will take longer but you get a loaner car. i used to hold cars for a month some times juss to make sure that the car is repaired properly. as for the sales dept! ask to speak with desmond thompson or patty! they will both take great care of you! i would say that they both have the best customer service skills and treat/follow up great! juss my opinion! i know lexus of cerritos isnt great but if you happen to go there, ask for the people i mentioned!
Old 02-02-08, 06:36 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Longo was great for me, the salesman walked right up to us when we arrived at the dealership. Got a great deal too, my next Lexus is coming from Longo
Old 02-02-08, 08:58 PM
labrealiv
Driver

Originally Posted by Richardim
ok guys! i used to work for cerritos lexus as a service writer! for all those that live near or around and want to take it to cerritos, ask for frances saldania or brian kim as your writer! tell them that richard sent you and they will take care of you! also if possible request for peter tsui or kirk meyers as your tech! they both are great master techs and make sure everything is fixed proper. those 2 were the only ones that worked on my car! i didnt let anyone else touch my cars cus there the ones i can trust! there are times that it will take longer but you get a loaner car. i used to hold cars for a month some times juss to make sure that the car is repaired properly. as for the sales dept! ask to speak with desmond thompson or patty! they will both take great care of you! i would say that they both have the best customer service skills and treat/follow up great! juss my opinion! i know lexus of cerritos isnt great but if you happen to go there, ask for the people i mentioned!
WOW Richard!

Thanks for the "In" tips and names.
Old 02-03-08, 12:02 PM
steveaus
Driver School Candidate

I'm just reluctant to go to a dealer for anything but warranty service. Has anyone had good experiences with a Lexus mechanic (non-dealer) in the Santa Monica area?
Old 02-04-08, 07:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I have nothing but great experiences at Longo. We've purchased 5 Lexus vehicles through them and have nothing but praise for their establishment. That's why our most recent purchases were an 08 RX350 and 07 GS350 within a few weeks of each other/

Everyone will always have something good or bad to say about any dealership. It's sad that people dwell on the negatives more than the positives especially if they've never experienced the whole process for themselves.
Old 02-05-08, 03:00 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Been to Glendale, Westminster, Longo, Cerritos. The best service by far is either Westminster or Longo. Two different service reps at Longo helped me out, no complaints... made me feel like they are trying to resolve my warranty issues. Besides, look at both their facilities... very nice.

I can't say much for Cerritos... they treat you badly if you don't look a certain demographic... if you're young looking for instance, you're going to be treated like a kid.
Old 02-06-08, 03:00 PM
japoneez
Driver School Candidate

as far as general maintenance goes you guys are more than welcome to bring your car to the toyota dealership i'm a service writer for in costa mesa. it's a lot cheaper than going to a lexus dealership =)
Old 02-06-08, 04:44 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

^ But do you stock the oil filters for a 2GR-FSE (3.5l V6 in GS/IS). It's technically not the same as the Camry/Avalon 3.5 V6 oil filter. Same with the cabin filters. I've heard that Toyota dealerships are reluctant to stock Lexus-specific parts that aren't shared with toyotas. . .